NeverBSatisfied
Participant
@neverbsatisfied

Almost finished with my Superman tat. Been awhile since I updated this, but I figured I’d give you guys an update. Got it done 2 weeks ago, which would finish the half sleeve with the metallic like Superman symbols at the elbow-lower level of my arm. Still got to go to the inside of the arm to finish the total half sleeve but I’m going to give the arm time to breath and maybe finish it after summer.

totaltat.jpg

img8316g.jpg

For the inside of my arm, I’m thinking about where it all started with the Superman mytho’s and having the Krypton exploding scene with Superman’s rocket flying towards Earth.

Feedback welcome, good or bad.

Thanks guys,
-NeverBSatisfied

Wardy
Participant
@wardy

right im being honest but 2 words describe this…

“Fucking Awesome” … that is actually class dude!!!

NeverBSatisfied
Participant
@neverbsatisfied
WardyInk;85338 wrote:
right im being honest but 2 words describe this…

“Fucking Awesome” … that is actually class dude!!!

Thanks dude! That means a lot. I put a lot of time into this since at first it was all messed up before I got it all fixed up. Appreciate it to hear good feedback.:cool:

Wardy
Participant
@wardy

you certainly dont have to worry about bad feed back its awesome and very unique! you dont have to worry about somebody else having it thats for sure

buttwheat
Participant
@buttwheat

Looks good man. just not loving the skeletor face on Superman.

NeverBSatisfied
Participant
@neverbsatisfied
buttwheat;85363 wrote:
Looks good man. just not loving the skeletor face on Superman.

I def see what you’re saying. Unfortunately this piece needed to be salvaged.

The backstory to this is that my family had a loyal artist in my area who everyone always went to so I was comfortable with this artist to perform a cover-up tribal piece with Superman.

Long story short, I was so underwhelmed with the terribleness of the job he did to me that I left in mid-session and decided to do research and find the artist to do the right job.

My artist now had to salvage the face, which looked zombie-esh so she didn’t have much to work with, but overall I think it was salvaged the best way it could have been. Maybe I’ll have more work done to his face to improve but I’m happy with the final product.
Here’s the before and after of the Superman with the terrible artist and my new artist.

supeside.jpg

You can probably see why I left in mid-session with that douche who opted to ink me (if you could tell, my new artist managed to work on his hand as well if you look above.)
I’ll probably have it touched up multiple more times before it’s all said and done.

Adler
Participant
@adler

Overall it’s pretty good. I’m also not liking the face, and the hands and right arm look a litle off, too. But congrats, man, it’s definitely better than it was.

ArniVidar
@arnividar

It’s a cover-up, and probably the best it could ever have been, considering what was there before.

buttwheat
Participant
@buttwheat

Now seeing the before pics that is way fucking better Congrats man.

NeverBSatisfied
Participant
@neverbsatisfied

Thanks, guys. I was a little down about it considering I wanted a kickass piece that was ruined what the FULL potential COULD have been but I’m not worrying about that any longer. Like Arnividar said, considering what there was to work with, this turned out the best it could have ever been which I’m happy with. I get a lot of compliments as well so that feels pretty good. Still not done yet so I’ll update it later-later on, maybe in the next couple months to pop in and show you guys.

yodaddynukka
Participant
@yodaddynukka

The chrome/metal superman logos came out real nice. Congrats on finally almost finishing the piece!

Sinnaere
Participant
@sinnaere

Knowing the whole story, I can definitely appreciate it more than when I just saw the initial picture. That is a really awesome piece and like was said above, the metal logos turned out pretty nicely.

maniacthw
Participant
@maniacthw

On your other arm, do a Green Lantern piece :D. It’s much better than my shitty Punisher skull.

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)

You must be logged in to create new topics.