Parademic
Participant
@parademic

There is no way it’ll look anything like leopard print. Maybe in the sketch it does, but when it’s actually tattoo’d it wont look anything like it. I think it’s a good idea.

xiaomiao
Participant
@xiaomiao
Dave Van;91116 wrote:
It’s not suction cups, man. Look up the blue ringed octopus and you’ll see that it is really a stunningly beautiful marking on this creature. I think it could look unbelievable.

No, I know what it’s supposed to be – I just quoted someone too fast. I think the blue ringed octopus is beautiful, but I’m saying that it might end up looking like blue lepoard spots or something. To most people.

PS. I’m not a guy. I’m a hot chick too! 😎

Parademic
Participant
@parademic

blueringedoctopus.jpg

leopard_606_600x450.jpg

I do not see the resemblance anywhere.

Odonata
Participant
@odonata

i get what your saying – i am going to get my husband to paint a section on so i can see a bit better how the print will look on my figure. close up and from the other side of the room , also will help determine the size of the rings . i have an alternative idea but it is less unique in that is is a swirling pattern has a different attitude all together- i like both ideas and am short a body so will have to decide – i think if it works out tho i would love the print.
i hope that the fact they are even and complete circles in each with two shades rather than the mottles effect will make it obvious they aren’t leopard print

Odonata
Participant
@odonata

more development –
1) this is done in water colour
2) i need to work on the shading component and decide weather or not would actually have it
3) final design isn’t going on my arm at all
4) obviously a tattoo artist will do a better job in general

ok so just did this to clear up what i am thinking it will look like actually on the skin , rather than drawn on a sketched figure or PS’d on at a distance.

does it just look like blue leopard print or in general just shit when translated from a drawing to work on skin

Dave Van
Participant
@dave-van

I was thinking rings like this would be sharp, and if you make them the extremely varied sizes as in your sketch, I think it would look killer.

Blue-Ringed-Octopus.jpg

Dave Van
Participant
@dave-van

I guess that’s what you have, just a much more vibrant blue.

Odonata
Participant
@odonata
Dave Van;91206 wrote:
I guess that’s what you have, just a much more vibrant blue.

unfortunately there is now way of actually having the luminescence in the colour as the actual animal does

basically in the darkest sections there will be larger and darker rings , or brighter , and as the pattern fades out in its section the colour will dull and lighten and the rings get smaller

all rings will have a darker outline ring and a slightly thicker bright blue inner ring and the darkest might also have the plumby colour shading around them also

Dave Van
Participant
@dave-van
Odonata;91207 wrote:
unfortunately there is now way of actually having the luminescence in the colour as the actual animal does

basically in the darkest sections there will be larger and darker rings , or brighter , and as the pattern fades out in its section the colour will dull and lighten and the rings get smaller

all rings will have a darker outline ring and a slightly thicker bright blue inner ring and the darkest might also have the plumby colour shading around them also

Well, you can’t get actual luminescence without going to a black light ink, but a good artist with the right ink could still get it pretty close, I believe.

Odonata
Participant
@odonata

and so i wouldn’t look like a frostbitten leopard or like i am out of Avatar

Dave Van
Participant
@dave-van

Frost bitten leopard. 😀 That’s a good one, your husband come up with that?

Odonata
Participant
@odonata

WTF? lol no – i’m one of those insane new fangled women who can think for them self .

ArniVidar
@arnividar
Odonata;91204 wrote:
does it just look like blue leopard print or in general just shit when translated from a drawing to work on skin

No leopard print, no, but that does look like shit.

Odonata
Participant
@odonata
ArniVidar;91228 wrote:
No leopard print, no, but that does look like shit.

any input on how you’d fix it

ArniVidar
@arnividar

Sorry, no, I can’t picture it ever looking anything but bad 🙁

Viewing 15 posts - 31 through 45 (of 45 total)

You must be logged in to create new topics.