TypH
Participant
@typh

Here’s a quick sketch card I did last night just for fun, it’s a one of a kind based off of my lovely other half, it was late and I was half asleep so I somewhat slacked off on it, I might go back and add more to it later on,just have to wait and see I guess haha.
Picture565.jpg
New Sketch Card! The Creature From The Black Lagoon! I have always been a huge fan of this movie, just never got around to doing artwork based off it, i’m happy that I finally could do a piece of artwork based off of this Classic, might do some more of the Creature in the future! hope you guys and gals like the new sketch card!
Picture566.jpg

TypH
Participant
@typh

NEW SKETCH CARD: Here’s my Billy Van from The Hilarious House Of Frightenstein tv series. Always enjoyed the show it’s a fun watch, I tried a new marker for the background,the finished colour dried alot darker then I was hoping but oh well. Hope you guys like it!
Picture567.jpg

TypH
Participant
@typh

NEW SKETCH CARD: Sam Winchester from one of my favourite tv series SUPERNATURAL! actually worked on this while watching the first episode of the new season haha, I plan on doing one for Dean and maybe Booby too and maybe some other characters later on.

Hope you guys dig it!
Picture570.jpg

TypH
Participant
@typh

NEW SKETCH CARD! and the first in my montly series of horror pieces for OCTOBER! i’m a bit behind was gone on the weekend, working up two more to get back on track!

Some things have come up but i’m still going to try to do a card at least once a day for the entire month!

this one for those of you who don’t know(and shame on you guys) is based off of Jason Voorhees a very iconic image I think…Hope you guys like it!
Picture572.jpg

TypH
Participant
@typh

NEW SKETCH CARD:

This is only my 3rd time ever drawing Freddy, my first one was more of the new version of Freddy and my 2nd one was just a small picture of him in my horror banner so. This one is based off of the classic version of Freddy, so I’m hoping I did him justice.

Hope you guys dig it!
Picture573.jpg

DavidJednat
Participant
@davidjednat

I seem to remember seeing somewhere that you wanted to gain a tattoo apprenticeship. You should try working outside of your comfort zone. Draw some birds, hearts, horseshoes, script, etc… Most prospective mentors are looking for a well rounded artist. I’ve been tattooing for a couple months so far and I’ve only tattooed a handful of things that were in my realm of art. Think of it like being a commercial artist. You are hired to create art from someone else’s vision most of the time. I know you can draw faces. Can you draw a clipper ship? Somebody is probably going to ask you for one. How about an owl? Also try some pieces with color so we can see your color theory and blending.

I’m not in any way trying to put you on the spot. Just trying to help you get that portfolio together so you can hit the streets and impress the heck out of some potential mentor.

TypH
Participant
@typh
DavidJednat;98385 wrote:
I seem to remember seeing somewhere that you wanted to gain a tattoo apprenticeship. You should try working outside of your comfort zone. Draw some birds, hearts, horseshoes, script, etc… Most prospective mentors are looking for a well rounded artist. I’ve been tattooing for a couple months so far and I’ve only tattooed a handful of things that were in my realm of art. Think of it like being a commercial artist. You are hired to create art from someone else’s vision most of the time. I know you can draw faces. Can you draw a clipper ship? Somebody is probably going to ask you for one. How about an owl? Also try some pieces with color so we can see your color theory and blending.

I’m not in any way trying to put you on the spot. Just trying to help you get that portfolio together so you can hit the streets and impress the heck out of some potential mentor.

I actually already have an apprenticeship, i’m just in the process of finding a apartment in town which is becoming more of a pain then I figured it would be. As for the Sketch Cards, i’m doing them on the side as apart of my sketch card compition to celebrate the month of October/Halloween. I have drawn birds up, I have sheets full of birds I just don’t get around to posting them as much but I get what your saying there’s alot of sketches that never see the light of the scanner so to speak haha. I would post more colour pieces it’s just I only tend to have the cheap pencil crayons and cheap water colour markers(which suck for blending) but i’m trying paints now so, and no worries it’s all good I didn’t feel on the spot at all, I actually like when someone take’s the time and effort to type out a good comment on my stuff so, it’s all good!

DavidJednat
Participant
@davidjednat

Congratulations then! All I have to say then is take it seriously. Put learning to tattoo before everything else. Be at the shop as much as you possibly can. It’s an opportunity that few people ever get. Take it and run with it. Good luck.

TypH
Participant
@typh

two NEW SKETCH CARDS!:

the first new sketch card is based off of Wes Craven’s SCREAM series. I enjoyed the first movie alot, I haven’t seen the new one yet but I found after the first one they went down hill to me. Ghostface is a decent character but nothing strikes me as him being a horror icon, but I still wanted to draw him anyways haha.
Picture574.jpg
The next card is based off of Sid Haig from Rob Zombie’s House Of 1000 Corpses. I actually enjoyed this movie alot, and to be honest with you I enjoy alot of Zombie’s movies, yes even his two Halloween remakes, i’m not going to say they are better then the original, but to me they arn’t as bad as people make them out to be.
Picture575.jpg

TypH
Participant
@typh
DavidJednat;98437 wrote:
Congratulations then! All I have to say then is take it seriously. Put learning to tattoo before everything else. Be at the shop as much as you possibly can. It’s an opportunity that few people ever get. Take it and run with it. Good luck.

Thank you very much man, and no worries I will take it very seriously, i’ve wanted to get into tattoos since I was 14 and finally making the good push towards it. The only time i’m not going to be around the shop is if I have to step out to see an apartment or if the shop is closed so. Thank you very much, and good luck with you to man!

INK
Participant
@ink

wow i love the snake one thats ace and the detail is spot on!

TypH
Participant
@typh
INK’;98619 wrote:
wow i love the snake one thats ace and the detail is spot on!

thanks INK, glad your loving the japanese snake piece alot. thanks for the comment!

a little update, i haven’t been able to post anything new lately been busy working at the shop and i moved 3 weeks ago too so, but i will start posting new stuff soon hopefully!

TypH
Participant
@typh

holy shit it’s been awhile since i’ve posted some new artwork. I’ve been very busy with the new place, and the new job at the tattoo shop and promoted to shop manager too so it’s alot but i’m freaking loving every minute of it.

anyways back to the matter at hand, here is my first new piece of since moving here it’s based off of Heath Ledger as the Joker from the Dark Knight. This is the first in a series of framed portraits that will be on showcase/for sale at the tattoo studio! hope you like it folks!

I will try and get a good picture of the piece in the frame to show you all what the final product looks like, hope you all like it!
Picture581.jpg

Wardy
Participant
@wardy

Very impressive dude, you really do have some talent in that hand of yours. Want to swap hand’s?

TypH
Participant
@typh
Wardy;100346 wrote:
Very impressive dude, you really do have some talent in that hand of yours. Want to swap hand’s?

haha thanks man, but naw i’m goo with keeping the hand I fot haha

Viewing 15 posts - 61 through 75 (of 150 total)

You must be logged in to create new topics.