Zorba
Participant
@zorba

Probably. She wants a colorful parrot on her shoulder.

msmercury
Participant
@msmercury
Zorba;89044 wrote:
Probably. She wants a colorful parrot on her shoulder.

That would be beautiful!! Now, I think I’ll go and do a hip shimmy for old times’ sake. 🙂

puzzled1
Participant
@puzzled1

An interesting thread!

Never think too much about age when I get on a forum with others who share a common interest.

But now that you bring it up…;)

I’m 55 and got my sleeve, my third and biggest tattoo, this year. At this point in my life I just feel like cuttng loose and doing what I want. I’m retired now so no worries about an employer frowning on the ink. 😀

Also, there is a lot more information easily available about tattoos and tattoong than there used to be making them more accessible to more people. That means older people will find it easier to get tattos now than back in the day.

Amok
Participant
@amok

First tattoo at 31 (I’m still 31 though). Will have 2 large tattoos finished this year, after that I’ll probably stop for a while.

My parent’s don’t even know about my tattoos and I don’t plan on telling them (they’ve both got serious heart conditions and I’m worried that I will kill them). They’re pretty traditional.

puzzled1
Participant
@puzzled1
Amok;90618 wrote:
First tattoo at 31 (I’m still 31 though). Will have 2 large tattoos finished this year, after that I’ll probably stop for a while.

My parent’s don’t even know about my tattoos and I don’t plan on telling them (they’ve both got serious heart conditions and I’m worried that I will kill them). They’re pretty traditional.

Ah yes, the parents…I just told my Mom, yesterday, about my new ink…she wasn’t pleased but did appreciate that I told her about it. Some things never change no matter how old you are, eh?:p

Amok
Participant
@amok
puzzled1;90622 wrote:
Ah yes, the parents…I just told my Mom, yesterday, about my new ink…she wasn’t pleased but did appreciate that I told her about it. Some things never change no matter how old you are, eh?:p

Yes very true!

msmercury
Participant
@msmercury

I didn’t tell my mom or much of my family about my tattoo until after the fact. I accidentally spilled the news talking to my mom and I blurted out something about my tattoo. “What?” she said. Oh, I have a tattoo. The conversation went downhill from there and then it did end on a lighter note, but it was a little while before everyone was used to it and once they saw it, they did admit it looked great. But, the comments are things like “you’re ridiculous”, “how old are you again”, “what are you going back to being 18 again”, “it’s a mid-life crisis”, “why would anyone want something permanent on their skin”, “do you like that guy that much? (referring to my Freddie tattoo)” and my favorite ones “you are in a spiritual warfare and a demon might attach itself to your tattoo, this could get bad” and “who is Freddie Mercury?” hahahahahaha. It is my 23 year old daughter that really thinks I’ve gone off. I’m just ready to do what I want in life and to have the things I’ve always wanted. It’s about time, don’t you think? :):):):):):)

Thaela
Participant
@thaela
msmercury;90635 wrote:
and my favorite ones “you are in a spiritual warfare and a demon might attach itself to your tattoo, this could get bad”

omg if someone said that to me I’d probably break down laughing… wow

msmercury
Participant
@msmercury
Thaela;90729 wrote:
omg if someone said that to me I’d probably break down laughing… wow

I think I was laughing inwardly! Yeah, I really got some interesting lectures!! :):)

Aussie_Al
Participant
@aussie_al
msmercury;91315 wrote:
I think I was laughing inwardly! Yeah, I really got some interesting lectures!! :):)

I had some drunk posh lady slobbeing all over my on atrain ride from the hamptons

I told her 3 times I was 45

She kept touching my tattoos and saying “thats hot but you will regret it by the time you turn 40”

Oh dear….

Panter
Participant
@panter

Good on you msmercury, I think you’re a lot less likely to regret it than a younger person 😎
I’m 37 and got my first ink started recently, as you say, life’s too short!

I’m guessing it was the Queen song line that inspired you to BREAK FREE 😀 (Awesome tune)

msmercury
Participant
@msmercury
Panter;91323 wrote:
Good on you msmercury, I think you’re a lot less likely to regret it than a younger person 😎
I’m 37 and got my first ink started recently, as you say, life’s too short!

I’m guessing it was the Queen song line that inspired you to BREAK FREE 😀 (Awesome tune)

Haha! How’d you guess? 😉 Yes, I just had to BREAK FREE and yes, it is awesome as is all their music! My next tattoo is also inspired by Queen. The memorial I’m getting will have a line from “March of the Black Queen”. I’m using “Spread Out Your Wings You Are An Angel” on a memorial for my son. I’m hoping to come up with a really nice wing design with some ghost angels, clouds etc. Actually, I received some very good ideas from others on the forum, so, I think I’ll use some of the ideas & come up with something very nice. Yeah, there is no way I could ever regret this tattoo, in particular. I’m going to keep living as if each day is my last & do the things that make me happy! :):):)

Panter
Participant
@panter

Sounds like it’s going to be a really nice piece, lovely meaning to it too.

mrchen
Participant
@mrchen

I am in my late 40’s. But mentally I am probably 14………….

metalmancpa
Participant
@metalmancpa

Just got my first tattoo and I’m 51. I feel like a teenager though because I haven’t told my parents yet. Some things never change.

Viewing 15 posts - 31 through 45 (of 46 total)

You must be logged in to create new topics.