Benjaminho
Participant
@benjaminho

BUT you tolerated it =] thats what im trying to get across, the pain is tolerated (by most people lol) some people have a problem with blood, and then theres the fact that your blood sugar level could be low and you could faint, take a bottle of lucozade with you and if you feel light headed at all, tell the artist to stop for a while and drink your lucozade, dont worry it’ll be fine

The Mighty Ming
Participant
@the-mighty-ming

The only thing that hurts more than pain is the price! When you’re as skint as me anyway 😀 lol

Hey Lady
Participant
@hey-lady

The pain never really bothers me, I’m always so excited about getting ink, that I never think about pain, I’m a Diabetic so I do have to be careful to have a snack or have just eaten before getting ink …..I’m counting the days til my next Tattoo :0 )

wickedjr89
Participant
@wickedjr89

If your that scared of the pain then maybe you shouldnt get a tatoo. If you really want one RElax. It’s not that bad. I know peoples pain tolerance can differ though and mine are not on the most sensitive areas but srsly my last tat on my shoulder didnt hurt AT ALL. I was shocked it didnt (except for a second here and there a bit) but that coulda had to do with the fact my hand went numb. I guess from being still or something. I heard the numbing creams kinda help but they are looked down upon as they should be. As others have said the pain is part of the tatoo experience and really ain’t that bad. Let your mind wander while your getting it, make sure you get a good night sleep before hand and eat something 1-2 hours before.

Infamous78
Participant
@infamous78
Hey Lady;66820 wrote:
The pain never really bothers me, I’m always so excited about getting ink, that I never think about pain, I’m a Diabetic so I do have to be careful to have a snack or have just eaten before getting ink …..I’m counting the days til my next Tattoo :0 )

I’m diabetic as well. I went in thinking I stick myself with needles all day anyway but the pain from my ink on my inner bicep was almost unbareable.

Hey Lady
Participant
@hey-lady
Infamous78;67268 wrote:
I’m diabetic as well. I went in thinking I stick myself with needles all day anyway but the pain from my ink on my inner bicep was almost unbareable.

Yeah! that is a very Owie area…… I think that and my My Ow bow were the most painful but not so bad that I could not stand it, most of my ink was smooth sailing, I must say!

Gsouder
Participant
@gsouder
Infamous78;67268 wrote:

I had a 6 hour appointment booked yesterday for the start of a sleeve and he went strait to the inner bicep first. I tapped out aft about 4 hours, I’ll go back and finish later. I just couldn’t take any more! The shading was fine but the outline gun was killing me. I felt like such a pansy but I was done.

Infamous78
Participant
@infamous78
Gsouder;67680 wrote:
I had a 6 hour appointment booked yesterday for the start of a sleeve and he went strait to the inner bicep first. I tapped out aft about 4 hours, I’ll go back and finish later. I just couldn’t take any more! The shading was fine but the outline gun was killing me. I felt like such a pansy but I was done.

I find it easier when the artist starts off on my shoulder or the outer part of my bicep then moves into the inner bicep area. Guess I’m just used to the pain by the time he reaches the inner bicep so it doesn’t hurt as much. But I hate when they start out at the inner bicep first.

vesipeneva
@

Please if someone have tattoo like lady gaga on the arm write me if its a good idea or not ?

ShaneWPRS
Participant
@shanewprs

igoring alot of this thread due to the nature the posts/replies

However I am one of those *gulp* fainters. What I found out when I was about 25 is that I cant stand the site of my own blood. Anybody else is fine, but when I see my own its like Im looking through a closing tunnel and I start getting dizzy. And the same thing happens when I first start getting tat work done. Never fails.
What Ive always done in the past is just be honest with the artist, and about 15 minutes into it. I get up. go to the bathroom, splash some water on my face and then go sit back down. Everything is fine after that.
I think when it comes to tats for me its a little bit excitement, and then the fact that I know the needle is piercing my skin and of course the very little amount of blood.

I dont consider myself a panzy. 6’2″ 250lbs ex military, ex bouncer, athletic, etc. Its just my mind and body type.
I will try the pepsi suggestion for my next tat and see how that works.

Oh and as far as pain… Yea the inside of the bisep is killer.

ER88
Participant
@er88

How much does it hurt on your ribs? My first tattoo was on my ribs/below my armpit and my artist told me this was among the most painful spots. As I was laying in the chair and the guy was prepping the area etc I decided to make conversation so I was like “SOOO WHAT’S THE MOST PAINFUL SPOT TO GET TATTOOED” and I remember he just looked at me in the eyes with this funny look and told me, “right here.” Trying to minimize my courage I was like, “Oh I heard the top of the foot was painful… I know a girl who cried getting the top of her foot done” “yeah that’s pretty bad, but this is the worst, tied with your armpit.”

Then he acted pretty surprised later that I didn’t mind the pain from the tattoo, which took like 2-3 hours

So is it true, is the ribcage one of the worst? I’m sure it was worse for me because i weighed like 105 lbs at the time so it was right on bone… If it is one of the worst, I’m glad I got my first tattoo there. Now I know I can handle it anywhere I guess.

Scissors
Participant
@scissors

Fainting doesn’t have to have anything to do with psychology, it may as well just be physical.

I’ve never had a problem with needles before, but once when I was giving blood during a physical I all of a sudden fainted. The doctor explained to me that there are many factors to concider. I am tall for one and quite low blood pressure. But more important was that the nurse had problems finding a good vein (I was giving quite a lot of blood) to pinprick. She stung me three times before possibly finding a good vein, and maybe she got a little eager or something, because she was pretty much digging around in my elbow pit with that needle. I was looking, as I always do because I think it works best that way, and then things got dizzy and I woke up on the floor with a bunch of people around me.

The doctor explained that it is possible that when certain nerves gets hit (don’t ask me for specifics) the reacts in a certain manner. Blood vessels open which may cause blood pressure drop and you faint. I suppose it’s sort of like the body panics – even if you’re head is calm – and prepares for a massive flight but as nothing happens the boody doesn’t pump as much blood as expected but the vessels are open. Again, don’t ask for specifics or take this as 100% correct, but this is the main picture of what can happen.

A few weeks later I was having my first tattoo session and as the needle struck me I started to feel dizzy and probably would have fainted if I didn’t already lie down. That however I guess is just mental, as it hasn’t happened since.

AmberLynnBabyy
Participant
@amberlynnbabyy

pain is all part of the tattoo. 🙂

MrTatooMan
@

I have a very high tolerance to pain so tattoos do not hurt me that much…. but maybe you should just try relaxing and mentally shifting to another palce

Papscrunt
Participant
@papscrunt

I had my first one recently (7hr sitting) and with dealing with Arthritis for over 26 I didn’t really feel a thing at all. I think a lot of what people must be feeling is more a fear of the unknown. Building up in your head that its gonna hurt so much and clouding your mind with nothing be negative thoughts. My artist said I was her chattiest customer as I felt so at ease with it all. My wife will be getting her first one next week and I shall go through with and and just talk to her to take her mind away from it. I really think a lot of people would benefit with having a friend or family member with them to talk to and pass the time, just take the mind away and relax them. Balls with macho bravado that you don’t want someone with you, it could really help to put you at ease.

Viewing 15 posts - 76 through 90 (of 245 total)

You must be logged in to create new topics.