evnbay
@

[lang=vi]I love the art tube it gives me a sense of fun[/lang]

Zombiecupcake
Participant
@zombiecupcake
Ddenzik;64300 wrote:
So I recently applied for a job at American Eagle. For those of you who don’t know what that is, its a clothing store that is in most major malls. I had the interview and they said I did great but they couldn’t hire me because of my showing tattoos. I was just shocked that a place like that would discriminate against tattoos. So my response was ” thank you, I don’t want to work somewhere that discriminates against people with tattoos anyways.”

Has anyone else had problems like this before?

Olive Garden or Darden INC are HUGE anti-tattoo Nazis. I got a cute little owl behind my ear and they made me wear my hair in a way that was covering the tattoo but was still pulled back. So I wore side pigtails (which I love anyways) for months. After I got a few more on my arms they would not allow me to pull my sleeves up. And whenever guests saw my tattoos they would comment how cute they were. My work is all public suitable and unoffensive. And I was an employee who was always punctual, worked for the company for two years and never got a single customer complaint. Needless to say I would never work for that company ever again and I would not reccomend people to, unless you want to work in the back, out of the publics eye.

anonymous
Participant
@anonymous
Mistress_Of_Pain;108365 wrote:
I work at Walmart as a cashier. When I got hired I only had one tattoo in which was on my right calf. They specified no visible tattoos, or at least no visible offensive tattoos. Needless to say I now have 3 more tats, two of which are visible on my upper left arm. I’ve actually had management comment on my tattoos, saying how nice they are. We can also wear capris (the women anyway) during the nicer months and on nice days and I have a tattoo now on each of my legs and I’ve never been talked to about it. I have multiple coworkers with showing tattoos and they’ve never been talked to either. Any and all interviews I’ve been on though I’ve made sure my tats were covered even though it didn’t matter much since I never got the job anyway.

My wife is an assistant manager for Wal-Mart. She has 2 tattoos and one of her co-workers, also an ass’t manager,has 40+. While there is no official policy forbidding tattoos, management has been instructed that they would be wise to cover up or they can (and likely will) be passed over for promotions. Since WM has no union – and takes great strides to assure that they never will – there is little employees can do to combat this, especially since these warnings are never put into writing.

Aussie_Al
Participant
@aussie_al
Zombiecupcake;108855 wrote:
Olive Garden or Darden INC are HUGE anti-tattoo Nazis. I got a cute little owl behind my ear and they made me wear my hair in a way that was covering the tattoo but was still pulled back. So I wore side pigtails (which I love anyways) for months. After I got a few more on my arms they would not allow me to pull my sleeves up. And whenever guests saw my tattoos they would comment how cute they were. My work is all public suitable and unoffensive. And I was an employee who was always punctual, worked for the company for two years and never got a single customer complaint. Needless to say I would never work for that company ever again and I would not reccomend people to, unless you want to work in the back, out of the publics eye.

wow thats horrible – sorry to hear it

Mistress_Of_Pain
Participant
@mistress_of_pain
D3FiANC3;108861 wrote:
My wife is an assistant manager for Wal-Mart. She has 2 tattoos and one of her co-workers, also an ass’t manager,has 40+. While there is no official policy forbidding tattoos, management has been instructed that they would be wise to cover up or they can (and likely will) be passed over for promotions. Since WM has no union – and takes great strides to assure that they never will – there is little employees can do to combat this, especially since these warnings are never put into writing.

Yea my previous store manage had quite a few but there again, she was always wearing suites and stuff like that. We have a merchandise supervisor that has multiple tattoos on his arms but he wears long sleeves to keep them covered. Mine, well, one of them is hard for me to cover but there again i’m only a cashier. My managers actually like my tattoos which is a good thing!

Justanothername
Participant
@justanothername

I agree, it is very unfortunate to be looked upon differently just for expressing yourself a certain way. Sadly it is up to the employer/company policy to determine whether or not that affects your hiring status. Just get your job squared away and keep ’em hidden until you get where you want or you are socially accepted(job wise) for what you chose to adorn. Good luck!

Inkmywholebodi
Participant
@inkmywholebodi

I have a dream!….that one day the tattooed and fresh pallets can coexisit in a world that we all love. All jokes.. but seriously 🙂

horsegirl
Participant
@horsegirl

It Does Suck Big time

I work for a bank and I am not allowed to have my tattoos on my legs show so If I wear a shorter skirt I have to wear my boots.

People are so Damn sensitive they are offended by every damn thing

ezrider
Participant
@ezrider
horsegirl;110329 wrote:
It Does Suck Big time

I work for a bank and I am not allowed to have my tattoos on my legs show so If I wear a shorter skirt I have to wear my boots.

People are so Damn sensitive they are offended by every damn thing

I work in the banking industry, fortunately for me I am not in a customer facing position. The company I am working for now has no policies in their hand book regarding tattoos. Before we were bought out however the company policy forbid any visible tattoos at all. It does suck that there is still a negative reaction to tattoos in today’s professional settings, hopefully it will continue to get better.

horsegirl
Participant
@horsegirl

Be glad your not seeing the customers omg freaking god…. Haha…

Do I see a bike in your avatar nice!

ezrider
Participant
@ezrider
horsegirl;110354 wrote:
Be glad your not seeing the customers omg freaking god…. Haha…

Do I see a bike in your avatar nice!

I’m very glad I don’t have to see them, although I do have to talk with them all day long 🙂

And yes that is my bike in my avatar…It’s one of my favorite pastimes.

road2nowhere2.jpg

m3t4lh3ad
Participant
@m3t4lh3ad

I work in IT for a telecoms provider in the Channel Islands, where most people are what you’d call ‘upper class’ and attitudes to tattoos here are some of the least discriminatory I’ve come across. When I applied for my job one of the other applicants had a large piece on his forearm and interviewers asked about it and really paid close attention, and he eventually got the job too. I’d say about 1/3 of the people I work with have one or more tattoos, one of the managers has a full sleeve and it’s as though it’s invisible.

Even my girlfriend, who works in a very upmarket law firm where there is a ‘no tattoo’ policy has never had any problems. She has a fairly sizeable one on her wrist and just wears a long sleeve shirt/cardigan for client meetings and they’re perfectly happy.

kitty145684
Participant
@kitty145684
Rockysmom;64336 wrote:
I worked in retail (Express) and they said you couldn’t have visible tattoos. I saw a girl at Starbucks and she puts a band-aid over her neck tattoos every time she works.

I think id rather see her tattoos then wonder what sunder the bandaids lol.

At a bank here (Sydney, Australia) there is one lady that has both arms fully tattooed.

I would think that with the amount of people getting tattooed now employers are going to have to put up with it otherwise they won’t be able to run their business without employees? lol

ickabod
@

Hi guys n gals, I work in a recycling center over here in the uk, and have just been told that the tattoos on my head are offencive ( chrome tribal ), but the tattoos on my neck, the full sleeve, the half sleeve (chrome tribal ) are ok but must wear a hat or bandana at all times at work or I will be sacked, the funny thing is that the bandana that is wear has a chrome tribal design on it very similar to my tattoo and is allowed.

Funny what rules they make up

kind regards, ickabod

BertNaked
Participant
@bertnaked

Once again, there’s hope for todays society.
This is a picture from todays web-newspaper, where a policeofficer is cuffing/uncuffing “He who we do not speak of”. Police and the army were supposed to be the stricktest places against tattoos. This however shows there’s a change going around.

tattoopoliti.jpg

Viewing 15 posts - 211 through 225 (of 270 total)

You must be logged in to create new topics.