Thaela
Participant
    @thaela

I’ve decided to go ahead with a small tattoo. My hubby knows this is something I want – and have been considering for some time now. I searched around the web for tattoo forums, and this one seems like the most active and knowledgable. But please go easy on this poor newbie 😉

I am a veterinarian and am looking to get a small cat paw print on the medial aspect of my right foot, about 3/4″ in height. I figure this is in a coverable enough area unless I’m barefoot or wearing sandals, which I wouldn’t do at work anyway.

Here’s an image I found online that I really like.

images.jpg

I really like the shape, the shading, even the color. And the fact that the central pad is an upside down heart. It just seems perfect for what I am looking for.

Being the nerd that I am – I research everything to the nth degree. I’ve been perusing this site, reading about aftercare and what to expect. However, I live in Michigan and there doesn’t seem to be any artists in this state listed in the directory or anywhere else that I can find. I want someone skilled who can do exactly what I want – even though its a very small piece – and who won’t make me regret doing something this permanent to my body. So I was wondering if anyone knew of anyone worthwhile in this state? And I’m definitely willing to wait for a good artist if that’s what it takes.

Also, since I have no experience whatsoever with tattoos, I was curious about how long a design like this would take to do, and how much I should expect to spend. Money is not an issue at all – I’m just wondering what is usual for this type of art, and how long should I prepare myself to sit.

I’m kinda nervous since this is my first one, but excited all the same. I just want to have a good experience.

Thanks for the site and forum. I think I came to the first place for answers and advice 🙂

DOJAGUY
Participant
    @dojaguy

About an hour? Shouldnt take you too long. You wanted the same color as well?

Thaela
Participant
    @thaela
DOJAGUY;90377 wrote:
About an hour? Shouldnt take you too long. You wanted the same color as well?

Thanks for the reply 🙂 Only an hour? That’s not bad at all 🙂

As far as the color goes – I was originally thinking like a henna brown paw print, but then I found this image and I really like the depth and shading of the blue colors. And after considering it, I don’t think I would like the henna color as much as I would something more… well, colorful and cheery. Don’t want it to look like a cat walked in poop lol 😛

Wardy
Participant
    @wardy

First of all, WELCOME!!!!!! 😀

A half decent artist will be able to do that to a good standard as its a simple tattoo.

But very appropriate considering your job and you know you will not regret it.

Welcome to the addiction:cool:

Are you going to bark all day little doggy or are you going to bite?
Dave Van
Participant
    @dave-van

Welcome. Yeah, Doja’s right, it shouldn’t take long. As for the price, nobody could really give you even a ballpark. Different artists have such different pricing, even for a piece this small. The best advice is the same advice everyone gets. Find shops in your area, go inside, check out the artists work, discuss ideas and price. If the person isn’t willing to take the time to answer all of your questions and treat you with respect, go somewhere else. There are plenty of good artists in Michigan, and it should be a one sitting piece, so if you have to travel a bit for it, no big deal.

Also, be prepared for a little bit of pain, as that is a fairly sensitive area for ink. Good luck!

Ignorance should be painful.
Dave Van
Participant
    @dave-van
WardyInk;90379 wrote:
First of all, WELCOME!!!!!! 😀

A half decent artist will be able to do that to a good standard as its a simple tattoo.

But very appropriate considering your job and you know you will not regret it.

Welcome to the addiction:cool:

No, dude. NEVER go to a “half-decent” artist. As I told a friend of mine, simple doesn’t necessarily mean easy, and if you want the coloring done properly, you REALLY need a good artist. Take the time to find the right person.

Ignorance should be painful.
Wardy
Participant
    @wardy
Dave Van;90383 wrote:
No, dude. NEVER go to a “half-decent” artist. As I told a friend of mine, simple doesn’t necessarily mean easy, and if you want the coloring done properly, you REALLY need a good artist. Take the time to find the right person.

My mistake take Dave’s advice even if the price is allot more to go to a decent artist. He knows allot more about this stuff than me! my bad!! thanks Dave for the heads up dude!

Are you going to bark all day little doggy or are you going to bite?
DOJAGUY
Participant
    @dojaguy

dave how much you think its gonna cost??? id say at a nice shop between 80 and 120?? approximate? shit i have a skull with wings that cost me 250 and its small… i paid high price cuz of the shop i went to… but yeah id say 80 for a piece like that