msmercury
Participant
@msmercury
Aussie_Al;88940 wrote:
Yup this is a great forum – one of the best Tattoo ones and a great bunch of people

I really could not tell you why people choose to get their first Tattoo at the age of 60 – but you know what? Good for them – some people might be the cautious types and wait until they have finished paying off a house, kids have gone to college until they get their first – just in case they like it too much and want to get more 😉

Better that than these kids who get hand and face tattoos at the age of 19 and find themselves unemployable a year later.. heh heh

Yup – I am an Aussie but I also lived 11 years in England and 11 years in the USA – feel free to ask me any questions you want – maybe by PM so we don’t bore the rest of the forum :p

Wow, you’ve lived in the US and England. Pretty interesting. Ok, great. I’ll PM you sometime when I have a moment! Thanks for making the offer and suggesting PM. I always seem to forget that option.

anonymous
Participant
@anonymous

I just wanted to thank you for calling 30s young. 33 here. 🙂

msmercury
Participant
@msmercury
D3FiANC3;88948 wrote:
I just wanted to thank you for calling 30s young. 33 here. 🙂

You are young! And you are welcome!! Enjoy your 30s, it is a great age. Still young and hip and not too old to flaunt it! When you get a little bit older, people start to criticize and look at you funny for being youthful. But I say, just have fun and be who you are. Get the most out of your life and do the things that gives life to you! 😉

Aussie_Al
Participant
@aussie_al
msmercury;88945 wrote:
Wow, you’ve lived in the US and England. Pretty interesting. Ok, great. I’ll PM you sometime when I have a moment! Thanks for making the offer and suggesting PM. I always seem to forget that option.

No worries – anytime !:D

imperial1904
Participant
@imperial1904
msmercury;88956 wrote:
You are young! And you are welcome!! Enjoy your 30s, it is a great age. Still young and hip and not too old to flaunt it! When you get a little bit older, people start to criticize and look at you funny for being youthful. But I say, just have fun and be who you are. Get the most out of your life and do the things that gives life to you! 😉

50 is still young too.

Zorba
Participant
@zorba

50 here. Got my first tattoo for my 50th birthday. I figure that I’m old enough to know what I want. I’m planning at least one more – a lotus flower on the nape of my neck.

I figure that older folks have the advantage with tattoos – our tatts will still look decent when we cack off!

msmercury
Participant
@msmercury
Zorba;88964 wrote:
50 here. Got my first tattoo for my 50th birthday. I figure that I’m old enough to know what I want. I’m planning at least one more – a lotus flower on the nape of my neck.

I figure that older folks have the advantage with tattoos – our tatts will still look decent when we cack off!

I didn’t get mine until I was 50, but I wanted it before that. I wore my stick-on fake tattoos and looked ridiculous, but that was the only way my husband would let me have a Freddie tattoo. But, I agree, I figure at my age I surely know what I want and what’s the difference now anyway. All I know is I want to try and have some of the things I want and have a little fun while I’m still youthful enough and healthy enough to enjoy it!! I’ve got many more planned, but I don’t know how many more my hubby will agree to. I want a memorial to our son who was an infant when he died. I was thinking a beautiful pair of spread out angel wings, my son’s name across the center and then above the wings “Spread Our Your Wings” and below the wings “You Are An Angel”. I haven’t sketched anything yet, but that is probably the next one I get. I hope you get your lotus flower! It should be very pretty. I want Queen (the rock band) spelled out on the nape of my neck and I want it to look like the lettering they used on their Queen II album with the little crown inside the Q. Not sure where to put my son’s memorial yet. Perhaps my front shoulder????

msmercury
Participant
@msmercury
imperial1904;88963 wrote:
50 is still young too.

Thank you! I sure still feel like I’m 18 and most people complain I still act it! 😀

Aussie_Al
Participant
@aussie_al
imperial1904;88963 wrote:
50 is still young too.

In this day and age it is

anonymous
Participant
@anonymous
Zorba;88964 wrote:

lol Good point. 😀

Aussie_Al;88981 wrote:
In this day and age it is

It can be. Lifespans have actually declined in the US, due primarily to poor diet and lack of exercise. For those who take care of themselves though, 50 is nothing. 🙂

msmercury
Participant
@msmercury
D3FiANC3;88989 wrote:
lol Good point. 😀

It can be. Lifespans have actually declined in the US, due primarily to poor diet and lack of exercise. For those who take care of themselves though, 50 is nothing. 🙂

So true! I do try. I run 5 miles every single day with rarely a day off. I like the high too much! I also do strength training and other things. Hopefully, it is all helping to keep me younger for my age as I get older and older. 🙂

Aussie_Al
Participant
@aussie_al
Zorba;88964 wrote:

First one at 50? wow thats great – what made you finally take the plunge?

I have some tatts that are 22+ years old and still look great!

msmercury
Participant
@msmercury
Aussie_Al;89005 wrote:

I have some tatts that are 22+ years old and still look great!

Well, long story short, I had been making a lot of changes in my life in the past 3 or 4 years (had problems with low self-esteem, shyness etc all my life) and had decided to finally let go of caring what the hell people thought of me anymore. I was tired of hiding certain aspects of myself because I knew certain people were going to disapprove and tell me I was ridiculous and childish (and they did all those things once they found out), but I got to the point I just didn’t care anymore and I wanted to start doing things that made ME happy instead of always trying to please everyone else. I had to BREAK FREE! Life is short! Once I convinced my husband to say yes, I went for it before he could change his mind. Took me a year of convincing. Took me many months to find the artist I wanted and going through a myriad of photographs of Freddie Mercury before I finally settled on the photo I had been wanting all along, but was afraid it couldn’t be done as a tattoo, but happily I found a local artist who was able to do just what I wanted. Anyway, I wear my tattoo proudly even when I get comments or get put down. But, happily, most people think it is awesome and very unique. Anyway, I feel good, I love it and have plans for several more. Sorry, I tried to keep it short! 😀

Zorba
Participant
@zorba
Aussie_Al;89005 wrote:

I had my ears pierced at 40, so I wanted to do something for my 50th. I’m a Belly Dancer, and am around a LOT of tattoos. I liked some of the pretty tattoos my dance sisters had, so I decided to get one of my own.

I’m telling my wife I’m getting a tongue stud for my 60th – she isn’t amused! I planned the 50 year tatt for about 7 years with her protesting the entire time. Of course, now she wants one too!

msmercury
Participant
@msmercury
Zorba;89010 wrote:
I had my ears pierced at 40, so I wanted to do something for my 50th. I’m a Belly Dancer, and am around a LOT of tattoos. I liked some of the pretty tattoos my dance sisters had, so I decided to get one of my own.

I’m telling my wife I’m getting a tongue stud for my 60th – she isn’t amused! I planned the 50 year tatt for about 7 years with her protesting the entire time. Of course, now she wants one too!

So interesting. I used to belly dance. I’ve still got my original cymbals, although the elastic has dry rotted. I still dabble with the help of instructional videos, but nothing serious anymore. Ha! Do you think she’ll really go through with it and get a tattoo? Does she have something picked out?

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 46 total)

You must be logged in to create new topics.