Bope
Participant
    @bope

welcome to the forum…

300 hours in the chair….another 400 more to go..
Dave Van
Participant
    @dave-van

Hey, Thaela. That is definitely a quality shop. I don’t see a huge difference between Chase’s work and that of Mike or Matt, so I wouldn’t wait around for him if the others were available. Anyway, if the place looks clean and you are comfortable with the people there, I say you’ve got a winner!

Ignorance should be painful.
Dave Van
Participant
    @dave-van

Oh, also, they would be able to give you advice on placement and the wear of the area you were considering. I personally haven’t seen any foot tattoos that looked clean and sharp after a couple years, but touch ups are pretty much a part of the whole deal. I’m no expert, though. Like I said, those guys should be able to help you out.

msmercury
Participant
    @msmercury
Thaela;90449 wrote:
Thanks for the warm welcome! 🙂 I’m glad you replied because I have seen some of your posts and gallery photos, you seem really cool 🙂

I think it’s great that you got the tattoo you wanted, and I completely understand about the making deals with the hubby 😉 I waited to bring it up for a very long time, and chose the exact right moment to do it… You know us women have a way of getting what we want in the end 😉 lol

And of course I will post pics when I have it done! 🙂 I was hoping for some feedback on one of the places I was considering, and about the actual location for the piece before I moved forward. But maybe I should make a separate thread? Not sure how many people actually come back and check these newbie posts..

Thanks again 🙂

Hi again! Well, I think location of the tattoo is a very valid concern. It was for me as well. I was concerned about it being on my leg because I’m always getting bruised there or worse. I’m one of those obsessed nuts who protects her tattoo to the hilt! I have even gone so far as making contraptions to wrap and wear around my leg when I have to do yard work outside. I’m always afraid of scratching or worse. I would definitely ask the forum (on a new thread because it will get more attention if it is posted in the correct category) about the location. You want this to last and if friction is a possible concern, then you want to know now before making that final decision. I suppose touch-ups are always an option should there be any issues later on down the road, so, I guess that is something to think about as well. Thanks for the nice words and oh, yes, we do have a way don’t we? 😉 Hahaha. And they say men rule the world hehehehehe.

You seem like a very cool and fun person!! Glad you’re here.

See ya on the forum! 🙂

ArniVidar
    @arnividar

I have no comment on Michigan artists, but I just wanted to say that that is one of the nicest paw prints I have ever seen. I’m loving it 🙂

test sig
Thaela
Participant
    @thaela
Dave Van;90522 wrote:
That is definitely a quality shop. I don’t see a huge difference between Chase’s work and that of Mike or Matt, so I wouldn’t wait around for him if the others were available. Anyway, if the place looks clean and you are comfortable with the people there, I say you’ve got a winner!

I’m really glad to hear that, thanks so much for the feedback! Makes things a lot easier if I don’t have to search around 🙂

And thanks for the input on the location. I didn’t really think about that until I saw the article on Yahoo (hey I guess celebs are useful for something, eh? lol…). I think hubby would like it better in my hip bone area anyway so maybe its meant to be 😉

Dave Van
Participant
    @dave-van
Thaela;90535 wrote:
I’m really glad to hear that, thanks so much for the feedback! Makes things a lot easier if I don’t have to search around 🙂

And thanks for the input on the location. I didn’t really think about that until I saw the article on Yahoo (hey I guess celebs are useful for something, eh? lol…). I think hubby would like it better in my hip bone area anyway so maybe its meant to be 😉

Anytime! Make sure to post a pic or two when it’s finished!

Wardy
Participant
    @wardy

and if worse comes to worse and you change your mind about getting that tattoo you could always get “Wardy” on your bottem 🙂

Are you going to bark all day little doggy or are you going to bite?