DonTonberry
Participant
@dontonberry

Hey. I am new to all this and pretty new to tattooing. I went to get my first today, and was overy excited and pretty nervous. It was a pretty geeky tattoo but I love it, the only thing is…
Well a word is wrong. It’s supposed to be ‘truth’ instead of ‘trust’, I mean they both fit pretty well but I am a little bit of a perfectionist.
Don’t get me wrong I absolutely love it, I was just wondering if it’s possible for the ‘st’ to change to a ‘th’?
Thanks. (:

That’s it there anyways.

http://tinypic.com/r/311rrbs/7

Wardy
Participant
@wardy

Welcome to the forum 🙂 I can’t believe he put a different word haha. i think it will be kind of hard to change it as it will have to be bigger and will stand out a whole lot more

DonTonberry
Participant
@dontonberry

Don’t laugh… 😛
I do really like it, but it’s oh so slightly annoying. I know a few tattooists so I’ll ask them what they think. I mean I was going to get some vines around it so maybe they could cover it up? I dunno.
I’m just a bit of an OCD freak. :’)

Amok
Participant
@amok

was it your tattooists fault? is so, ask him if he can fix it.

DonTonberry
Participant
@dontonberry

I remember saying truth to him, but I reckon I should have checked it over after he put the transfer on so I’m taking the blame for this one.
I’m not too sure if it can be fixed that’s what I was sort of asking… :/

Amok
Participant
@amok

not sure if it can be fixed while still looking uniform with the rest of the text, but you might be able to find an artist who can fix it.

best thing to do is to take your arm into a few shops, starting with the original one, and ask them. maybe one of the artists on this forum will know. good luck mate

DonTonberry
Participant
@dontonberry

I want to add to it at a later date, with thorns and vines and what not.
There are a few shops I know and I’ll ask about… I’m not too sure about going back into the original shop because I’ll feel stupid. :’)

Dipland
Participant
@dipland

It sounds like you may need to work a little on being “a little bit of a perfectionist”.

JK – given the circumstance of first tattoo, I can see how you would miss it, especially with so many words.

Was this done at a shop?

DonTonberry
Participant
@dontonberry
Dipland;95816 wrote:
It sounds like you may need to work a little on being “a little bit of a perfectionist”.

JK – given the circumstance of first tattoo, I can see how you would miss it, especially with so many words.

Was this done at a shop?

What?
Yeah I had it done at a shop. I know I should have checked it, but I just sort of wanted it done.

buttwheat
Participant
@buttwheat

311rrbs.jpg

Sorry man sucks to have it wrong. didn’t you notice it when he put the stencil on and asked if this is OK?
I have to ask was this done professionally in a shop?

anonymous
Participant
@anonymous

Evils of trust? That sounds pretty ridiculous tbh. :/ That is 100% scratcher-quality work right there. Even if he didn’t use the wrong word, the quality of the work is just very, very poor. Anyway, I don’t think you’re going to be able to fix it unfortunately, but in any case, I would recommend staying far away from the “artist” that did this.

Adler
Participant
@adler
D3FiANC3;95822 wrote:
Evils of trust? That sounds pretty ridiculous tbh. :/ That is 100% scratcher-quality work right there. Even if he didn’t use the wrong word, the quality of the work is just very, very poor. Anyway, I don’t think you’re going to be able to fix it unfortunately, but in any case, I would recommend staying far away from the “artist” that did this.

What he said. No matter what words were used or not, this is a bad tattoo in a visible spot. I just don’t know what some people are thinking with these long quotes, and this one is especially bad.

DonTonberry
Participant
@dontonberry

I did check it over but it was my first, so I just said yeah and wanted it over and done with. Stupid mistake I know. The guy who did it was awesome, and it was professionally done. I’ve asked another guy who said it could be covered up but would be hard to change. I’m thinking of some thorns and vines around it all so that wouldn’t make it too hard to cover.
I totally love it though, even if it is slightly wrong.

DonTonberry
Participant
@dontonberry
Adler;95824 wrote:
What he said. No matter what words were used or not, this is a bad tattoo in a visible spot. I just don’t know what some people are thinking with these long quotes, and this one is especially bad.

As I said I’m not an expert, I’m only asking for advice, not to be told the quality (how ever bad it is) or to be patronised. It’s nothing to do with the quote, only the fact the last two letters of a word is wrong.
All I was asking if it was possible to have it covered or at least attempted to be changed without looking ridiculous.

buttwheat
Participant
@buttwheat
DonTonberry;95829 wrote:
The guy who did it was awesome, and it was professionally done. .

Seriously? That is one of the worst tattoos I’ve seen in awhile.
Really man I’m sorry but that is a very bad tattoo and you need to go and kick the guys teeth in that did that did that to you.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 23 total)

You must be logged in to create new topics.