slravene
Participant
@slravene

Hey guys… been lurking around here for a while. finally decided to register…

I have an appointment on Monday to start my first tattoo…going with an “almost half sleeve” (just a bit above the elbow, so i can keep it under most shirts, since my career requires such a thing). It will be done by Dave Tedder, at Brandon Bond’s Atlanta shop All or Nothing Tattoo. I looked around for a long time, and short of Brandon Bond himself, I liked Dave’s work, style, and personality the best.

I will post pictures and follow ups as the project gets completed. It will be done in two sessions hopefully (with a third if necessary).

xanderx
Participant
@xanderx

welcome and goodluck! what design/theme are you getting?

slravene
Participant
@slravene

it will include a few things, all nautical/family based. My family has been heavily involved in southern nautical history since the colonization of the south. There will be a tallship, the Ravenel Bridge in Charleston harbor (named after my family) and on the inside of the arm will be a family crest. I gave Dave artistic freedom to put it all together, and I trust that he will come up with something great.

I will be sure to show pictures once my first session is done. I cant give much more info than that…because i dont have any!

buttwheat
Participant
@buttwheat

Welcome. It looks like you are well on your way to get a great first tattoo.
Congrats on doing some research before getting your first

Adler
Participant
@adler

Look forward to seeing this one, anyone at that shop would be excellent.

slravene
Participant
@slravene
buttwheat;95091 wrote:
Welcome. It looks like you are well on your way to get a great first tattoo.
Congrats on doing some research before getting your first

I have seen far too many bad tattoos to not find the right artist. It’s a big first tattoo…so I wanted it to be right.

Adler;95143 wrote:
Look forward to seeing this one, anyone at that shop would be excellent.

That shop is great. I would trust anyone there to do a stellar job; but Dave’s personality, style, eagerness, and genuine interest (at least….it seems that way 😀 ) to take on my idea was the winning point for me.

buttwheat
Participant
@buttwheat
slravene;95148 wrote:
eagerness, and genuine interest

So many people don’t think of that while looking for an artist. I have always believed if an artists is pumped to do that tattoo for you they are going to do a way better job then some one who is just doing a job.

Amok
Participant
@amok
buttwheat;95150 wrote:
So many people don’t think of that while looking for an artist. I have always believed if an artists is pumped to do that tattoo for you they are going to do a way better job then some one who is just doing a job.

fuck i hope you’re right about that. I’m getting a fairly new artist to do my next tattoo, he’s quite excited about my idea. in fact he just emailed me saying he’s working on it already when the appointment is 2 months away.

Wardy
Participant
@wardy

welcome to the forum. Can’t wait to see pictures!

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

You must be logged in to create new topics.