think marc is one of the newer guys there isnt he ๐Ÿ™‚

i cant wait to get back to ray to get some more work done ๐Ÿ˜€

He’s a good guy… I liked how he works.

Good luck with yours ๐Ÿ™‚

Blue1
Participant
@blue1

solid peice of work… I like it.

Keep us updated on your progress…. I LOVE seeing the “steps” to a finished peice of art.

Aussie_Al
Participant
@aussie_al
Boost;65020 wrote:
Hey Lisa, thats cool you go to the same place..its a great place.. the guy that did my 1st one was Marc… and after chatting to him about the next one… I will be staying with Marc ๐Ÿ™‚ really looking forward to it.. ๐Ÿ™‚

Its always great to find an artist who does amazing work and you are comfortable with !
๐Ÿ˜Ž

Boost
Participant
@boost
Blue1;65072 wrote:
solid peice of work… I like it.

Keep us updated on your progress…. I LOVE seeing the “steps” to a finished peice of art.

Thanks Blue for ur kind feedback ๐Ÿ™‚ I’m looking forward to seeing the next steps too ๐Ÿ˜€ I was thinking about adding some colour into it earlier… but I have gone back to my original game plan now…and will stay with black and grey… I dont wont the rest to be too dark and mostly left without too much shading.

๐Ÿ™‚

Boost
Participant
@boost
Aussie_Al;65090 wrote:
Its always great to find an artist who does amazing work and you are comfortable with !
๐Ÿ˜Ž

Cheers Al, as it was my 1st tattoo…. I felt lucky to be so at ease with the person tattoo’ing me.. so next time I will already know what to expect with the same guy.. and he has a good idea of what I am looking for with my next one now ๐Ÿ™‚ I’m looking forward to having some nice detail added around the dragon. I will feel like I have had a full tattoo then as well.. at the moment I feel like it is only half finished… but i’m sure it will be worth the wait ๐Ÿ™‚

Blue1
Participant
@blue1
Boost;65113 wrote:
Cheers Al, as it was my 1st tattoo…. I felt lucky to be so at ease with the person tattoo’ing me.. so next time I will already know what to expect with the same guy.. and he has a good idea of what I am looking for with my next one now ๐Ÿ™‚ I’m looking forward to having some nice detail added around the dragon. I will feel like I have had a full tattoo then as well.. at the moment I feel like it is only half finished… but i’m sure it will be worth the wait ๐Ÿ™‚

It’s always worth the wait while gettin a finished art piece….. it’s the actual WAITING the finds me impatient! lol

Aussie_Al
Participant
@aussie_al
Boost;65024 wrote:
Can I ask everyone for your feedback…. on my new design for my next session…. this is my ‘rough drawing’ to help guide my tattoo’ist of what I am after…

My idea is to ‘shade behind’ the flames and water… so the flames and water and cherry blossoms stay white (or skin colour) and the shading is behind it so the whole tattoo doesn’t over power the dragon. This will mean I have some nice detail around the dragon without a lot of heavy black filling in… and the main areas left blank/unfilled.

Here’s the idea…

2ndtattoodesign.jpg

Looks awesome man – what are ya waiting for???

Boost
Participant
@boost
Aussie_Al;65175 wrote:
Looks awesome man – what are ya waiting for???

I am only waiting for my day I’m booked in ๐Ÿ™‚ which is less that 3 weeks away now.

Thanks for the priase on my design… but I have something thats changed… I have decided to go with another idea that I really wanted a long time ago but couldnt wor out how I could implement the idea with the dragon… but now I have come up with a very simple idea, that is completely ‘me’ and I feel 100% comfortable with.. which is a Maori circle around the dragon and inside the circle some Maori symbols.. its very basic traditional style tattoo, but its really effective.

To give anyone an idea who isnt sure what Maori style is….. here’s a link to some Maori designs… each symbol has a meaning so its important to know what they symbol means… I will be using this ‘style’ but may not be using the actual same symbols, but similar style.

http://uk.images.search.yahoo.com/search/images;_ylt=A1f4cfNpKrlL5w0BNLxLBQx.?ei=UTF-8&p=maori%20tattoo%20designs&SpellState=n-1291508393_q-xaJ2AUs.XA8wqqx688m9aQAAAA%40%40&fr2=tab-web&fr=yfp-t-702-s

I wasnt 100% sure the Cherry Blossoms were for me…. and without then in the design it didnt look as good… after thinking about this today I realised I need to be 100% sure on the design.. which I am now with the new idea. I find the very basic tattoo’s are more for me than the very artist ones.

Aussie_Al
Participant
@aussie_al

yeah I reckon so – don’t forget to update the forum once you get the next stage finished!

Boost
Participant
@boost

hey everyone.. after waiting nearly a month and getting no sleep with exitement of getting the next session done… I went to the tattoo shop… and I look my design I came up with… but he took one look at it and refused to do it.

He said he couldnt read any of the letters.. and he wouldnt keep any of what I had done.. I took it as I thought that a tattoo’ist would then make a few changes to make it more professional.. but he just refused to do it.

This was my design… let me know what you think? is this really so bad? I dont mind if you say its junk… I would just like some honest feedback.

This tattoo was designed to fit my arm shape and have some colour added later on… with the flames at the top. and some shading in grey.

mytattooplan.jpg

ArniVidar
@arnividar

Well, your ‘flames’ look more like falling leaves, the text is sloppy and illegible, and the rest of it is….

…what is it?

I can understand the tattooist not wanting to put that on you, but if you can manage to explain what each part is I’m sure a real tattoo artist could draw you a tattoo to encompass the things you want in it.

Boost
Participant
@boost
ArniVidar;66495 wrote:
Well, your ‘flames’ look more like falling leaves, the text is sloppy and illegible, and the rest of it is….

…what is it?

I can understand the tattooist not wanting to put that on you, but if you can manage to explain what each part is I’m sure a real tattoo artist could draw you a tattoo to encompass the things you want in it.

Hey… u just made me feel a lot better!! I like honest answers… and that was awesome. I wont explain it as you gave me all the info I needed to tell me it really was no good. Thanks.. I am going to have some designs drawn up by the tattoo artist…and have a look at a few options and see what one I like the most..and go from there now ๐Ÿ™‚ cheers mate, you have made me feel better.

ArniVidar
@arnividar

Interesting.. you’re the first person I’ve ever seen in these groups who actually responds to criticism in a non-hostile way.

Should I expect a bomb in the mail then? :p

And you’re welcome… I guess. ๐Ÿ™‚

Benjaminho
Participant
@benjaminho

that looks EXTREMELY different to what you showed us and i think your original idea was much better, i think maori style mixed with chinese/asian is a weird combination that may not work ๐Ÿ˜› the flames look shit (not to sound too harsh sorry) and, the text is pretty hard to read but im sure that couldve been sorted by a good artist. im sure he’ll come up with something good, good luck! must be rough getting straight up told NO im not doing that. I still think youll end up with a great piece.

jweb
Participant
@jweb

dude i just read this whole thread i think you should seriously consider returning to the fire,water, cherry blossom idea i loved that i was psyched to see that lol.

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 59 total)

You must be logged in to create new topics.