Tattoosareace
Participant
@tattoosareace

I think it depends where you live and which nightclub you go into.

Tattoos have become alot more accepted than say 50 years ago but still people that are heavy tattooed or have visible tattoos have taboo and stigma attached to them and places like nightclubs are tough to even get in with trainers on never mind tattoos haha.

Asher
@

Us girls seem to get into clubs with tats on show, but the boys are turned away if they’ve got full sleeves. Its not fair and is discriminatory!!:(

sleevetd
Participant
@sleevetd

Here in LA tattoos are not a big deal in the clubs. I’ve actually been in meetings with some CEO’s also with full sleeves. So I think its becoming very normal now.

CandD
Participant
@candd

I agree that it really depends on the club scene you go for. If you go to one of those dance/ rave/ trance whatever you call them clubs, you won’t see lots of tattoos. Maybe the occasional small ones. I go to small bars with bands that cater more to the rock and roll crowd and there are lots of pretty cool ink there.

Aussie_Al
Participant
@aussie_al
CandD;96373 wrote:
I agree that it really depends on the club scene you go for. If you go to one of those dance/ rave/ trance whatever you call them clubs, you won’t see lots of tattoos. Maybe the occasional small ones. I go to small bars with bands that cater more to the rock and roll crowd and there are lots of pretty cool ink there.

So true I was at a metal show sunday night and it seemed like you were in the minority if you did not have tattoos!

kittykat200
Participant
@kittykat200

i think tattoos have grown so much in popularity because the calibre of artists these days are so high! i would never have got any tattoos if they were still the crappy “inmate” tattoos they used to be, but now artists (if you go to the right people) take so much pride in their artwork that you can end up with some truly amazing things. Art is beauty, and now the art of tattoos is in the kind of position where it can only get better ๐Ÿ™‚

I’m just turned 25 and got my first nearly a year ago and i have to say i know more girls than guys with tattoos atm, though the guys have a lot more on each individual person.

I have to say around my area, if you really wanted to promote a studio you should tackle the gay scene, particularly lesbians, same goes for piercings. One of my best friends is a lesbian and she was whining at me just today about how all of a sudden if a lesbian gets a pin up or an eyebrow piercing she’s immediately told that she’s a copy cat etc. I dont know if that’s the same everywhere but she definitely thinks its a huge thing among her friends at the moment ๐Ÿ™‚

I dont think it necessarily has anything to do with this, punk, emo, rock etc craze. I am a normal, educated, middle class person i would say, i dont have half my head shaved and rings coming out of every possible piece of pierceable skin, and most people i know are very surprised that i have any tattoos at all, you dont have to fit into those stereotypes anymore, white collar workers are probably just as likely to walk into a shop now as anyone else. As for mine, i just blame it on the artist in me! lol

AmandaChan001
Participant
@amandachan001

Right now, there are some machines that print the temporary tattoo, are you guys interesred in it?

Viewing 7 posts - 76 through 82 (of 82 total)

You must be logged in to create new topics.