Odonata
Participant
@odonata

thought i would post a pic of my not quite year old dragonfly. it is to be accompanied by sections of pattern inspired by blue ring octopus , that will run in two lines either side of my spine from the side of my head down my neck ending mid thigh , and on the front just under my collarbone , under bust(in a triangle like form over my ribs , and upward from my hip – still saving and still not exactly 100% on it potential for a heavy swirl pattern to take the place of the rings

Dave Van
Participant
@dave-van

Welcome! Very nice, hope to see more of you! 😉 Oh, the tat’s pretty nice, too! :p

Odonata
Participant
@odonata

this is believe it or not the only image i have of it – there are others taken but i haven’t received copies of these off the photographers. unfortunately the tail is a lil squished from the way my back is bent but you get the idea

Wardy
Participant
@wardy

nice tattoo ! welcome to the forum!

Odonata
Participant
@odonata

thanks man, i have seen you be rather brutally honest before ….
i really enjoyed getting it and it was a HUGE step for me to trust my design and my body to another person. artist was fantastic tho and the rest is going to be an even bigger deal as i am sure most of it is actually going to be freehanded and completely up to the artist, – scary but freeing in a way and really in the nature of the experience –
but i am poor and cant afford it yet….

Dave Van
Participant
@dave-van
Odonata;90755 wrote:
thanks man, i have seen you be rather brutally honest before ….

lol Yeah, I’m a dick, but I just can’t let people wonder if I’m just being nice. 😀

Wardy
Participant
@wardy

Yeah Dave’s a dick but we love him 😀

Odonata
Participant
@odonata

ha ha nah honest is good . tomorrow i’ll post a sketch of my blue ring idea and you can rip it to shreds, i don’t care – i’ll get it anyway

Dave Van
Participant
@dave-van
Odonata;90760 wrote:
ha ha nah honest is good . tomorrow i’ll post a sketch of my blue ring idea and you can rip it to shreds, i don’t care – i’ll get it anyway

lol Nice! You’re gonna get along just fine here. 🙂

Odonata
Participant
@odonata

ok so this is just a rough sketch of where and the concept of the blue ring octopus print i want . i almost think i want it in blue and brighter blue , but might think bout purple too….. i have pix of more detail what the rings are like …. and the pattern will fade out in colour as it reaches the tips of each section – better pic of that to come also – but they are in purple

Wardy
Participant
@wardy

i can’t see it coming together, draw it on your body for a better idea please 😉 :rolleyes::cool::D

Odonata
Participant
@odonata

yeah , cause thats actually possible , 1 i dont have anything that will paint or colour my skin and 2 how am i sposed to see and draw on my own shoulder blades?

might get my husband to run a test tho, will put up photos of that if he does. you’re out of luck cuz i photoshopped it onto some of my modelling pics but didnt save them as jpeg. files and a fought night ago had to wipe my comp and sadly dont have photoshop back yet so cant access the files …..

rough sketches will have to do for now

Odonata
Participant
@odonata

ok so i worked out how to fix the file, lol ,
this was done when i was still in the first concept type phase of the lay out. so not exactly but you can get an idea now the kind of thing i am going for – rather than off my crappy drawings

Dave Van
Participant
@dave-van

That is freakin hot! Wish I could be the artist on that one! :p Just wondering if that much blue might make you look like a character from “Avatar” tho.

Dave Van
Participant
@dave-van

Oh, and your drawings are great, btw.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 45 total)

You must be logged in to create new topics.