NeverBSatisfied
Participant
@neverbsatisfied

Just got back from my 3rd session for the Superman tattoo. Today, we worked on the background and the night sky’s Superman symbols. Turned out very well. Love the pinks and purples, they mesh perfectly to my liking. Superman’s scaring is about a month away from touching up.

I bleed like CRAZY, and I mean drip. My tattooist said I’m easily top 3 of bleeders she’s ever seen. Wonder why I bleed so much?

Time in the chair: 4 hours/full session.
Left to go: 1-2 sessions. Next will be the Superman “swoosh” and a water effect to finish the lower half.
Total hours so far: 12 hours.

bastc.jpg
backround2i.jpg
backround3copy.jpg

Ecstatic with the progress so far. Can’t wait til the finished piece.

Butterfly
Participant
@butterfly-2

cool idea with the superman logos 😎 million times better than when you 1st came here with the original tattoo

ontwo
Participant
@ontwo

Shaping up nicely

NeverBSatisfied
Participant
@neverbsatisfied

I’m not going to lie, this was the most pain I’ve been put through yet, and quite frankly, can’t wait til the finished piece is over and done with. I bleed so bad, that they have to stop, pat the tat down for several seconds and go back to it. She said once she puts the ink in, it INSTANTLY bleeds back out. Because of this, this forced her to virtually go over the same spot, 7-8 times, and fuck was it painful. 4 hours of this had me swayin.

That said, it’ll be worth it!

vizzielover
Participant
@vizzielover

Oh wow, love the choce of colours, it’s so bright and cheerful – you must be really pleased with it, I know I would be.

ryannnnn
Participant
@ryannnnn

pretty badass mayne

Ben1985
Participant
@ben1985

All be worth it in the end mate. It’s coming along really well.

Sherav
Participant
@sherav

I know what you mean about the bleeding and pain – but looking at that well worth the sacrifice.

Looking great.

Take Care
Matthew

NeverBSatisfied
Participant
@neverbsatisfied

Thanks for the positive reply’s, it’s def come a long way. Once finished, I’ll post the whole progress, starting from the bad to the great.

We are going to try to finish very quickly now, no more waiting 2 months to go back at it, we are going 2 week intervals from here on out, which should only be 1-2 sessions to go. Can’t wait.

Infamous78
Participant
@infamous78

That looks great. I’ve been wanting some Superman ink for a very long time now. I just don’t want the Superman ‘S’, I want something different and this is different. Can’t wait to see it when its done.

NeverBSatisfied
Participant
@neverbsatisfied
Infamous78;67153 wrote:
That looks great. I’ve been wanting some Superman ink for a very long time now. I just don’t want the Superman ‘S’, I want something different and this is different. Can’t wait to see it when its done.

Thanks man. I always wanted a half sleeve of Superman, but had a tribal tattoo at a very young age. I always had my big “S” on my shoulder and decided to cover up my tribal and go for the Superman half sleeve.

This tat has been a journey for me, good and bad. My first and long time tattooist f’ed up my cover up idea to the extreme and had me on the run ever since. I finally found a new tattooist to fix it up and this is what has transpired from it all and judging by the countless number of coverups and healing, I’ve been at this for around a year now.

I have about 2 sessions left, maybe one, starting tomorrow so I should have an update as soon as tomorrow night!

Infamous78
Participant
@infamous78

At least the Superman half sleeve turned out great in the end.

Have my right arm saved for a Superman half sleeve eventually a full sleeve.

NeverBSatisfied
Participant
@neverbsatisfied

The full concept of the tattoo is now complete. We still need to go in and extend the tattoo a little more and touch up Superman, but I’m going to wait until after my vacation in June, so in early July this will be a complete project, but the concept and overall bulk of it is now complete. I won’t post the WHOLE tattoo until Superman is touched up to give it the finished look.

We went in today and first touched up my Superman logo (original one.)
Then we did the swoosh with his colors and then made a reflecting water effect coming from the buildings and the sky.

Today’s hours: 3 hours
Total hours: 15 hours
Sessions left to go: 1 (all touchups.)
Work: Cassie at Studio 42 in Beaver Falls, Pennsylvania

It’s fresh and dried up blood is still there. I will get better pics up in the next couple days or when healed.

img7610.jpg
Touched up Superman logo

img7607e.jpg

Swoosh colored in to signify Superman flying as well as the reflection in the water off of the buildings.

img7608pr.jpg
Another angle.

Infamous78
Participant
@infamous78

Looking very good.

DragunRose
Participant
@dragunrose

Awesome, especially from where you started. I’m sure once all is said and done and you can show that with pride the pain will be all worth it.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)

You must be logged in to create new topics.