southern_rebel_rose
Participant
@southern_rebel_rose
GeordieTattooLover;75949 wrote:
He just said to use bepanthen cream on them for 2 weeks it’s been almost a week and there looking good will post pic of them soon as I get my camera sorted.

My next ones are my face and the exact same place will do them :D!

I’ve noticed already with my hands done I’m getting a negative response… ffs why is this :/

You are getting negative responses because people view people with tattoos on the face, hands, neck as being gang members or as being criminals.

You were warned by MANY people on here before getting it done that it is a bad idea, a stupid idea and holy shit … you didn’t want to listen!!! 😮 What a surprise!

Now it is your own stupid fault because you are obviously immature and getting tattoos on an impulse which means you aren’t thinking about what is going to happen, 5 or even 10 years down the road when you have to get a REAL job, grow up and finally act like an adult.

KnightHawk
Participant
@knighthawk
GeordieTattooLover;75949 wrote:
I’ve noticed already with my hands done I’m getting a negative response… ffs why is this :/

Wow. Just…wow. I understand that being nineteen almost universally means you’re stupid, but Jesus titty fucking Christ you give new meaning to the term. I went and read your other thread man, and everyone done did told you that it’d mark you for life as an outsider, and wait until you get your face done. Even heavily tattooed enthusiasts like me are gonna be looking at you like a dog hearing your voice coming out of an answering machine.

But you’re a determined dumbass, so, yeah, have fun ruining your life. I’m gonna be over here pointing and laughing.

Also, it takes roughly 2 weeks for tattoos to heal.

Love. Peace. Metallica.

taffupatree
Participant
@taffupatree

Even sitting in a studio listening to numpties coming out with stoopid comments and ideas this guy takes the biscuit.cannot belive the stupidity…….kighthawk ill be laughing with u dude.

goldengraemes
Participant
@goldengraemes

My presumption was wrong lol. I would have thought anyone who was getting visible ink had sleeves done along with other bigger areas before going for the neck or hands. I guess alot of this has come from footballers in the uk, rappers and such like who can get inked up and earn millions non the less.
I picked up skin deep magazine in Tesco and some kid said to his girlfriend this is the tattoo I want on my neck that said LOSER!
I thought that will help him in his career lol but yet not one tattoo that I could see on his arms :confused:

GeordieTattooLover
Participant
@geordietattoolover

All of you are saying getting your face done will make you an outsider right?
I’m sure Kat Von D has face and hand tattoos regardless of her being a tattoo artist… why ain’t you giving her negative responses?

I don’t regret my hands at all I just said that alot of people seem to stare these days compared to not having them done.

I don’t see how age has anything to do with it when you are 18+ and legal and you have your own mind…

board_riider
Participant
@board_riider

Okay, seriously…I’m pretty sure Kat von D, wouldn’t have her hands and face tattooed if she wasn’t the huge tattoo artist/star that she is now…plus, her whole body is pretty much covered, so it kinda goes! (i’m not a huge fan of hers, but still)..yours and her situations are just a LITTLE bit different..(Scarcasm at it’s finest!)…

Well, it seems you’re somewhat having second thoughts about your hands, no? Due to all the unwanted attention and all…it comes with having a tattoo..people will look! Get over it. It happens. All the time.

Age has a lot to do with it…come back here in 10 years and see how far those hand, and soon to be face tattoos have affected your life. Betcha the cons side of the page will be a LOT longer than the pros.

Oh and one other thing…is there a reason you keep avoiding the topic about maybe posting some pics of these, so-called-hand tattoos?…If you’re loud and proud, may as well show it off, no?….Or is there a fear of more judgement, or do you just not want more people to stare at them?

GeordieTattooLover
Participant
@geordietattoolover

I will post pics up as soon as the tattoos have fully healed I hate how them look now bits peeling.
I have no problem people looking but it just seems to be I go onto a train or bus and all people do is stare at your knuckles… and are like :rolleyes: and avoid you to say the least when it’s only love and hate.

It doesn’t matter if kat is a artist or not she still has her hands and face done why doesn’t she get criticised?

Age? I’m old enough and mature enough what I want from my life.

Also, there is no cons of getting your hands and face done all of the jobs that wouldn’t let you with them I’d never go for… construction has no problems with visible tattoos or nightshift work etc.

Put kat aside plenty of ”common celebs” with face tats, most rappers have them, mike tyson, oli skyes brother, michelle mcgee, etc etc – why nobody judge them?

I don’t see how people can say it will ruin your life when beauty is skin deep and your appearance doesn’t affect your personality.

Gsouder
Participant
@gsouder

The difference between you and all the people you listed is that you are looking at a future of making minimum wage as a night shift construction operator while they have enough time, money and talent to support themselves. You seem to think we are all against you- like most teens- and you forget that we have all been where you are. We all see that you are doing things to your life because you think you have everything figured out now that you are 18. Whether you see it now or not, working the night shift at a construction site when your 40 is going to feel way different than it does now, trust me.

I know that you think you have life worked out but you come across as a kid making a lot of dumb moves. Comparing yourself to Kat or Mike tyson- two people who don’t have to worry about getting jobs- is a weak, silly argument.

board_riider
Participant
@board_riider

Really though, I think you should just stop trying to defend your case about them..if you were totally cool, happy and content with them, no one else’s thoughts or feelings would matter to you now, would they? So, who gives a shit.

KnightHawk
Participant
@knighthawk
GeordieTattooLover;76032 wrote:
All of you are saying getting your face done will make you an outsider right?
I’m sure Kat Von D has face and hand tattoos regardless of her being a tattoo artist… why ain’t you giving her negative responses?

A) She’s a tattoo artist, and tattoo artists are given more leeway with tattoos and bodymods than your average joe….in the context of a tattoo shop, convention, or other such related venues.

B) She’s a celebrity. Celebrities get more leeway than average people because they’re famous. Right or not, it’s true.

C) You’re a fucking moron for thinking you got us on that one.

Let me lay it out for you–Kat Von D certainly gets the kind of negative reaction women with extreme tattoos get, i.e., that she’s fucking easy and a freak in bed, among people who don’t recognize her. Women with that kind of ink are, generally speaking, assumed to be whores. Guys with those tattoos are thought to be dangerous, freaks, or criminals.

Is it right? Of course not. But we don’t live in the world that ought to be, we live in the world that is, and in this world, tattoos aren’t socially acceptable. Tattoos on your neck, hands, or ESPECIALLY your face are evn less so.

Which is the point. Part of the mystic of tattoos is that they aren’t acceptable. But mystic or no, there is a price to pay for visible tattoos my man, and you’re gonna be paying it for the rest of your life.

Get used to it.

Love. Peace. Metallica.

jmechlin
Participant
@jmechlin

Ok as stated above they don’t catch hell for getting highly visible ink because they are already set in career field that allows them the freedom to go public with their ink. As one youngen to another i think you should have waited. Do you currently work in construction? From my personal experience in the industry I’ve notice its not something that most would like to do for the rest of their lives. Its fine when you’r young, but if you pay attention to any of the old timers you’ll see that most are worn down. I also think getting highly visible ink right out of the gate is disrespectful. Don’t get me wrong I would love to get my knuckles done! But I believe they are space that someone should earn.

GeordieTattooLover
Participant
@geordietattoolover

Listen, I’m not really comparing me to kat or tyson what I’m stating is you lot are giving me alot of negative stick about getting my face done next but you ain’t really mentioning them whether a celeb or not.

1) How is it a dumb move? I understand visible ink is looked down upon by some people but whos body is it? I’m not harming anybody…

2) I asked about the girlfriend and nightclubs and bars because I just would like to know if it really will affect getting a girlfriend big time that is all christ…

People always say when you’re young but I’m a fully grown adult and mature enough to make my own decisions…? Not as if I’m 12…

I don’t see how there is much difference from getting your hands/face done than arms apart from its visible all the time :rolleyes:

And also people no need to get angry can easily just reply nicely…

None of you say any other cons apart from affecting jobs…

Sherav
Participant
@sherav

Hi Geordie

The thing with tattoos is that whether we like to admit or not it does separate us from many of the mainstream because we have something visible that a non-tattooed person does not have.

They will look some will be curious, other will think we are stupid/thoughtless/criminals etc etc the majority (depending on the culture of the country) will be indifferent.

However the more visible your ink the more you will stand out and many will be nervous about your hand tattoos.

The reason for this is simply a mix of cultural and biological reaction.

Society is only a week or 2 of no food or power away from riots and breakdown where the strongest will survive by taking from the weakest.

Subconciously we are aware that this is the case and always on the look out for danger especially when confronted in a group situiation of strangers eg buses or public transport. This is because the hands are the tool of demise and like animals have warning colours many ppl interpret tattoos in the same way as ‘don’t tread on me’. (Biological survival instinct).

The cultural thing is that to have ‘order’ we need to have a set of normative values which is something everybody agrees on is the ‘right thing or way to act’. (Even if wrong by another culture’s standards it is a generally unspoken way of living).

Getting inked puts us on the edge of that even though it is getting more mainstream there are millions of non-tattooed ppl.

They will see somebody who has done an act that says I am not going to fully conform and I am my own person and yes I paid for this in blood and pain.

The thing ticking in their head is if that person can go through the blood and pain to make that statement and show it visibily – will they be a threat to me because they are different?

Many will think yes (I get it a lot when wearing a vest or at the gym or in the sauna ppl will crowd next to each other than sit near me).

Sadly this is how many are brought upto think that ppl with ink are dangerous or unhinged to get it done in the first place or are ‘tougher’ because we chose to inflict pain on ourselves.

That is why many women get degraded for ink – because there is a certain jealously that they have broken with the norm and got themselves tattooed.

Why do many men think tattooed women are hot? Because they have done something that symbolises an act of will and puts them out from the crowd.

Hand and face tattoos are still very taboo in the UK and will frankly scare the shit out of many ppl – because it is different.

It does not make us monsters but we have to live with the fact that we are showing ourselves as individuals as we get inked for ourselves and only a bonus if others like it.

Take Care
Matthew

taffupatree
Participant
@taffupatree

Woop, there it is. Just bout sums it up.altho ive been doing sum bashing about this subject i agree…it is ur body and u can do with it what u wish.

GeordieTattooLover
Participant
@geordietattoolover
taffupatree;76098 wrote:
Woop, there it is. Just bout sums it up.altho ive been doing sum bashing about this subject i agree…it is ur body and u can do with it what u wish.

I’ve read your posts into this topic and all you seem to do is just slag me off no offence like… :rolleyes:

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 60 total)

You must be logged in to create new topics.