GroH
Participant
@groh

We started on my biomech sleeve today as i got a cancellation time. So far just design and ghostlines for the next time. I think it looks kinda nice so far even though its a complete shit at this point there are some pics of it in my folder and ill put a few up here aswell. They are all messy and shitty since its insanely hard to take pics of your own arm with a cellphone. Ill add more decent pics later as i get one of my friends to help me take them.

Well i see it didnt want to up the pics on the post, but they are still in my folder so look them up from there if you want to.

Adding a few more pics ina few mins.—done

mrchen
Participant
@mrchen

I cant believe this artist works in a shop, man his line work is terrible

sorry, my 2 cents

GroH
Participant
@groh

Dude read the comment they are ghostlines not outlines done with shader as a reminder…look at hes work and rejudge http://www.tinostattoo.fi/kallegallery.html and i apologize if im not supposed to link anything. ๐Ÿ™‚
He specifically told me that the lines wont look good as he did them fast ( ghostlines) and its nothing to worry about… though i allready knew this..dont know how you have had large stuff done before but this is not unordinary… ๐Ÿ™‚ just my 2 cents

goldengraemes
Participant
@goldengraemes

I have never heard of this expression before as I would have thought you either need permanent solid lines or not?
Why Ghost line your entire piece when surely it would take just as long to do the job properly 1st time with the right needle choice?

The line work is shaky as hell with some lines running through others, some lines almost disappearing so what ever this Ghost line thing is I hope it fades to nothing for the sake of this piece?

I would have the though the artist would have had a copy of the stencil he could us again if needed and take a photo if required?

Looking at the portfolio there as some bad tattoos some average tattoos and some that look pretty good. The line work on pieces like tribal that need a solid line has shown that there is some inconsistency in his line work but what would concern me more is there doesn’t seem to be any bio-mech work in his portfolio to compare. His use of colour is questionable of some of his colour pieces also.

MrChen knows his eggs and although it hurts when people give you an opinion that you may not have expected. I would consider the next steps carefully on this piece as it is a big tattoo to regret if it doesn’t turn out how you envisaged.

mrchen
Participant
@mrchen

no one ghost lines and entire bio sleeve, somebodys selling you a line (bad one), you run a line or two or water line as reference at maximum

the guys work isnt very good, sorry bro, just my opinion, feel free to dismiss

if you ever need help with a great artist let me know, we will hook you up

bluey
Participant
@bluey

WOW an impressive amount of ink for one sitting on only your second tattoo. When is the next sitting?

Morwin Nerdbane
Participant
@morwin-nerdbane

I’ve never heard of ghost lines. Sorry man. I sort of get that on a black and grey biomech piece there’s a lot of shading to be done so they might not be as noticable but they look pretty solid (not good solid) to be ghost anything.

Lets hope his shading is better than his outlines and it disguises them cos those lines ain’t good mate. Sorry.

Why would you go to someone for biomech who has none (that I noticed) in their portfolio? It’s a pretty rare skill.

GroH
Participant
@groh

Well hes “portfolio” is mostly consisting of older pieces hes done some mech after that. I like to give my artist free hands and faith hes done many great pieces. Mine is going to be extremely dark so the lines wont show on the final piece i guess well see what happens after a few sessions. ๐Ÿ™‚

GroH
Participant
@groh

Thanks for the input, but as saif i have faith in him and i guess time will tell.

mrchen
Participant
@mrchen

you know him, you got faith in him, you like his work, thats all that matters,
I hope he rocks it out

GroH
Participant
@groh

Exactly, thank you.

Morwin Nerdbane
Participant
@morwin-nerdbane

I didn’t mean any harm dude and I echo mrchen; as long as you believe in your artists ability that’s all that matters.

The line work on my half sleeve isn’t exceptional my any means but it’s so heavily coloured that you don’t even notice and it looks awesome (or I think so at least) as a whole.

Keep us updated as the work continues. It’d be cool to see how it turns out ๐Ÿ™‚

yodaddynukka
Participant
@yodaddynukka

by ghost lines i think he means blood lines, but still…

yodaddynukka
Participant
@yodaddynukka

and i only looked at a few pics as they were all way to big for me to want to look at them, but i dont think those were blood lines so i retract my last comment.

anonymous
Participant
@anonymous
GroH;108580 wrote:
Dude read the comment they are ghostlines not outlines done with shader as a reminder…look at hes work and rejudge http://www.tinostattoo.fi/kallegallery.html and i apologize if im not supposed to link anything. ๐Ÿ™‚
He specifically told me that the lines wont look good as he did them fast ( ghostlines) and its nothing to worry about… though i allready knew this..dont know how you have had large stuff done before but this is not unordinary… ๐Ÿ™‚ just my 2 cents

Links are not only welcome, but encouraged when it comes to an artist’s portfolio. ๐Ÿ™‚

Anyway, some of the linework in his portfolio looks fine, but some of doesn’t. e.g. The tail on this one has some shaky lines.

color47b.jpg

Overall though, his work looks pretty poor. And I don’t see any biomech in his portfolio at all.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 16 total)

You must be logged in to create new topics.