DragunRose
Participant
@dragunrose

Hey all

It has been a while since I have posted (I lurk now and then still) but I’ve started working on what I guess will end up being a lower leg sleeve so wanted to share the progress so far.

So far I have gotten a portrait done of my cat Princess who I lost last February to cancer, my artist reworked a cherub tattoo I had on the same leg to look like a old postcard and on this past Wensday I got a memorial tattoo to my mother, which is the raccoon. I am going in tomorrow for another cat portrait which will be on the front my leg (not looking forward to all of that shin work).

As of right now I have 3 more cat portraits to go (including the one tomorrow) and I have another existing tattoo on my ankle that my artist is going to make look like another torn out piece of paper.

I’m having a lot of fun with this one and I’m super happy with the progress so far and cannot wait to finish it.

Princess:
IMAG0165-1.jpg
Cherub rework:
100MEDIA36IMAG0196-1.jpg
Memorial:
100MEDIA36IMAG0222-1.jpg
Full view:
100MEDIA36IMAG0227-1.jpg

Funk
Participant
@funk

They all look pretty solid. I’m really diggin’ the raccoon.

Adler
Participant
@adler

There is no flow or congruity to any of these and will not make for a good leg sleeve in my opinion. Youre looking at different shapes, sizes, subject matters and styles and they just don’t blend well together. Are you seriously going to fill up you leg with a bunch of cat portraits? Even though the one you have is decent I can’t imagine having a bunch done. Well, to each their own.

DragunRose
Participant
@dragunrose

Thanks Funk, yea I love my raccoon makes me smile every time I look at.

Adler, granted it looks unfinished right now, because it is. Shadowing and such needs to be added in the end but I’m not following you on this not blending well overall. Maybe it is just me, but I’ve never thought a sleeve needed to contain the same shape, subject matter, ect to work well as a sleeve. But as you said to each their own, I’m happy with the way it is coming together. Of course I really want my leg covered in cats or else I would not have put the time and money into getting them permanently placed on my body. I understand getting four cat portraits is certainly not something a lot of people would do, but cats have been and are a very big part of my life and I’m very proudly displaying that.

DragunRose
Participant
@dragunrose

Crappy cellphone pic, but this is what I got yesterday:

100MEDIA36IMAG0243-1.jpg

Wardy
Participant
@wardy

As for what Adler said that’s when it comes down to everybody’s opinion is different. I personally think that sleeve’s don’t need a theme and i think it look’s awesome congrats 🙂

Amok
Participant
@amok

Crazycatlady.jpg

mrchen
Participant
@mrchen

i like the dark kitty

DavidJednat
Participant
@davidjednat
Wardy;106778 wrote:
As for what Adler said that’s when it comes down to everybody’s opinion is different. I personally think that sleeve’s don’t need a theme and i think it look’s awesome congrats 🙂

I agree with this.

DragunRose
Participant
@dragunrose

Thanks guys 🙂

LOL, Amok ever since I started to plan this out I have been calling it the “crazy cat lady” sleeve

Adler
Participant
@adler

I’m still not feeling it but at least the work looks pretty well done. Maybe it’s the squared edges I’m not loving but congrats to you.

DragunRose
Participant
@dragunrose

That’s cool Adler, overall as long as I’m in love with it, that is all that matters, but thanks for congrats 😉

msmercury
Participant
@msmercury

Congrats on your tattoos. The kitties look good. 🙂

DragunRose
Participant
@dragunrose

Thanks msmercury, nice to see another person from Maryland here 🙂

DragunRose
Participant
@dragunrose

More work done today, another crappy picture. Need to get better pics. Another cat portrait added, this one wraps around the back of my leg, hard to get a picture that does not look akward, also had my preexisting ankle tattoo reworked, the knot was there, she added in the torn parchment around it. One more cat portrait to go than finishing touches.

20120218201405.jpg

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 21 total)

You must be logged in to create new topics.