duncan32
@

Hi everyone,

Well, I’m new on here. I’m here for a specific reason, but to start with I thought I’d post a hello and brief “tattoo background”. ๐Ÿ™‚

I’m 40 in April, when I married my wife Lorna (15 years ago) I had Chinese lettering of her name on one arm. When our daughter Katie was born I had the same style lettering on the other arm. Then when our son Toby was born I did it all over again. So, both arms have this style of tattoo. They run from the shoulder, at the back of the arm, down to halfway between the elbow and wrist. They are great and I am proud of them and love it when people ask what they mean. When I get the chance I will post a photo if this is the sort of thing done on this site (I imagine it is :)).

I have always said that I will only get tattoos that have a meaning to me, and although I have been very tempted I have resisted the urge to get all manner of further tattoos on my arms, chest, back etc. That’s just how I am, I don’t want to dilute the meaning of the tattoos that I already have.

However, on the 2nd of January my brother died. He was 49 years old. It was sudden and totally unexpected. It’s a tragedy for our whole family and we are still not really at terms with it. This is the main reason that I have registered on this site. I want to get a tattoo in his memory, but although I have a good idea of the basic plan for it, I really feel that I need help and advice, I’d certainly appreciate it anyway. I imagine that there are many people on here that have done a similar thing?

Anyway, that’s enough from me for now. I’m going to get a photo taken of my current tattoos, and revisit probably tomorrow with the plans that I have for my new one, to see what people’s thoughts are.

I’ll have a browse of the site now, see how things work, and what’s going on.

Thanks and take care all.

Duncan
๐Ÿ™‚

peterpoose
Participant
@peterpoose

Man, I am sorry to hear of your loss. Must be very hard! Life can suck!

You didn’t mention where abouts you live?

Are you after a real life portrait or something in the lines of your original tattoos?

msmercury
Participant
@msmercury

My condolences on the loss of your brother. A memorial tattoo will be a great way to honor him. It is hard to advise you on the memorial tattoo until we hear what your basic idea is. However, there are lots of people here with ideas you may like. There are many symbols on the Internet you may want to consider. I think something that represents something your brother liked or that was important to him is a good place to start. I’ll wait to hear what your basic plan is before I make any suggestions.

Welcome to the forum, by the way. ๐Ÿ™‚

Panter
Participant
@panter

Welcome to the forum ๐Ÿ™‚

Really sorry to hear of your loss though, condolences to you all.

I don’t personally like text tattoo’s but, it sounds as if you’re very happy with the ones you currently have so it would seem one option would be to get your brothers name on you in the same style.
A portrait is another good one, but you have to get a seriously talented artist to do that. If you go that route the good folk on here will point you in the direction of someone worthy of that.

Other than that, maybe an image that represents what he meant to you, or something that represented him, hobbies, pastimes, favorite place that type of thing.

Good luck

Chris

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

You must be logged in to create new topics.