Amok
Participant
@amok

I know someone who would love this tattoo

Panter
Participant
@panter
nastee.nav;97171 wrote:
ARE U STUPID? U GOT A TATTOO OF A DOG ON U..SAY WANT U WANT ABOUT THE QUALITY, BUT DONT TALK TO ME ABOUT CONTENT..

Sorry you didn’t get the replies you were after, but you can’t diss the man’s ink, it’s pretty damn fine IMO

Adler
Participant
@adler
Parademic;97173 wrote:
Maybe post up the original picture

There’s a link to the original pic a few posts earlier, and to be fair the linework in the original sketch is just as horrible as that in the tattoo. So if the OP wanted the terrible linework to match the original that was accomplished but the shading is extremely weak in the tattoo.

buttwheat
Participant
@buttwheat
nastee.nav;97172 wrote:
u guys a buncha snobs, and udder isnt a spelling error, its a completely different word stupid. u peeps need to get a life. a simple comment like “yea its cool” or “no, not feelin it” usually does the trick. but to sit aound and insult peoples art work (not quality of my tattoo, but the original sketch, which is done by a famous, very high demand tattoo/sketch artist) is just f’n stupid. im willing to bet non a u monkeys can sketch, draw, or paint. paying someone to tattoo u dont make u an artist or expert. u just a fashion snob, cuz tattoos just happen to be trendy at the moment. go get laid..

Wow I used the “wrong” word. How many non words did you use here?^^^

enjoy your cookie tattoo.

mrchen
Participant
@mrchen

we really are not mean, problem is most of the ink people are getting is crap, yes most.

you have access to the same world class trophy winning, in the magazine artists that I have, why dont you use them,

everyone in the US has a top artists within a few hundred miles, when marking your body for life this isnt far,

any of you in a big city surely have several top nothc artists to choose from, why do you get shit ink and want us to say sometihng good about it, cant do it man

Josh.jpg

he is your graffiti style, on my right side, by Josh Woods, Black 13 Nashville from the August 2011 issue of Skin and Ink, go get some yourself, hes real good, hes isnt a god, he puts his pants on and earns a living just like we do, book some of the worlds best, it can be done, you can do it

buttwheat
Participant
@buttwheat
nastee.nav;97172 wrote:
paying someone to tattoo u dont make u an artist or expert. ..

No it doesn’t make us an artist but unless we lucked into getting a high quality tattooist it does kinda make us experts. Most of us did extensive research before choosing the right artist for each tattoo that we have.

Briscogun
Participant
@briscogun

No one is wrong here on either side.

Nastee: it’s your tattoo. No one has to like it but you. It may be that the source drawing is by some very famous person and it spoke to you, but just because it’s a nice piece of art that you like doesn’t mean that it will traslate into a great tattoo. The line work in the art is just fine as art, but from an outsiders viewpoint it looks suspect as a tattoo. That was a difficult piece to try and make a nice tattoo out of. But at the end of the day, the only person that has to like it is you. If you’re happy with it, go with that.

And even though some of these messages have gotten a little personal and “nastee” (sorry, had to do it), these folks are trying to give you honest feedback and be helpful to you, even though it may be hard to see because you feel you have to defend your ink. A good artist probably would have had a discussion with you before hand about how that was going to turn out and tried to make suggestions to make it more pleasing to the eye given the medium of tattooing. Maybe they did do that and you didn’t listen, who knows. But there are a lot of bad tattoos out there, and this group gets frustrated seeing them over and over again. Your buddies at the bowling alley won’t. Just know your audience and sort of expect to be given brutal honesty here.

Maybe if you told us why that piece was important to you, and why you felt it would be good for you, it might help us understand your motivation?

nastee.nav
Participant
@nastee-nav
Briscogun;97186 wrote:
No one is wrong here on either side.

Nastee: it’s your tattoo. No one has to like it but you. It may be that the source drawing is by some very famous person and it spoke to you, but just because it’s a nice piece of art that you like doesn’t mean that it will traslate into a great tattoo. The line work in the art is just fine as art, but from an outsiders viewpoint it looks suspect as a tattoo. That was a difficult piece to try and make a nice tattoo out of. But at the end of the day, the only person that has to like it is you. If you’re happy with it, go with that.

And even though some of these messages have gotten a little personal and “nastee” (sorry, had to do it), these folks are trying to give you honest feedback and be helpful to you, even though it may be hard to see because you feel you have to defend your ink. A good artist probably would have had a discussion with you before hand about how that was going to turn out and tried to make suggestions to make it more pleasing to the eye given the medium of tattooing. Maybe they did do that and you didn’t listen, who knows. But there are a lot of bad tattoos out there, and this group gets frustrated seeing them over and over again. Your buddies at the bowling alley won’t. Just know your audience and sort of expect to be given brutal honesty here.

Maybe if you told us why that piece was important to you, and why you felt it would be good for you, it might help us understand your motivation?

im not trying to defend my ink, im trying to understand why people don’t know how to approach a situation properly. face to face non these mf’s would have the balls to say anything. this the first time i been on a forum, and it’s filled with a bunch of insecure princesses. u wanna judge the quality thats ok, i understand its not really good. i feel i should explain im not a fan of hi def shop tattoos. what catches my attention is old, sorta faded tats u see on people who got them when tats werent so trendy. and as for the dog, its great piece of work as far as the tattoos goes, but the content, to me its just a pic of a f’n dog. but thats ok, i dont judge what people decide to draw on their skin. when u come and insult the original art work when u got nothin to show for, u just a c*nt. the graffiti tat posted was great by the way. way to colourful for my taste..and if n e one’s interested the piece symbolises life of hard ship, and the inability to express it. always smiling on the outside, but really hurting on the inside..to all the peeps who’s takin’ shots, learn some social skill. to the rest, thx for being civil.

nastee.nav
Participant
@nastee-nav

quick question, how do i go about withdrawing my membership?

ArniVidar
@arnividar
nastee.nav;97195 wrote:
quick question, how do i go about withdrawing my membership?

As with your getting that tattoo, your membership can’t be withdrawn. You can only choose never to return, which is your choice. I can help you in one thing, however, by closing your threads. Then you won’t be seeing any more replies to them.

Generally speaking you got some very good responses in here, regardless of what you think of them. You must be pretty new to the whole internet experience, because this forum is actually pretty nice compared to most places.

Congratulations on your tattoo, and good luck in your future endeavors outside this forum.

Viewing 11 posts - 31 through 41 (of 41 total)
  • The topic ‘new tattoo!!’ is closed to new replies.