mrchen
Participant
@mrchen

wardy, you will probably still be a wild smart ass like you and I am now, when you are in your fourties like me, lets face it, the ink aint going to dissapear, you better consider proper composition of any piece you permanently put on your body………tattooes do change

I lov emy ink, I want it to look good for as long as I stay verticle

kittykat200
Participant
@kittykat200

wardy does have a fair point though, no amount of careful composition is gonna stop you putting on weight, your skin become thinner and wrinkly, women getting pregnant and stretching things in unimaginable ways, an operation being needed across a tattooed area, loosing an arm with your favourite sleeve in a car accident etc. So yes you can hope they will look good for as long as possible, as i hope mine does but i would hope that mine will look nice for as long as possible and when im really old i doubt very much i shall be exposing that part of myself anyway, unless of course i become an 80 year old stripogram!? :S

mrchen
Participant
@mrchen

just take note that those lines are going to change without any of those things you mentioned happening

kittykat200
Participant
@kittykat200

Well when it starts to look bad i guess i’ll just have to cover it with one of those original koi fish i keep hearing about 😛

KatieScarlett
Participant
@katiescarlett

i think both are important. i also think it doesnt matter what other people think a good tattoo is – im the one wearing it. lol.
i have a text tattoo. it is a quote from a children’s book that i love to read with my daughter. it’s meaningful and sentimental and i wanted to carry it with me always and think of her whenever i see it. and that’s what i get out of it.

anonymous
Participant
@anonymous
ClarkCSM;81044 wrote:
It seems to me, that at the heart of this, is the question of what should a tattoo be; something that looks good, or something that has meaning to you.

So I want to ask, is it more important that a tattoo means something important, or that it’s aesthetically pleasing?

That’s up to the individual. People get tattoos for all sorts of reasons. Some get them simply because they like how a particular image looks. Some get something meaningful. Some people simply collect them and will get a piece simply because they want to collect a tattoo from that artist. Some people get them for a combination of these reasons or for different reasons entirely. I personally want a tattoo that is both aesthetically pleasing and meaningful, whether the meaning is reflective of my personality or simply a tribute to one of my favorite hobbies. If you like text tattoos, get one or two or … If you don’t, don’t.

stooshee
Participant
@stooshee

Can someone please have a look at one of my tattoos (It is the one in my album) and tell me if they think it is spaced out ok?
What I mean is, after I got the tattoo I learned that they can spread… my sister actually told me that the tattooist she went to at the weekend told her that it can up about 2mm. Does anyone know if this is right- my sister could have picked them up wrong.
I don’t think it is too close, but I am no expert.
It is not squint by the way, it is just the way I have taken the picture!

(NOTE- I have asked the question in this forum as it is a text/ roman numeral tattoo and didn’t feel it needed its own thread)

Thanks 🙂

Robert.B
Participant
@robert-b

It depends on the person, some people are more literary minded, some people are artistically minded. I like text tattoos and have a quote from Fight Club tattoed along my forearm, I read someone saying why would you have someone else’s words tattoed on you, I see it as an homage to someone who’s given you inspiration. But at the end of the day, if you’re happy with your tattoo, who cares what anyone else thinks?

Sam-I-Am
Participant
@sam-i-am

If I’m walking down the street people can see my tattoos at a glance. I don’t want to have stop untill somebody takes the time to read them.

cascade505
@

I was thinking of some tribal/japanese for mine.

Sam-I-Am
Participant
@sam-i-am

@cascade505 122183 wrote:

I was thinking of some tribal/japanese for mine.

Hello 505,

This is strictly my opinion and should be treated thus.

You will read many comments here regarding text, tribal, and koi fish. I think a tattoo should represent the person wearing it. I don’t like “traditional” or “old school” or “new wave” styles. my first tattoo was simply a lizard that was reminiscent of my honeymoon in 1985. A koi tattoo with all it’s color is alwright, but THOUSANDS of people have them. Tribal? it looks good on very few people. I could never pull it off. Text? My post above says it all.
Find something unique to you. When you have an idea, talk to a tattoo “artist” not just a “tattooer”.
They will transform your idea into a work of art.
Keep us posted. (don’t jump into it. Think it through!)

Pinklace
Participant
@pinklace

Nothing wrong with text i got loads hehe. Il like a walking diary xx

Sam-I-Am
Participant
@sam-i-am

@Pinklace 122347 wrote:

Nothing wrong with text i got loads hehe. Il like a walking diary xx

Years ago when I was a young “adventuresome” teenager I could never get anything by my mother. (Dad was easy) She always said: “I can read you like a book!”

Thinking of you covered in text? Thanks for the flashback!

(Some pictures of your art would be nice.)

Pinklace
Participant
@pinklace

I put some pics up in my post hi in the welcome thread ages ago. My pc is in for repair an it’s bloody hard posting them up on my phone lol.

The text I got is love on my wrist. Make love no war on my foot. Peace on my ankle. And my daughters name and I got cheeky written on the top on my thigh just under my bum cos that was just funny.

cascade505
@

what do you guys think about egyptian hieroglyphic lettering on shoulder/arms?

Viewing 15 posts - 46 through 60 (of 76 total)

You must be logged in to create new topics.