Wardy
Participant
@wardy

What people say shouldn’t effect you if you want something enough. get the tattoo 🙂

ArniVidar
@arnividar
x561x;104842 wrote:
Being hard on someone and posting stupid ass comments that make you sound stupid are two different things. But I’ll most likely be taking the advice and waiting.

Being an Internet hard-ass and insufferably rude is also indicative of your lack of maturity, and some might consider it proof that you are not ready to be given a puppy, let alone getting tattooed.

Mind your manners in here, or I’ll have to toss you out.

hamsternuts
Participant
@hamsternuts

The fact is, you don’t know yourself what direction your chest will chest grow in, hence you asking, so how are we supposed to know?

I won’t suggest you wait, as you clearly won’t, in fact you’ve come on with such a bolshy attitude, i wouldn’t dare anyway cos i’m actually a bit scared of you now.

Go get a shite tattoo which you’ll regret (my first was at 20, and i still regret it anyway) no one cares, Boy.

x561x
@
ArniVidar;104887 wrote:
Being an Internet hard-ass and insufferably rude is also indicative of your lack of maturity, and some might consider it proof that you are not ready to be given a puppy, let alone getting tattooed.

Mind your manners in here, or I’ll have to toss you out.

If your going to reply to what I wrote and skip over the quote below go ahead and throw me out. I don’t want to be here.

Adler;104749 wrote:
Yes it very well might become distorted and stretched as you grow and it will turn what will almost definitely start as a shitty tattoo into something even worse. Make sure the “artist” at least cleans his kitchen before doing the tattoo though.
I’m also not sure what the legal age for laser removal is, but you might want to check into that as well. Something tells me you’ll be needing that service in the future.
x561x
@
hamsternuts;104890 wrote:
The fact is, you don’t know yourself what direction your chest will chest grow in, hence you asking, so how are we supposed to know?

I won’t suggest you wait, as you clearly won’t, in fact you’ve come on with such a bolshy attitude, i wouldn’t dare anyway cos i’m actually a bit scared of you now.

Go get a shite tattoo which you’ll regret (my first was at 20, and i still regret it anyway) no one cares, Boy.

The quote below is literally the last comment I made before you wrote this post. Now I remember why I stopped coming to forums for answers to questions or advice.

x561x;104842 wrote:
Being hard on someone and posting stupid ass comments that make you sound stupid are two different things. But I’ll most likely be taking the advice and waiting.
Amok
Participant
@amok
x561x;104915 wrote:
The quote below is literally the last comment I made before you wrote this post. Now I remember why I stopped coming to forums for answers to questions or advice.

crying_baby.jpg

anonymous
Participant
@anonymous

^ What Arni said.

Panter
Participant
@panter
x561x;104842 wrote:

Good man, look forward to the pics in a few Years time.
It’ll give you plenty o time to find an artist you’re really happy with and give you time to be sure it’s what you really want (took me 18 Years to come up with a design for my first 😉 )

hamsternuts
Participant
@hamsternuts

this is why i can’t stand most children

Sherav
Participant
@sherav

Hi.

A direct answer to your question is yes your tattoo has a high chance of distortion if you get tattooed before you finish growing.

Example;

My step father had a simple heart outline done on his chest when he was 12 years old. It was his first piece of ink and although DIY had the same process as a modern tattoo.

He told me that by the age of 24 it had stretched out of shape as he had started the gym from 18 and by this time it was really spreading across the pectoral muscle.

He got ill in his late 40’s and lost a stack of weight which caused his muscle to waste and the tattoo which had previously stretched went wrinkled and blurred.

Muscle mass gain and loss can rapidly effect a tattoo as the scar tissue pockets that hold the pigment in place in the skin are stretched or torn to accomodate any gain. It is one of the main causes of blurring.

Whilst the gain in most adults is minimal (as already finished growing) from teenager to adult can see some massive growth spurts.

The risks vary according to lifestyle.

Take Care
Matthew

ArniVidar
@arnividar

And on that excellent point, we’ll close this thread.

Viewing 11 posts - 16 through 26 (of 26 total)
  • The topic ‘Will my tattoo stretch as I grow?’ is closed to new replies.