Odonata
Participant
@odonata
Dave Van;90768 wrote:
That is freakin hot! Wish I could be the artist on that one! :p Just wondering if that much blue might make you look like a character from “Avatar” tho.

hmmmm good point – i liked the movie but not that much and not for the graphics funny enough .

i wonder too if the blue would go with being a redhead as much … hence the purple- but i have see some beautiful blue tattoos and i have seen some total fails in purple – so maybe thats why i am cautious of the purple –
the blue is a lil more true to the octopus, which might be good seeing the ring pattern is not as much with the different sizes . of cause inspiration is inspiration and doesn’t need to be obvious – i think i need to play around with what looks good on my body

you make a good point tho i would get agitated by people associating me with a popular film like that .

i think i tend to like blue when i see it (i am hard to please with colour tattoos i just often dont like them -but my taste obviously gears towards a more graphic style than pictorial too) but feel the purples are a safer option .

i wouldn’t want it to look like a rash or anything either ….

buttwheat
Participant
@buttwheat

Hi Welcome. I can’t see the dragonfly tattoo well enough to say if it is good or not. I’m not to sure on the octopus suction cup idea. Kinda of just looks or will look like one of the many leopard print tattoos out there.
Smokin hot body btw.:)

Odonata
Participant
@odonata

hmmm i’ll see if i can get a better – closer shot .of the dragonfly.

and just to be nit pickey, its not suction cups the pattern is based on but the enraged flushing of a blue ring octopus (still result in circles tho… but bright ones.) tumblr_leixnfJ0WB1qftikio1_400.jpg
hmm it does bother me a little that people might think it a leopard print

Dave Van
Participant
@dave-van
Odonata;90792 wrote:
and just to be nit pickey, its not suction cups the pattern is based on but the enraged flushing of a blue ring octopus (still result in circles tho… but bright ones.)t

Oh, go ahead and nitpick Buttwheat all you want. God knows he does enough of that to everyone else! That’s why I like him so much! 😀

Dave Van
Participant
@dave-van

Also, if you are intending to do the black outline around the blue, like in the pic, that would seriously keep you from looking like an Avatar char. That is one freaky lookin’ octo, btw.

yodaddynukka
Participant
@yodaddynukka

i dont think anyone will know that you are going for the octopus look and most everyone that sees it will ask you what it is. but good luck, i would love to see the finished product.

Dave Van
Participant
@dave-van

First of all, I have noticed that most people don’t ask squat about your ink, and second of all, isn’t that really the whole idea behind a tattoo? Well yeah, a personal statement, but also a conversation piece? I love when people ask me about my tats. Not because they are great, but just because it’s a way to learn more about each other. (I know, this from the guy who hates people. Hey, we all gotta share this wretched planet.)

Odonata
Participant
@odonata
yodaddynukka;90808 wrote:
i dont think anyone will know that you are going for the octopus look and most everyone that sees it will ask you what it is. but good luck, i would love to see the finished product.

thats ok it doesn’t need to be obvious, a lot more Aussies will get it than other people and mostly i dont care but i do rather it be obvious it isnt leopard – kinda i dont mind if people dont what what it IS as long as we are fort the most part confident on what it ISN’T

Odonata
Participant
@odonata
Dave Van;90805 wrote:
Also, if you are intending to do the black outline around the blue, like in the pic, that would seriously keep you from looking like an Avatar char. That is one freaky lookin’ octo, btw.

they dont always flush in the brown but – what you need to do is go and look up a video of a blue ring octopus-
they are little and beautiful and the blue is so toxic and bright , it moves in an attempt to either confuse or stun a predictor or more importantly prey. like all fascinatingly beautiful things this gracious planet offers us they are venomous . and without immediate hospitalisation can be deadly . they release a nuro toxin that paralyses, starting with muscle function and sight and extending to paralysing the respiratory system, you suffocate concious. there isnt an anti venom, basically those who survive do so by waiting out the toxin , on a respirator

i was thinking in the central and darkest parts of the pattern to have a plumish shading rather than an outline around it to really make the blue pop. otherwise it is a darker blue with a vibrant blue inner ring . both the colours will lighten towards the outter areas of the sections like its fading into the skin
believe it or not i am kind of going to subtle …. like its not a tattoo , more just skin markings .

Dave Van
Participant
@dave-van
Odonata;90827 wrote:
they dont always flush in the brown but – what you need to do is go and look up a video of a blue ring octopus-
they are little and beautiful and the blue is so toxic and bright , it moves in an attempt to either confuse or stun a predictor or more importantly prey. like all fascinatingly beautiful things this gracious planet offers us they are venomous . and without immediate hospitalisation can be deadly . they release a nuro toxin that paralyses, starting with muscle function and sight and extending to paralysing the respiratory system, you suffocate concious. there isnt an anti venom, basically those who survive do so by waiting out the toxin , on a respirator

i was thinking in the central and darkest parts of the pattern to have a plumish shading rather than an outline around it to really make the blue pop. otherwise it is a darker blue with a vibrant blue inner ring . both the colours will lighten towards the outter areas of the sections like its fading into the skin
believe it or not i am kind of going to subtle …. like its not a tattoo , more just skin markings .

That is quite possibly the hottest thing I have ever read. You are quite a fascinating animal, Odonata.

Odonata
Participant
@odonata

ha ha we all like a bit of sensory deprivation and asphyxiation

Dave Van
Participant
@dave-van

lol just ask David Carradine and Micheal Hutchence! 😀

Wardy
Participant
@wardy
Dave Van;90820 wrote:
First of all, I have noticed that most people don’t ask squat about your ink, and second of all, isn’t that really the whole idea behind a tattoo? Well yeah, a personal statement, but also a conversation piece? I love when people ask me about my tats. Not because they are great, but just because it’s a way to learn more about each other. (I know, this from the guy who hates people. Hey, we all gotta share this wretched planet.)

I also love it when people talk to you about you’re tattoo’s. I was in Asda just a couple of days ago and the security guard on the door said to me “them fingers look fresh” because i just had them touched up. He had two full sleeves and 2 hand pieces with hes fingers done and he’s neck and we got talking ended up talking for around 20minutes about ink asking each other what we have planned next etc.

xiaomiao
Participant
@xiaomiao
buttwheat;90782 wrote:
I’m not to sure on the octopus suction cup idea. Kinda of just looks or will look like one of the many leopard print tattoos out there.

That was my first thought too. Personally, I’m thinking that’s just one of those things that look better on paper than in reality. From what I can see of the dragonfly, it looks really nice, though.

Dave Van
Participant
@dave-van
xiaomiao;91112 wrote:
That was my first thought too. Personally, I’m thinking that’s just one of those things that look better on paper than in reality. From what I can see of the dragonfly, it looks really nice, though.

It’s not suction cups, man. Look up the blue ringed octopus and you’ll see that it is really a stunningly beautiful marking on this creature. I think it could look unbelievable.

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 45 total)

You must be logged in to create new topics.