caza98
Participant
@caza98

Alright, just wandering what people think of getting a headphone tattoo around my neck/upper shoulders (Like where headphones would normally rest). Any thoughts on this would be appreciated! Thanks.

goldengraemes
Participant
@goldengraemes

Sounds a bit gay to be honest. Sorry just my opinion.

KnightHawk
Participant
@knighthawk

While the concept sounds good on paper, I really don’t think that that imagery would work out very well as an actual tattoo. It just sounds like it wouldn’t translate from three dimensional to two dimensional very well.

goldengraemes wrote:
Sounds a bit gay to be honest. Sorry just my opinion.

Dude, not cool. Using gay to describe something you don’t approve of is a seriously dick move. It implies that there’s something wrong with being homosexual. While it’s not a big thing, we in the West live in a culture that tells homosexuals that they’re less than people, less than citizens, and less than human every single day, in ways both big and small. Crap like you just did piles up, causing the epidemic of homosexuals suicides we’ve been seeing among teens lately.

So don’t fucking do that. It ain’t cool.

Love. Peace. Metallica.

Gsouder
Participant
@gsouder

This sounds like one of those stoner ideas that someone comes up with in the middle of the night thinking it would be really cool only to realize how completely retarded the idea was only seconds after they ink is dry.

So, in summery, my thoughts are that you should come up with a better tattoo.

inkydream
Participant
@inkydream

Last month I was in a shop and saw a T-shirt with the headphones on shoulder print. I liked it a lot but when I wore it it looked really non-attractive so in my opinion this is a bad idea…

caza98
Participant
@caza98

Thanks guy, I’m always unsure if my tattoo ideas are original or just stupid! lol I asked some of my mates and they all agreed that it wasn’t a good idea. Back to the drawing board… lol

yodaddynukka
Participant
@yodaddynukka

why dont you just get a music themed sleeve?

caza98
Participant
@caza98
yodaddynukka;76439 wrote:
why dont you just get a music themed sleeve?

I was thinking that, but the problem I have is finding inspiration for it. I know what time of music I like (Obviously), but translating that into a tattoo is a different story… Does anyone have any links to examples of a music based sleeve for ideas?

Thanks

Gsouder
Participant
@gsouder

Once thing I have not see too much of would be an abstract translation of a piece of music. It would unfold up the arm with the cleft at the bottom and the lines twisting around and up the arm but it would get really spacey with all kinds of cool little elements put into the graining of the the tat. For me, it would have skulls and other creepy thing but you would have to pick what would go in there. Jut make sure the music is there and makes sense- you could play with the size and shape of the notes, turn them into little trees or people or objects, the lines could turn into a tree graining in the middle some where.

You’d have to find the right artist to pull it off but I think it could be a really amazing idea if done right.

goldengraemes
Participant
@goldengraemes
KnightHawk;76406 wrote:
While the concept sounds good on paper, I really don’t think that that imagery would work out very well as an actual tattoo. It just sounds like it wouldn’t translate from three dimensional to two dimensional very well.

Dude, not cool. Using gay to describe something you don’t approve of is a seriously dick move. It implies that there’s something wrong with being homosexual. While it’s not a big thing, we in the West live in a culture that tells homosexuals that they’re less than people, less than citizens, and less than human every single day, in ways both big and small. Crap like you just did piles up, causing the epidemic of homosexuals suicides we’ve been seeing among teens lately.

So don’t fucking do that. It ain’t cool.

Love. Peace. Metallica.

Wow thats heavy I will use whatever language I like, if it offends you so be it.
I think it is a GAY idea so there:D

ArniVidar
@arnividar

It does not offend me when people use the word gay in stead of words like weird or silly or wrong or something like that.. it just shows how stupid those people are.

Oh, sorry, it shows how gay those people are.

KnightHawk
Participant
@knighthawk
goldengraemes;76621 wrote:
Wow thats heavy I will use whatever language I like, if it offends you so be it.
I think it is a GAY idea so there:D

The fact that it offends me is besides the point. The point is why would you insist on being a homophobic dickhead? If I decided it was okay to call everything I disapprove of as nigger, would we even be having this conversation? Nope. You’d call me a racist asshole, and what with this shaved head of mine, I’d have a hard time arguing it.

Dislike a person all you like. Shit on every individual to your heart’s content–Lord knows *I* do. But adding to the problems of a people as a whole is indefensible.

You know what I hate? People who use their freedoms without taking up the associated responsibilities. You’re free to own a gun, but you’re responsible to know how to use it safely and to store it in a fashion that prevents children from reaching it. You’re free to express your religion, but you have the responsibility to protect someone else’s beliefs, even if they’re diametrically opposed to yours. You’re free to say what you want, but you have the responsibility to realize that words have consequences, and right now, the consequences of using the word gay as a substitute for silly, stupid, or what have you is a bunch of dead teenagers.

So I guess what I’m saying is fuck you, you pompous dickhead.

Love. Peace. Metallica.

ArniVidar
@arnividar
KnightHawk;76665 wrote:
If I decided it was okay to call everything I disapprove of as nigger, would we even be having this conversation? Nope. You’d call me a racist asshole

Exactly!

Although the two words are quite dissimilar in nature, history and use, your point is very much valid.

goldengraemes
Participant
@goldengraemes

Sorry I should have said it was a retarded idea sorry.:eek:

irishman301
Participant
@irishman301

I honestly think that it sounds like a cool idea, however it is PERMANENT and it is on your NECK…..so you may want to put a whole lot of thought into it before actually doing it.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 41 total)
  • The topic ‘Headphones’ is closed to new replies.