Grin n Wear It
Participant
@grin-n-wear-it

Just looked at your tattoos…kind stuff Becky does, Bex Galery

miss_ivy
Participant
@miss_ivy
Grin n Wear It;55990 wrote:
That is keen…but is that common? I’ll have to ask the grew at ‘Grin n Wear It’, never thought to ask them that one…

Not sure really, I know people who travel like 30miles alot but not as far as I do. x

miss_ivy
Participant
@miss_ivy
Grin n Wear It;55991 wrote:
Just looked at your tattoos…kind stuff Becky does, Bex Galery

Wow she’s really talented! x

Grin n Wear It
Participant
@grin-n-wear-it
miss_ivy;55993 wrote:
Wow she’s really talented! x

Bex has been working with Rabbit for some years now.

I think experience counts for allot but to be really good it would seem you really do need to have that something extra, and that something seems to be to have an artistic eye. Researching for the site I can clearly see who does and who doesn’t have that. Not really sure all notice such things though. Maybe i can see it cuz I’m a bit arty myself, not that anyone should ever let me loose with a tattoo gun though. 😮

Aussie_Al
Participant
@aussie_al

I think its due to the fact that on the whole tattoos and being tattooed are a lot more acceptable now then they were 20 years ago

When I grew up it was pretty much bikers, felons, rockers, skins and punks that had tattoos

These days seems like pretty much everyone has them

When i go into my local corporate bank (I am fully sleeved etc) one of the managers always comes running up to me and proudly tells me what new piece she has got

That would never happen 20 years ago!

Grin n Wear It
Participant
@grin-n-wear-it

Agreed, wonder when and why the change happened though? Better tattoos and celebrities is my only guess to the ‘why’ but the ‘when’…the 90s? I know allot of shops sprung-up from the late 90s to the credit crunch but that is probably because of the boom…
People were walking about with a limp they had so much cash in their wallet! Gotta off-load it somewhere I guess…(me. I never had that problem)

The Mighty Ming
Participant
@the-mighty-ming

Most nightclubs I’ve been to in the past didn’t even allow people with excessive tattoos into their club (face and hand tatts etc). In just a few years though I’ve seen fully covered revellers in clubs although the only tattoos you will see on most clubbers are the usual lower back tattoos on girls and arm tattoos on fellas.

I can’t really give a good answer as to why more and more people have tattoos today apart from the usual it’s more ‘socially acceptable’. Will face and hand tattoos be more socially acceptable in 10 or 15 years?

Grin n Wear It
Participant
@grin-n-wear-it
The Mighty Ming;56006 wrote:
Most nightclubs I’ve been to in the past didn’t even allow people with excessive tattoos into their club (face and hand tatts etc). In just a few years though I’ve seen fully covered revellers in clubs although the only tattoos you will see on most clubbers are the usual lower back tattoos on girls and arm tattoos on fellas.

I can’t really give a good answer as to why more and more people have tattoos today apart from the usual it’s more ‘socially acceptable’. Will face and hand tattoos be more socially acceptable in 10 or 15 years?

Thanks Mighty Ming.
It’s gotta be that they are much more artistic hasn’t? I mean…they’re hardly like the tats people would once get in prison or while serving in the merchant navy.

Some of the portraits they knockout nowadays are something else…you couldn’t have dreamed of them years ago.
I’m coming to the conclusion that there’s a bunch of people still having them to identify themselves with certain groups types, then a totally new lot to beautify themselves (including women) Yes theres lots of other reasons but they seem to be the two main reasons and one group is much newer that the other, mainly because of what is today possible with tattoos.

Asenath83
Participant
@asenath83

I am more likely to be seen in alternative night clubs where seeing tattoos and piercings is no big deal anyway and no one minds if you start chatting with them because you think their inkwork is cool. Advertising in those would probably be a good idea. Why not try to find out which clubs your current clientele frequents and start from there?

Can’t say much about the more mainstream places, but given the quality I often see on people who are otherwise not into “alternative” lifestyles I doubt many people frequenting those clubs have the patience and willingness to do their research to consider a good studio with serious artists who won’t just tattoo random cr*p on anyone.

Grin n Wear It
Participant
@grin-n-wear-it
Quote:
Why not try to find out which clubs your current clientele frequents and start from there

Good point Asenath83…that is where I’ll start.

It amazes me the amount of posts saying that… in the clubs so many are wearing crappy tats. As I stated, I haven’t any tattoos but if I was too… I’d certainly do my homework first for both design and artist.

Anyway, it is becoming clear that hitting the club scene is not a bad idea. It is where people want to look their best, show people who they are and what they think. And more and more people are doing that in the clubs with tattoos n piercings.

Aussie_Al
Participant
@aussie_al

I am no sure where is started either but I do think shows like Miami Ink and LA ink have helped the general public accept it more!

Grin n Wear It
Participant
@grin-n-wear-it
Aussie_Al;56067 wrote:
I am no sure where is started either but I do think shows like Miami Ink and LA ink have helped the general public accept it more!

Heard of them from the Studio but that’s about it. No doubt they are helping it all along. I can’t remember tats being all that popular during the 90s, when did these programs…if that’s what they are, start? Just wondering how much a part of it they played in kicking-off tattoo acceptability…

miss_ivy
Participant
@miss_ivy
Aussie_Al;56067 wrote:

Definalty agree there! I think programmes like that made people realise that some people have tattoos for very personal reasons and just how beautiful they can be!x

Grin n Wear It
Participant
@grin-n-wear-it

Do you know when those programs hit the air Miss Ivy?

miss_ivy
Participant
@miss_ivy

Not sure a few years back now, they were out first in the states though. x

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 82 total)

You must be logged in to create new topics.