xanderx
Participant
@xanderx

hi, i’ve been frequenting this forum for the longest time now and finally found some lazy time to sign-up and post something…

just wanted to share with you guys my misery. ๐Ÿ™
i don’t know why, but I love tattoos! and as the title says, no matter how much I want to get one, i can’t…

why? ‘coz my wife won’t let me… *sigh*
i know, i know, please don’t give me any ‘it’s your body, do it for yourself, what does she care’ speech… ‘coz she is actually not that out of reason at all…
i work in finance for a big MNC and people would definitely shun the sight (or even thought!)
plus i come (and she does too) from a very conservative family…
plus she thinks i’m too ‘clean-looking’ and not look good with one…

i tried to put it in my ‘gifts wish list’ last Christmas but she totally ignored it! ๐Ÿ™
i even had my mind made-up on what to get hehe… a tribal sun and armband on both arms… but I guess I’m stuck at just admiring others’ i should say…

i did manage to get her to allow me to pierce my ears! (different and long story — but yay anyway!)… so maybe there’s hope…
anyway too many random thoughts already…

I just want to thank all those who post in this forum ‘coz I must say i’ve learned quite a lot already from just reading the posts and looking at the pics… someday it will happen!

keep rockin’ guys! (and gals!)

xander

Joker1
Participant
@joker1

Why is she out of kitchen anyway?
I suggest you shorten her lead so doesn’t have enough slack to reach the living room to boss you around.

If it’s not obvious, I AM joking.

There’s not much we can help with in the wife department, you already know what advice we’d give ๐Ÿ˜‰
I can’t sympathize with the job, ‘cos at the end of the day, it’s your choice and your body, no one else’s (even if they like to think it is).
It’s your life, so live it the way you want to. Don’t be bossed around.

Dewolf
Participant
@dewolf

I work in a seriously stuffy/judgmental industry so far as tattoos go โ€“ Iโ€™m a lawyer โ€“ and having any visible tattoos while Iโ€™m working would be a serious issue. However, Iโ€™ve got 2 pretty large shoulder caps which, unless my boss comes with me to the gym:eek:, I can always cover, even with T-shirts. To be honest, Iโ€™m always surprised how may people come out and admit having tattoos when I tell them Iโ€™ve got some.

As for the wife, Iโ€™m not sure what to advise there. Why not get a fake one put on in the area youโ€™d like one, surprise her with it and gage her reaction. She might see it and decide she likes itโ€ฆor she might hit you, but, on the plus side, that it likely to be less painful than getting a tattoo done!! ๐Ÿ˜€

Blue1
Participant
@blue1

I’m keeping my mouth shut on the wife issue… b/c I would only be mean.

Do what you gotta do in order for YOU to be happy

Lumal
Participant
@lumal

Your wife should support you in every decision you make. People really need to get over the fact that tattoos change you, whit or without you’ll be the same person. It’s just bodyart.

ontwo
Participant
@ontwo

Soooo you can have pierced ears in your job, but a nonvisible tattoo is not allowed???? WTF

KnightHawk
Participant
@knighthawk

Dude, your wife is a total cunt.

Just sayin.

Love. Peace. Metallica.

closetfreak
Participant
@closetfreak

Sorry to hear about your situation. I admire you for respecting your wife’s desires, and not bad-mouthing her on here because of them. With that said though, I do believe you should fight for what you want (figuratively speaking). I think sometimes people forget how short life is…and you only get one! So keep talking with her about it…try a compromise rather than letting her just saying no flat out. Maybe there is something she has been wanting to get/to do that you haven’t wanted her to? Just a thought…

Also, I’m a corporate auditor, so tattoos aren’t really acceptable in my line of work either (people are usually shocked that I have tattoos, and that I had piercings in college…I guess auditors are just “supposed” to be conservative). So far I have 4 and I’m about to get another fairly large one one my hip. All can be easily hidden by clothing, except for the one on the top of my foot. During interviews, I wear pants, and cover it up with a large bandaid and hose and no one has ever noticed :p

As for your family being conservative, mine too. My mom seriously thought the devil had a hold of me when I got my tongue pierced at 18. She cried. I come from a Christian family (“your body is a temple of the Holy Spirit…so glorify God in your body”), so it was frowned upon, to say the least. When I got my first tattoo, she had much the same reaction. But you know what? Since then I’ve had an eyebrow and vertical hood piercing and 3 additional tattoos, and she’s over it. It’s a non-issue. She still loves me, and has given up on keeping me from getting tattoos. Unless you truly believe that your families would disown you forever, I don’t think you should let them be a deciding factor whatsoever, IMHO. They love you for who you are inside, not for your external appearance….hopefully…lol ๐Ÿ˜€

Hopefully you’re wife will reconsider and come through for you soon!

Bodhisurfer
Participant
@bodhisurfer

I reckon that you SHOULDNT get a tattoo.

this is obviously something that youre not certain about. You like tattoos -thats good but you think if you had one yourself it would impact negatively in your life.
So untill you decide that actually you dont care and youre going to get your dream tattoo regardless -and you may never reach that point – then you are probably better off admiring tattoos on other people.

I like Maori style facial tattoos but i dont think i would ever get one because i am from and live in a culture where a facial tattoo means a whole different thing.

good luck dude:-)

KnightHawk
Participant
@knighthawk

*points up at closetfreak for truth*

On the bright side, her cuntitude has prevented you from getting a bad 90’s, Red Hot Chili Pepper inspired tattoo that’d be hard to cover up.

Though if you want my opinion, and even if ya don’t, it sounds to me like you’re making excuses. Yes, your wife should have some input on what you put on your body. I mean, every once an a while, the chick is gonna have to handle your balls, so that makes it her business.

But the way you’re phrasing it puts all the blame on her, as if you have no volition of your own. You’re using her to absolve yourself of the responsibility of your choice. The fact she won’t even give you an inch on it is what makes her a cunt–the fact that you’re putting it all on her is what makes you a pussy. If you want to do it, do it. If you don’t for her sake, stand up and say so. Either way, stop whining because that’s bitchtastic.

As for your job and family, that’s also an excuse. Unless you get visible ink, which for a dude basically means hands and faces, spots even hardcore tattoo enthusiasts don’t get them very often, they won’t never know unless you TELL them. You keep your mouth shut because you got to make a living and you’re a professional even if they ain’t. As for you’re family, they’re basically stuck with you.

Or, you could deal with it like Sherav did, by being confrontational but intelligent and professional at the same time.

Seriously, I’ve wasted too much time with this, but dammit, the way you’re refusing to sack up and take responsibility for your choice not to get inked is annoying the hell out of me for some reason.

Love. Peace. Metallica.

Bdubbs
Participant
@bdubbs

This reminds me about 5-8 years ago when I wanted a tattoo on my forearm. My wife said “NO, everyone will see it, and what about if you switch jobs?”. Well the point is I want everyone to see it!

My bother has two full sleeves and my other brother has a 3/4 sleeve. I would point out to her that its no big deal. Who cares what others think. Her family is very old school/traditional.

LOL, she knows I eventually get my way, and she says “well your going to do what you want anyways”. Now I’m in the process of finishing off my two sleeves! ๐Ÿ™‚ And she likes them! Now she has the tattoo bug, as she has a big one on her rib cage, and shes getting ready to do the other side!

It seems like the ones you want can be covered up with clothing, just keep pushing her a bit, maybe eventually she’ll want one to!

Butterfly
Participant
@butterfly-2

well welcome to the forum after reading for ages !

I don’t actually have much to say , it’s nice that you respect your wife enough not to just go ahead and do it without her support but no one should have that amount of control on anyone else .
Life is far too short and one day you might just regret not living it more !!

Also i a have a professional job and most do not know i have any body art :rolleyes:

Rockysmom
Participant
@rockysmom

I am so glad that I am not married but I am fortunate that my boyfriend ‘allows’ me to get one. LOL
FYI I also work in Finance but since we wear clothes on most parts of our body there are lots of places you can get one where others won’t see it.

Outlaw
Participant
@outlaw

keep her chained to the sink and she wont know its been done:D

my wife has placed a “”request”” in that i dont have any skulls done, i shall respect her wishes but she will never ask me not to have any more work done as it is my body. ๐Ÿ˜‰

Blue1
Participant
@blue1
Outlaw;60605 wrote:
keep her chained to the sink and she wont know its been done:D

๐Ÿ˜‰

lol I like this idea ๐Ÿ˜€

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 54 total)

You must be logged in to create new topics.