arnoldsantos1
Participant
@arnoldsantos1

It’s not bad for what it is. The shading is a little flat but it’s still a readable tattoo and it looks like it will hold over time. I wouldn’t sweat it.

anonymous
Participant
@anonymous

Poor line work, terrible shading, and I notice that the “artist” couldn’t even shave your arm properly before getting started. p.s. My wife (sitting about 10 ft behind me) looked up from her work and askled me “Why did he get a tattoo of a chocolate chip cookie?”

nastee.nav
Participant
@nastee-nav
arnoldsantos1;97109 wrote:
It’s not bad for what it is. The shading is a little flat but it’s still a readable tattoo and it looks like it will hold over time. I wouldn’t sweat it.

im not, i like it. not a big fan of hi-def shop tats. ill get the shading touch’d up but otherwise no complaints.
has anybody actually seen the original drawing cuz to me it look pretty accurate.

nastee.nav
Participant
@nastee-nav

people here are very insulting. if you know graffiti street style art, youd understand why the line are thicker and thinner different parts.

anonymous
Participant
@anonymous
nastee.nav;97119 wrote:
im not, i like it. not a big fan of hi-def shop tats. ill get the shading touch’d up but otherwise no complaints.
has anybody actually seen the original drawing cuz to me it look pretty accurate.

Well, no worries – yours looks like it was done in someone’s kitchen, not a shop.

I haven’t seen the reference image. Did you post it? Regardless, the line work is still quite bad. The entire outline is a mess. You can clearly see where he made straight lines when they should have been rounded. There are numerous spots where the lines extend outside the main outline. The lines are shaky throughout the entire tattoo. It’s just a bad tattoo. As long as you like it though, then it doesn’t matter how bad it is.

nastee.nav;97121 wrote:
people here are very insulting. if you know graffiti street style art, youd understand why the line are thicker and thinner different parts.

Most of us have been very polite. If you didn’t want to hear the truth, you shouldn’t have posted here. The opinions have nothing to do with the style of the image. The work is simply bad.

JENerationX
Participant
@jenerationx
D3FiANC3;97114 wrote:
Poor line work, terrible shading, and I notice that the “artist” couldn’t even shave your arm properly before getting started. p.s. My wife (sitting about 10 ft behind me) looked up from her work and askled me “Why did he get a tattoo of a chocolate chip cookie?”

Ya know… a chocolate chip cookie tatt would be cool.

Adler
Participant
@adler

Please post a pic of the original reference. Thanks

Briscogun
Participant
@briscogun

Try this thread, he posted it earlier before he got it.

Fairly true to the original?

anonymous
Participant
@anonymous

The original sketch is indeed bad, but the tattoo is worse. He made “chocolate chips” where there should have only been light shading and the line work is still very shaky. Now I’m wondering how anyone could look at that original sketch and think “Wow! I need to get that on me!” 😡

Briscogun
Participant
@briscogun

Well, I’ve seen worse… (at least it’s not a bad flaming phoenix) 😉

It’s not my choice for tattoo of the year, either, but if he likes it and it means something to him, who cares? You’re right, the source material isn’t great, though.

buttwheat
Participant
@buttwheat
nastee.nav;97094 wrote:
correct me if i’m wrong but i think its spelled utter no udder unless there’s a pun somewhere in there?!

Oh shit you have shamed me I misspelled a word and it is permanently placed on the walls of the tattoo forum.

You are right it is a great tattoo I was just being mean for the sake of being mean. I’m sorry please go on and enjoy your chocolate chip cookie tattoo.

buttwheat
Participant
@buttwheat

This would have made a kick ass tattoo

moon_eclip_sun_lines.jpg

BoltThrower
Participant
@boltthrower

Holy shit this tattoo makes me hungry for chocolate chip cookies

nastee.nav
Participant
@nastee-nav

@D3FiANC3 97147 wrote:

The original sketch is indeed bad, but the tattoo is worse. He made “chocolate chips” where there should have only been light shading and the line work is still very shaky. Now I’m wondering how anyone could look at that original sketch and think “Wow! I need to get that on me!” :x[/QUOTE

ARE U STUPID? U GOT A TATTOO OF A DOG ON U..SAY WANT U WANT ABOUT THE QUALITY, BUT DONT TALK TO ME ABOUT CONTENT..

nastee.nav
Participant
@nastee-nav

u guys a buncha snobs, and udder isnt a spelling error, its a completely different word stupid. u peeps need to get a life. a simple comment like “yea its cool” or “no, not feelin it” usually does the trick. but to sit aound and insult peoples art work (not quality of my tattoo, but the original sketch, which is done by a famous, very high demand tattoo/sketch artist) is just f’n stupid. im willing to bet non a u monkeys can sketch, draw, or paint. paying someone to tattoo u dont make u an artist or expert. u just a fashion snob, cuz tattoos just happen to be trendy at the moment. go get laid..

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 41 total)
  • The topic ‘new tattoo!!’ is closed to new replies.