xxallonblack
Participant
@xxallonblack

So i got my half sleeve started a month ago and i should be going this saturday or the following saturday to get the color started and im so excited, but here are a couple pictures,

29ngw87.jpg
2vt4ppc.jpg
1j9dtk.jpg
2ytp637.jpg

It starts at the bottom with 3 poinsettias, then there is a dead tree that roots under the flowers, and wraps up my arm and around my shoulder with the branches hanging over the moon. The background will be a stormy nightish kind of filler, and the poinsettias will be colored in red, and the tree will have earthy kinds of brown and green and the rest will be black and grey 🙂

xxallonblack
Participant
@xxallonblack

Damn no one had anything to say? I figured after almost 3 days someone would have said something.

queenisis
Participant
@queenisis

i think its pretty sweet. cant wait to see the red put in…should really make it pop. is there any special meaning to the piece?

southern_rebel_rose
Participant
@southern_rebel_rose

I am having a hard time “seeing” the whole piece without the color. 🙂

I can’t wait to see how it looks once you get it colored in!

TaherH
Participant
@taherh

Looks awesome. Did you come up with and draw the idea by yourself?

xxallonblack
Participant
@xxallonblack

I went to go see my artist on Friday and he said it isn’t completely healed and he doesn’t want to take a chance of it getting infected so we’re waiting until next Saturday at 3 to start the color and the background filling. I did not draw the idea by myself, I was originally looking to go with just red and the rest in black and gray but Erik (my artist) said it will look so much better if we threw some blue around the moon and added some earthy tones to the tree and just kept the background in black. I really liked poinsettias because i was thinking about a piece with a storm and having something indicating a sort of purity and something still living, or popping, from the storm so i chose a flower that means purity to me. One of my favorite songs has the lyrics “a poinsettia in poison rain” and it gave me this idea. I started looking for some tattoos in black and red and found a few i really liked and emailed them to Erik. I also saw a lot of tattoos that had trees that i really thought looked wicked and i thought of another song that says “sweet blasphemy, my giving tree, it hasn’t rained in years” and i liked the irony in that and figured all of these 3 ideas of the storm, poinsettia and a tree could look really cool. So to me it means a lot that he can make something i thought was a good idea and turn it into something i really love. I just cant wait to see the flowers pop out of the storm!

Gsouder
Participant
@gsouder

I agree with Rebel- I saw this a couple of days ago and I couldn’t really make out what it is yet. I’m stoked though, when it comes together I think it will look way cool

xxallonblack
Participant
@xxallonblack

Behind the poinsettias is a tree, ill post some new pics on saturday when i go in and get the color added 🙂

southern_rebel_rose
Participant
@southern_rebel_rose

Can’t wait to see it!!!! I’m going to be setting up my appointment to get my tattoo finished and am super stoked about it!

I can relate to you though with your artist taking your idea and turning into something you love. Cause my artist did the same thing for mine. I took him my basic, original thought and he created something I never could have come up with on my own and I LOVE it!

xxallonblack
Participant
@xxallonblack

I know im so excited to get the color done this saturday i know it’s going to look amazing. I’m going to update this thread with pictures as soon as i get home!

Gsouder
Participant
@gsouder
xxallonblack;75794 wrote:
I know im so excited to get the color done this saturday i know it’s going to look amazing. I’m going to update this thread with pictures as soon as i get home!

Can’t wait!

toxictruthx3
Participant
@toxictruthx3

very cool tattoo. cant wait to see what it looks like finished!

KnightHawk
Participant
@knighthawk

The outline’s looking kinda slick, but until you get more done, it’s gonna be hard to tell.

Love. Peace. Metallica.

yodaddynukka
Participant
@yodaddynukka

the line work is a lil inconsistent, but i cant wait to see the finished product!

xxallonblack
Participant
@xxallonblack

i went today for my second session, i got the poinsettias filled in and the clouds done for the background. here are some pics from a few minutes ago with the bandage still on 🙂

2nav28p.jpg
2r2pv9z.jpg
258no81.jpg

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 37 total)

You must be logged in to create new topics.