x561x
@

I’m 16, about 5’7 and have been thinking about getting a tattoo on my chest for a while. I will definitely be growing after I get the tattoo and I’m wondering if it will stretch or deform in anyway.

Please don’t post about me being to young or recommend I don’t do it. It is my family and I’s decision. I am solely looking for an answer to my question.

bluey
Participant
@bluey

Welcome,
Watch listen and learn, but don’t do.
I don’t know which country you live in, but your biggest problem will be getting one at your age as in ‘Western’ countries under 18 is prohibited, so only back yard scratchers will be your only option. Wait less than 24 months and you will have
1. Have more time to decide exactly what you want
2. Your body will grow giving you more space to work with
3. More time to decide exactly what you want.
4. Be able to get a really awesome tattoo or two or more

x561x
@

Can you read -.-

“Please don’t post about me being to young or recommend I don’t do it. It is my family and I’s decision. I am solely looking for an answer to my question.”

Panter
Participant
@panter

Yes, it will stretch and deform, wait until you’re old enough

bluey
Participant
@bluey
x561x;104742 wrote:
Can you read -.-

“Please don’t post about me being to young or recommend I don’t do it. It is my family and I’s decision. I am solely looking for an answer to my question.”

You will find this AMAZING I can read as well as write and what is even more amazing unlike you I have have I have intelligence – go ahead and get an infected poorly done that will be a distorted tattoo, but you can’t say one thing You weren’t WARNED.

ArniVidar
@arnividar
x561x;104739 wrote:
Please don’t post about me being to young or recommend I don’t do it.

Well yes…. obviously your tattoo will stretch when you grow. The big question is how much you’ll be growing, and in what directions. The chest area can go one of three ways. It can stay scrawny, it can grow into a muscular roid-stuffed balloon, and it can turn into saggy, hairy man-boobs. Either of the second two will probably distort your tattoo more than you really want it to.

Now as for you not wanting comments on your age, you specifically state that you are only 16 and expect to grow further. Obviously one has to take your age into consideration. Furthermore, as bluey stated in most western countries it is quite illegal to tattoo a 16 year old. That means that the only people willing to do tattoos on a 16 year old in those countries, are the kind of people you DON’T want doing tattoos on you.

So, if you are legally allowed to get tattooed on your own in your country, then all the power in the world to you, enjoy the process and report back once you’ve had it done!

If you are, however, not legally allowed to get tattooed on your own in your country, then don’t do it! I don’t give a flying fuck what you do to yourself or your body, buy you’ll get a shit tattoo and you will regret it. And it always saddens me when people regret getting inked. 🙁

Either way, report back once it’s done and show us pics 🙂

Adler
Participant
@adler

Yes it very well might become distorted and stretched as you grow and it will turn what will almost definitely start as a shitty tattoo into something even worse. Make sure the “artist” at least cleans his kitchen before doing the tattoo though.
I’m also not sure what the legal age for laser removal is, but you might want to check into that as well. Something tells me you’ll be needing that service in the future.

buttwheat
Participant
@buttwheat

Yes your tattoo will stretch, yes you will hate this tattoo a lot of things change after puberty.

mrchen
Participant
@mrchen

MOST young men do not become the man they are going to be until their mid 20’s. Alot will change in your thinking and your body. There is no rush to wear ink. I would wait until my body stops growning (again this is early to mid twenties) and then ink it up

Cornishtiger
Participant
@cornishtiger

It will be fine dont listen to this lot they are just jealous cos you are young and way too cool!
Oh one more thing click on the link in my sig and pop my site into your favorites.
I look forward to meeting you in the future when we can laugh about the old farts who tried to talk you out of the fucked up mess you now want me to try and bail you out of.
Love and peace.

Adler
Participant
@adler
Cornishtiger;104764 wrote:
It will be fine dont listen to this lot they are just jealous cos you are young and way too cool!
Oh one more thing click on the link in my sig and pop my site into your favorites.
I look forward to meeting you in the future when we can laugh about the old farts who tried to talk you out of the fucked up mess you now want me to try and bail you out of.
Love and peace.

That’s epic!
Yup, you caught me being jealous, so now I say go for it.

Panter
Participant
@panter
Cornishtiger;104764 wrote:
Love and peace.

Guilty as charged 😀

x561x
@
bluey;104744 wrote:
You will find this AMAZING I can read as well as write and what is even more amazing unlike you I have have I have intelligence – go ahead and get an infected poorly done that will be a distorted tattoo, but you can’t say one thing You weren’t WARNED.

Don’t reply anymore please. Your nothing more than an un-intelligent idiot with shitty advice.

ArniVidar;104748 wrote:
Well yes…. obviously your tattoo will stretch when you grow. The big question is how much you’ll be growing, and in what directions. The chest area can go one of three ways. It can stay scrawny, it can grow into a muscular roid-stuffed balloon, and it can turn into saggy, hairy man-boobs. Either of the second two will probably distort your tattoo more than you really want it to.

Now as for you not wanting comments on your age, you specifically state that you are only 16 and expect to grow further. Obviously one has to take your age into consideration. Furthermore, as bluey stated in most western countries it is quite illegal to tattoo a 16 year old. That means that the only people willing to do tattoos on a 16 year old in those countries, are the kind of people you DON’T want doing tattoos on you.

So, if you are legally allowed to get tattooed on your own in your country, then all the power in the world to you, enjoy the process and report back once you’ve had it done!

If you are, however, not legally allowed to get tattooed on your own in your country, then don’t do it! I don’t give a flying fuck what you do to yourself or your body, buy you’ll get a shit tattoo and you will regret it. And it always saddens me when people regret getting inked. 🙁

Either way, report back once it’s done and show us pics 🙂

I said don’t mention comments recommending I don’t get the tattoo because of my age. Also I don’t know how active members on a tattoo forum are so uneducated but it is perfectly legal for me to get a tattoo with parental consent at age 16. Thank you for the useful information though.

Adler;104749 wrote:
Yes it very well might become distorted and stretched as you grow and it will turn what will almost definitely start as a shitty tattoo into something even worse. Make sure the “artist” at least cleans his kitchen before doing the tattoo though.
I’m also not sure what the legal age for laser removal is, but you might want to check into that as well. Something tells me you’ll be needing that service in the future.

I’ll be getting the tattoo at a very well known, successful, and legitimate tattoo shop. Maybe you get your tattoos done in a kitchen, but I won’t be doing that.

mrchen;104759 wrote:
MOST young men do not become the man they are going to be until their mid 20’s. Alot will change in your thinking and your body. There is no rush to wear ink. I would wait until my body stops growning (again this is early to mid twenties) and then ink it up

I’ve been thinking about this for about 6 months. I’m in no rush but if you knew my story you’d understand why I want the tattoo done now. Thank-you for the good advice though.

Adler
Participant
@adler

Listen, I know we’re being tough on you but believe it or not we just really don’t want you or anyone else to end up with a shitty tattoo, and that’s what happens when kids decide to get tattoos at such a young age. If you look through our albums you’ll see most of us have nice tattoos and we know what we’re talking about. Thinking about this for 6 months is nothing, especially at your age. At least you’ve given it some thought, though, and it has meaning (which not all tattoos must have by the way) but the best advice is to wait. If it means that much to you now it will mean just as much in a couple of years when you’re more physically and mentally mature. I also noticed you got similar replies in the other forum you posted the same question, it’s not a cooincidence. Although the replies may be harsh, they’re honest and come from experienced tattoo enthusiasts. Good luck.

x561x
@
Adler;104835 wrote:
Listen, I know we’re being tough on you but believe it or not we just really don’t want you or anyone else to end up with a shitty tattoo, and that’s what happens when kids decide to get tattoos at such a young age. If you look through our albums you’ll see most of us have nice tattoos and we know what we’re talking about. Thinking about this for 6 months is nothing, especially at your age. At least you’ve given it some thought, though, and it has meaning (which not all tattoos must have by the way) but the best advice is to wait. If it means that much to you now it will mean just as much in a couple of years when you’re more physically and mentally mature. I also noticed you got similar replies in the other forum you posted the same question, it’s not a cooincidence. Although the replies may be harsh, they’re honest and come from experienced tattoo enthusiasts. Good luck.

Being hard on someone and posting stupid ass comments that make you sound stupid are two different things. But I’ll most likely be taking the advice and waiting.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 26 total)
  • The topic ‘Will my tattoo stretch as I grow?’ is closed to new replies.