lemmon
Participant
@lemmon

Hi guys, this will be my first tattoo, have been thinking about it for a while and am sure I want to get it done. I want something small, just on my peck and Ive always loved the ‘forget-me-not’ flower, was thinking of combining it with a latin phrase Ive always liked, short and simple. My only thought is that it is quite a feminine flower in appearance, I was just wondering if there were any opinions, thoughts, ideas to put a first timers mind at ease.

forget-me-not-08.jpg

KillianMick
Participant
@killianmick

While flowers do tend to have feminine aspects, I have to be honest and ask, who the hell cares?

This is YOUR ink, on YOUR body, and quite clearly, they mean something to YOU. That is the bottom line, and anyone who gives you crap about it can fuck off.

My daughter has a begonia on her arm that is very symbolic of something between her and me. People have asked her why she allowed her artist to draw such a “bad rose” on her. She just rolls her eyes and goes right on by.

Zorba
Participant
@zorba

Feminine, schmeminine. If you like it, do it.

-David-
Participant
@david-2

I have pretty flowers all over me, mixed in with all sorts of other stuff. They make a nice color pattern when you start surrounding them with B&G work, too

msmercury
Participant
@msmercury

Hey Lemmon, welcome to the forum. Your tattoo will be awesome and you’ll love it because it is what you wanted! 😉

lemmon
Participant
@lemmon

I appreciate all the support, Im definitley getting them done, they mean a bit to me, any ideas how to ‘man’ them up a bit I guess? I have neither the know how or ability to design anything but any ideas would be great

Edit- Ive found something I quite like, something similiar to this with a blue shading
238.jpg

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

You must be logged in to create new topics.