#37274
TypH
Participant
@typh

Good afternoon my fellow tattoo and art lovers!…I’ve been meaning to post my art up for awhile(I don’t remember posting art here before,so if I have i’m sorry…and I will try and also be more active,just hard working pretty much 3 jobs and having dial up internet, just trying to keep up with posting artwork takes up most of my free time so.

but anyways back on topic, for those of you who don’t know me, my name is Brian, you can call my TypH, thats what i’m know in the art and comic book world. I little run down on my background I have been a published indie horror comic book artist since 2007, i’ve been working with McHozer Comics where I help create Deadmen & Poodleskirts Issue#1,and #2(which hasn’t been printed) I also worked on a small Hellboy meets Hulk esque Ash-Can for Speakeasy Primates,which never got turned into a full issue due to writer issues. I also have a cartoon pin-up in Stephen Lindsays Jesus Hates Zombies:Featuring Lincoln Hates Werewolves Vol3, I will have a small piece of art in Blokes Tomb Of Horror Issue 666, and last but not least I have a 2 page spread in award winning UK Horror Magazine MURKY DEPTHS in issue #15 which can be bought on there website(i’ll sooner or later post the piece here)

now onto the present, I have alot of things planned, the most resent would be my tattoo apprenticeship, I’m wanting to become a tattoo artist, I have a campaign going on over at indiegogo to help raise money for that plus some other things, I will post the link here later if anyone wants it if it’s okay or you can go on indiegogo and search Fuel The Dream, other things that I have planned the main things are my Horror Movie Tribute sketch book, and a sketchbook full of my original Tattoo Flash artwork. I am also slowing working on a horror zombie novel. Those are the 3 other main projects, I also have two other projects that have been sidelined for a bit, one is called Creekside Freaks, it’s going to be a webcomic series based around my life as a horror artist and tattoo artist, and the last project is called Midnight Spookshow! this is my take on a new version of Tales From The Crypt, featuring very dark and gruesome tales!

Now enough of that, and now onto the real reason I created this post, to showoff some of my artwork, so here we go! all feedback and comments are welcomed:)

First off,heres a tribute piece I did based off the classic Texas Chainsaw Massacre movies, I am a huge Leatherface fan, so hope you guys and gals like it!
Picture387-1.jpg

This next piece is done on a engraved painters canvas so it was a bit akward to draw on, but this is another horror movie tribute piece, based off of one of the better newer vampire movies in my opinion DayBreakers!
Picture377.jpg
pencils for another tribute based off of the ever beautiful Bride Of Frankenstein!
Picture374-1.jpg
pencils for one of my childhood favourites, I loved watching the re-runs of this show as a kid, here are the pencils for my piece based off of Al Lewis as Grandpa Munster!
Picture370.jpg
here are the pencils and inks, I did for a small over seas indie movie called A Halloween Nightmare Near Elm Street, a comic book version has been started under the name of a Halloween Nightmare.
Picture367.jpg
Picture368.jpg
heres a work in progress based off of SCREAM!
Picture376.jpg

Now heres a penciled piece off Tattoo flash artwork that I created, my first ever piece of Japaense Snake artwork!
Picture381.jpg
Heres another piece of tattoo artwork, the trippy black bird piece was a sketch for a friend while the love bird and owl pieces were done on inpulse drawing.
Picture382.jpg
heres a cancer ribbon piece drawn up for a friend,dedicated to his grandma
Picture397.jpg
Here’s the pencils for a butterfly piece,drawn up for another friend, done up for her cousin who has passed away.
Picture391-1.jpg
Here are the pencils for a piece I did up,that is dedicated to my grandmother who has passed away. not the best scan but you get the idea for the piece…R.I.P Grandma.
Picture389.jpg
Here are some pencils for a piece of Sugar Skull artwork that I created up.
Picture396-1.jpg

I will post more artwork later on:) Hope everyone enjoys it!

#109378
Wardy
Participant
@wardy

some good artwork you got there mate

#109382
BigZach
Participant
@bigzach

Cool work, keep doing more Japanese! That snake is killer

#109392
Panter
Participant
@panter

Some of it is extremely good and some of it is pretty poor IMO
You certainly have a talent there though, keep up the good work ๐Ÿ˜Ž

#109398
mrchen
Participant
@mrchen

some of your proportion is off, all in all your heading in the right direction, keep up the good work

#109401
TypH
Participant
@typh

Thanks everyone for all the comments! glad too see you like the stuff so far, I will post more stuff soon! and no worries BigZach I do plan on doing more Jappense Style works thats a promise!…which pieces do you think are poor Panter? just curious so I know what to work on and to improve:)… and thanks Mrchen, I know my proportions are off, i’m still working on getting them better,everything I do is free hand and out of my head so haha, glad too see you think im going in the right direction…thanks again everyone!

#109408
TypH
Participant
@typh

Quick portrait piece off the zombie master himself, George A Romero!
Picture371.jpg
Heres another quick sketch, based off of the first Hellraiser movie!
Picture357.jpg
A sample page I did for Sonic/Archie Comics
Picture358.jpg
A quick Captain America Sketch!
Picture352-1.jpg
Sample comic book page for The Simpsons/BONGO comics.
Picture350-1.jpg
Lon Chaney from London After Midnight!
Picture334.jpg
Picture341.jpg
Bela Lugosi as the best Dracula ever in my opinion of course!
Picture332.jpg
Picture335-1.jpg

#109418
anonymous
Participant
@anonymous
TypH;93459 wrote:
which pieces do you think are poor Panter? just curious so I know what to work on and to improve:)

Well I’m not him obviously, but imho, the faces are the area that really needs a lot of work. e.g. the woman in the Scream sketch, Day of the Dead, Hellraiser. The Simpsons and the owl are good.

#109423
ArniVidar
Moderator
@arnividar

The only one I REALLY like is the Lovebird. It has nice, clean, crisp lines and good proportions. The owl is pretty good too, but something about the beak area bothers me. All the rest of them are all bent out of shape.. like witnessed through a curved glass or a dream, and I don’t like that. I realize that is intentional, by the way, and you’re definitely on the right path ๐Ÿ™‚

#109467
Panter
Participant
@panter
D3FiANC3;93478 wrote:
Well I’m not him obviously, but imho, the faces are the area that really needs a lot of work. e.g. the woman in the Scream sketch, Day of the Dead, Hellraiser. The Simpsons and the owl are good.

What he said ๐Ÿ˜‰ I don’t like the portraits. Mind you, I’ve been looking at some super realistic ones recently so it may just be the style of yours i don’t like.

As I say though, you certainly have a great deal of talent

#109495
TypH
Participant
@typh
ArniVidar;93483 wrote:
The only one I REALLY like is the Lovebird. It has nice, clean, crisp lines and good proportions. The owl is pretty good too, but something about the beak area bothers me. All the rest of them are all bent out of shape.. like witnessed through a curved glass or a dream, and I don’t like that. I realize that is intentional, by the way, and you’re definitely on the right path ๐Ÿ™‚

Thanks Arni, glad to see you like the loverbird piece alot,and thanks for the feedback on everything else, I’ll work more on the beak area for my next owl tattoo:) thanks again man!

Panter;93535 wrote:
What he said ๐Ÿ˜‰ I don’t like the portraits. Mind you, I’ve been looking at some super realistic ones recently so it may just be the style of yours i don’t like.

As I say though, you certainly have a great deal of talent

thanks guys for the feedback,i’m planning on doing some more realistic portraits soon,it’s just the style the horror portraits are done is,is for my comic,hopefully with the new pieces I have planned you will like those more!

#109650
downriver
Participant
@downriver

I like some of the simpler flash and cartoon stuff but not so much the portraits, they need quite a bit of work. IMO they look rushed, spend more time gettin the proportions right.

Thanks for sharing

R~

#109966
TypH
Participant
@typh
downriver;93734 wrote:
I like some of the simpler flash and cartoon stuff but not so much the portraits, they need quite a bit of work. IMO they look rushed, spend more time gettin the proportions right.

Thanks for sharing

R~

thank you, glad too see you like the simple stuff and my cartoon stuff, and thanks for the pointers.

#109967
TypH
Participant
@typh

got some pretty big news, via facebook a few nights ago,thought I would share it on here, this year at Festival Of Fear in Toronto which takes place with Fan Expo,they are both a big horror and comic con one of the best in the entire world, well this year my horror artwork is going to be showcased along with the Ottawa Horror group! i’m pretty stoked seeing Robert Englund(A Nightmare On Elm Street…Freddy!!!) is going to be there along with Elvira and Lance Henriksen just to name a few!

#109968
Wardy
Participant
@wardy
TypH;94160 wrote:
got some pretty big news, via facebook a few nights ago,thought I would share it on here, this year at Festival Of Fear in Toronto which takes place with Fan Expo,they are both a big horror and comic con one of the best in the entire world, well this year my horror artwork is going to be showcased along with the Ottawa Horror group! i’m pretty stoked seeing Robert Englund(A Nightmare On Elm Street…Freddy!!!) is going to be there along with Elvira and Lance Henriksen just to name a few!

Congrats dude sounds awesome! ๐Ÿ˜Ž

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 150 total)

You must be logged in to create new topics.