TopTattooPics
Participant
@toptattoopics

I listen to my ipod it helps a lot for me. Just my 2 cents. Your own bodies endorphins kick in and help as well. It’s all part of getting a tattoo why numb it.

seven8nein
Participant
@seven8nein

you can get that numbing cream..or a pain threshold!

Raf702
Participant
@raf702

Like others have suggested listening to your ipod. That’s what I did, but didn’t help that much. Pain was still substantial but manageable. That numbing cream I hear about, I doubt it will make that much of a difference. I had a 3/4 sleeve outline done, and I know for a fact it would probably only last a few mins or less, lol.

Wardy
Participant
@wardy

I wouldn’t know what to recommend to be honest apart from numbing cream, i personally think tattoo’s don’t hurt and i love the process of getting all inked up. Actually find it rather relaxing after the first 30 seconds.

anonymous
Participant
@anonymous

My sugar drops like a rock when I get inked and will continue to drop if I don’t keep myself loaded up on sugar. The first time I got inked, I was sweating bullets and got lightheaded. I popped a couple Jolly Ranchers and I felt better in a couple minutes. ‘m very prone to stress-induced hypoglycemia so I really should have known better. The 2nd time I got inked, I just brought an entire bag of Jollly Ranchers. I ate 3/4 of the bag over the course of 7 hours, but I avoided the sweats and lightheadedness.

stewroids
Participant
@stewroids

I just eat a big breakfast high in carbohydrates, and chew gum during the tattoo. Starting conversation with the artist also helps, but could also distract him/her!

Odonata
Participant
@odonata
tattoofan91;62406 wrote:
I don’t really feel what people call ‘pain’ but I got rather dizzy headed and sweat was literally swamping down my face.. any ideas what this is and how to avoid it?

shock !
your body can go into shock . i remember being quite fine for the couple hrs i was seated (mid back tattoo up spine ) it hurt in parts but nothing intolerable had no immediate reaction but when it was finished and i stood up got dressed i started feeling really sick and was very pale and light headed, luckily domino’s pizza was like two doors down and my hubby had already ordered- was fine once i ate so maybe its just a matter of preparing your body with what it needs to cope with the trauma

anonymous
Participant
@anonymous
Odonata;90741 wrote:
shock !
your body can go into shock . i remember being quite fine for the couple hrs i was seated (mid back tattoo up spine ) it hurt in parts but nothing intolerable had no immediate reaction but when it was finished and i stood up got dressed i started feeling really sick and was very pale and light headed, luckily domino’s pizza was like two doors down and my hubby had already ordered- was fine once i ate so maybe its just a matter of preparing your body with what it needs to cope with the trauma

It’s not shock; shock occurs when the body isn’t getting sufficient blood flow. Primarily, it is the result of low blood sugar. Suck on some candy while you’re getting inked and you shouldn’t have any problems. 🙂 You could also drink some OJ or anything else that will bring your blood sugar up quickly.

FoxTattooDesigns
Participant
@foxtattoodesigns

Some of my customers find watching a movie or listening to music with headphones on to be relaxing. I always recommend my customers eat something before the tattoo (don’t stuff yourself, last thing you need is to use the can during the tattoo, lol), drink plenty of fluids to keep you hydrated (Gatorade, or Powerade, but avoid energy drinks, they’ll burn you out). I also suggest they avoid drinking alcohol the night before, and don’t smoke weed (it can cause you to focus on the pain for one thing).

The numbing patches and creams don’t work from my experience.

Just stay calm and relaxed, bring a friend to talk to if you’re not a hand talker.

Good luck on your future ink sessions!

Amok
Participant
@amok

The outline is the worst part for me, coloring is not bad at all. Have a good meal before your session and bring some orange juice along and it won’t be so bad.

Prinny
Participant
@prinny

I can’t believe the number of people who think getting a tattoo is another cookie cutter experience, and they do not need to actually have to go through some effort to get one or experience something real – the pain and discomfort is part of the process, suck it up or give up.

hutongsa
Participant
@hutongsa

we have to admit,tattoo is really very hurt!but never use a numbing cream by any means as it can be know to makethe color lighter not a bright ! So listen to the music is really good way to distract from paining!;)

anonymous
Participant
@anonymous

I’m going to deviate from the norm and tell you to do whatever the hell you want. Some people deal with it. Some people are masochistic and actually get pleasure from the pain. Some people actually cry and run screaming from the tattoo shop like little girls. Others get wasted and end up bleedingly profusely as they get tattooed by their cousin in his parent’s basement. All of this “rite of passage” crap is a load of bull. It’s your body, your money, and your experience. Be your own person. Anyone who is overly concerned about what others think is likely going to seriously regret getting a tattoo anyway.

mrchen
Participant
@mrchen

I feel that dealing with the pain is part of the prcoesss I should gladly deal with. It is my job to be ready to be tattoed, I should have slept well, I should be well hydrated, I should arrange for or bring some food or know arranegments in advance if I am staying all day, I should sit my ass s till, and I should deal quietly with the pain………you must be able to put your mind in a good place, the pain level will drop 75% and you can deal. I have sat more than 10 hours at a time,many times, chest, legs, sternum, ribs, back, sleeves, hamstrings, whatever, its no big deal,

CandD
Participant
@candd

The first time I went in for a tattoo I knew it was going to hurt. But I also knew I was just gonna have to deal with the pain because I WANTED that tattoo. Just accept the pain or don’t get inked.

Viewing 15 posts - 136 through 150 (of 245 total)

You must be logged in to create new topics.