JasonDrvmz
Participant
@jasondrvmz

This is my second tattoo, it was done on Feb 17th. I followed all the proper aftercare steps. It’s now shiny and wrinkled, I’ve been putting lubriderm on it about 3 times a day and always washed it in between applications. A few people told me it looks like the artist dug a little deep, now I’m worried about scarring. Almost 6 weeks and I know this is’nt normal, at least I don’t think so. Please help..

http://i1160.photobucket.com/albums/q482/JasonDrvmz/IMAG0335.jpg

http://i1160.photobucket.com/albums/q482/JasonDrvmz/IMAG0339.jpg

http://i1160.photobucket.com/albums/q482/JasonDrvmz/IMAG0341.jpg

http://i1160.photobucket.com/albums/q482/JasonDrvmz/IMAG0340.jpg

anonymous
Participant
@anonymous

Well there’s not much you can do about it so don’t sweat it too much.

JasonDrvmz
Participant
@jasondrvmz

Will it ever go to normal?

GrayCatLove
Participant
@graycatlove

I’d say ease up on the Lubriderm and washing; you may just be irritating it – You really shouldn’t wash anything more than a couple times a day.

JasonDrvmz
Participant
@jasondrvmz

I know certain areas of the body heal longer than others. I guess my main question is.. is it still healing?

JasonDrvmz
Participant
@jasondrvmz

this is driving me crazy…

anonymous
Participant
@anonymous
JasonDrvmz;110144 wrote:
I know certain areas of the body heal longer than others. I guess my main question is.. is it still healing?

Yes, although it only takes about 2 weeks for the skin to heal, it generally takes several months for the area to completely return to normal.

GrayCatLove
Participant
@graycatlove

Everyone heals at a different rate, but all tattoos take a minimum of 6 to 8 weeks to heal. Injuries to your genitals and mouth heal faster. (If that doesn’t sell atheists on Intelligent Design, nothing will.) I think that’s an arm? Keeping a wound constantly damp with moisturizers, yet putting drying irritants on it like cetyl alcohol (an ingredient in Lubriderm) is no good.

My tattooist turned me on to Tattoo Goo. It’s mostly natural. I love that it has rosemary, which gives it a great smell and better healing properties. I’m not a believer in overmoisturizing and prefer the holistic approach of more natural products and a better diet. If you want your skin to heal, gently wash twice a day with antbacterial soap. PAT it dry. Once it’s completely dry, apply a little Tattoo Goo. Eat good fats like avocados, olive oil, et al. Get lots of protein and vitamin C.

I don’t go for moisturizing skin until wounds are healed, but that’s not from a tattooist perspective. That’s from a nursing perspective. I also prefer Aveeno IF I’m out of Tattoo Goo, but you can use the latter on healed tattoos, too. From the looks of it, your tattoo doesn’t look infected or gross, just slow-healing and a little sore. Take care of it and I’m sure it’ll be fine. 🙂

mrchen
Participant
@mrchen

It’s new skin, it is not unusual, I wouldn’t touch it, no care at all, one tiny drop of lubriderm a week, let it toughen up, it will be finished healing

JasonDrvmz
Participant
@jasondrvmz

I should know this about wounds and skin since i also have experience as an EMT, but once my tat started freaking out on me all my medical knowledge went out the window lol

JasonDrvmz
Participant
@jasondrvmz
mrchen;110154 wrote:
It’s new skin, it is not unusual, I wouldn’t touch it, no care at all, one tiny drop of lubriderm a week, let it toughen up, it will be finished healing

I’m gonna try that for a week and see how it goes

anonymous
Participant
@anonymous

Check this out. This was my first tat. The circled area is where the artist really chewed up the the skin. Not only is it shiny, but there’s actually a noticeable indent in my leg there. It eventually healed completely. No shininess, no indent. I am missing ink in the middle of the line but that’s easy enough to touch it when I can be bothered.

5mgx7c.jpg

GrayCatLove
Participant
@graycatlove
JasonDrvmz;110164 wrote:
I should know this about wounds and skin since i also have experience as an EMT, but once my tat started freaking out on me all my medical knowledge went out the window lol

Yep, just treat it like any old large but shallow wound. 🙂

JasonDrvmz
Participant
@jasondrvmz

i think i’m just buggin out about the time factor.. 5 weeks/2 days and it still looks crazy, while I got another tat on March 9th and it’s healing up great so far that it looks fully healed….. FML lol

JasonDrvmz
Participant
@jasondrvmz
Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 22 total)

You must be logged in to create new topics.