msmercury
Participant
@msmercury

Just wondering if I’m the oldest person on this forum. So far, everyone seems to be in their 20s and 30s. Are there any over 40 enthusiasts out there?

I’ve been reading that tattoos are becoming popular with the over 60 crowd. A lot of people getting their first tattoo over 60. I find that rather interesting.

Just curious about the ages of the people on this forum.

Anybody have any thoughts?

imperial1904
Participant
@imperial1904

First tattoo in their 60s? ๐Ÿ˜ฎ Good for them… better late than never I guess. ๐Ÿ™‚

I noticed a lot of people are getting their first tattoo. I don’t know why the trend now.

buttwheat
Participant
@buttwheat

I’m old…So how old are you?

Wardy
Participant
@wardy

Well im on the opposite end of the scale, I think im the youngest on the forum im 18. ๐Ÿ™‚

msmercury
Participant
@msmercury

I’m 50. I guess I don’t act like it at all. Most people say I act more like an 18 year old. But, I have fun and feel a lot younger. I’m very active and on the go. I run 5 miles everyday and do strength training exercises etc. The avatar I use was taken just 6 months ago. I have a feeling I really am the oldest person on here! Oh dear!! Come on you moms and dads and other older tattoo enthusiasts! Show yourselves. ๐Ÿ™‚

Wardy
Participant
@wardy
msmercury;88799 wrote:
I’m 50. I guess I don’t act like it at all. Most people say I act more like an 18 year old. But, I have fun and feel a lot younger. I’m very active and on the go. I run 5 miles everyday and do strength training exercises etc. The avatar I use was taken just 6 months ago. I have a feeling I really am the oldest person on here! Oh dear!! Come on you moms and dads and other older tattoo enthusiasts! Show yourselves. ๐Ÿ™‚

Well you are doing very well if you are running 5miles a day at 50 im 18 and would struggle to do 1. (worst fitness instructor ever haha!)

msmercury
Participant
@msmercury

haha! I’m sure you’d be able to work up to it. I guess I can be everyone’s online mom. They can tell me all their problems and I can give them advice. I’ll call it “Ask Ms. Mercury, She Knows”.

I do hope to hear from some of the older enthusiasts and hear what prompted them to get tattoos after the age of 60 or 70. I’ve been reading all kinds of stories about this. I’m wondering what’s going on. Perhaps people are more aware of how short life really is and realizing they need to let go of their inhibitions and do all the things they wanted to do, but were afraid to do, before they get too old and die. ๐Ÿ˜‰

Wardy
Participant
@wardy
msmercury;88802 wrote:
haha! I’m sure you’d be able to work up to it. I guess I can be everyone’s online mom. They can tell me all their problems and I can give them advice. I’ll call it “Ask Ms. Mercury, She Knows”.

I do hope to hear from some of the older enthusiasts and hear what prompted them to get tattoos after the age of 60 or 70. I’ve been reading all kinds of stories about this. I’m wondering what’s going on. Perhaps people are more aware of how short life really is and realizing they need to let go of their inhibitions and do all the things they wanted to do, but were afraid to do, before they get too old and die. ๐Ÿ˜‰

i heard buttwheat was 85

Adler
Participant
@adler

I’m old too.

imperial1904
Participant
@imperial1904
msmercury;88802 wrote:
I do hope to hear from some of the older enthusiasts and hear what prompted them to get tattoos after the age of 60 or 70.

They probably watched The Bucket List one too many times. ๐Ÿ˜ฎ

Aussie_Al
Participant
@aussie_al

I am 45 and have been getting tattooed for over 20 years now (still no hands, face or neck!)

I have sen numerous times on those Miami Ink, La Ink type shows where some one takes their grandma in for her first tattoo at 60, 70 whatever

Anyways whats your point?

msmercury
Participant
@msmercury
Aussie_Al;88880 wrote:
I am 45 and have been getting tattooed for over 20 years now (still no hands, face or neck!)

I have sen numerous times on those Miami Ink, La Ink type shows where some one takes their grandma in for her first tattoo at 60, 70 whatever

Anyways whats your point?

Was just wondering if I was the oldest here on the forum. I look at everyone’s albums and read the posts and I have noticed everyone was much younger than I was and wondered if anyone in the over 40 age group used the forums or if I was unusual in that regard. No real point, just wondering. I also find it interesting that so many older people are choosing to get their first tattoos now. Was just wondering if anyone had any interesting thoughts on why they thought that might be. I fully understand it with the younger crowd, but it is unusual when someone in their 60s decides it is time for their first tattoo. Maybe it is a very late mid-life crisis ~ ha ha, or perhaps they always wanted one but didn’t shed their inhibitions until late in life. I think it makes an interesting topic. I’d like to hear from them if they are out here. Oh, and by the way, are you from Australia? I only ask because my daughter wants to move there, so, I’m always interested in anything Australian.

imperial1904
Participant
@imperial1904
msmercury;88912 wrote:
Was just wondering if I was the oldest here on the forum. I look at everyone’s albums and read the posts and I have noticed everyone was much younger than I was and wondered if anyone in the over 40 age group used the forums or if I was unusual in that regard. No real point, just wondering. I also find it interesting that so many older people are choosing to get their first tattoos now. Was just wondering if anyone had any interesting thoughts on why they thought that might be. I fully understand it with the younger crowd, but it is unusual when someone in their 60s decides it is time for their first tattoo. Maybe it is a very late mid-life crisis ~ ha ha, or perhaps they always wanted one but didn’t shed their inhibitions until late in life. I think it makes an interesting topic. I’d like to hear from them if they are out here. Oh, and by the way, are you from Australia? I only ask because my daughter wants to move there, so, I’m always interested in anything Australian.

There really aren’t a lot of active tattoo forums (not sure why). This site is the most active I’ve found, so you really won’t run into many older tattoo enthusiasts.

Could be late mid-life crisis, could be something happened to them that was significant (like turning 60 isn’t significant??!!), whatever the reason, I think it’s awesome. ๐Ÿ™‚

msmercury
Participant
@msmercury
imperial1904;88918 wrote:
There really aren’t a lot of active tattoo forums (not sure why). This site is the most active I’ve found, so you really won’t run into many older tattoo enthusiasts.

Could be late mid-life crisis, could be something happened to them that was significant (like turning 60 isn’t significant??!!), whatever the reason, I think it’s awesome. ๐Ÿ™‚

Yeah, I agree, it is awesome! Gee, if I could get my dad, who is 73 to get one, that would really be something else. I’m glad I found this forum, because the other ones are pretty much just dead.

Aussie_Al
Participant
@aussie_al
msmercury;88912 wrote:

Yup this is a great forum – one of the best Tattoo ones and a great bunch of people

I really could not tell you why people choose to get their first Tattoo at the age of 60 – but you know what? Good for them – some people might be the cautious types and wait until they have finished paying off a house, kids have gone to college until they get their first – just in case they like it too much and want to get more ๐Ÿ˜‰

Better that than these kids who get hand and face tattoos at the age of 19 and find themselves unemployable a year later.. heh heh

Yup – I am an Aussie but I also lived 11 years in England and 11 years in the USA – feel free to ask me any questions you want – maybe by PM so we don’t bore the rest of the forum :p

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 46 total)

You must be logged in to create new topics.