NeverBSatisfied
Participant
@neverbsatisfied

Update on the healing process. Coming along well, but since my arm has been worked and pretty much covered up 3 times, my tat scabbed pretty good and deep. She said out of all my tattoo’s, this will take the longest to heal since it’s been re-worked many times upon layers.

Today would be 2 weeks and I’m going back in for the background in the next 2 weeks. The scabs have fallen off, but the skin remains sensitive and where the scabs fell off, it seems the pigment of my skin is coming through, like the color wore off in some spots, but it’s clearly not done healing. I’ve been treating it with Vitamin E lately and still is sore and sensitive in some spots. Looks like I may need another touch up going back in, in 2 weeks. Anyone else experience this?

ontwo
Participant
@ontwo

Yes, I got the tribal on my shoulder reworked because the original artist missed a whole bunch of spots. The healing was hard in some places due to the work on top of work. Kind of like tattooing a scar, I guess.

hang in there. It is turning out really great after the disaster that it was

NeverBSatisfied
Participant
@neverbsatisfied

Just bumping this up to update.

Going in today to plan the background for my Superman tattoo. During the healing process, the scabs got so thick that when they fell off (prematurely because of whatever wetness/cracks/shower) the ink came off with it, leaving irritation & tender redness of my skin. Probably be in the chair today for the touch up when she looks at it, and hopefully by next week, I’ll have the badass background to post!

ontwo
Participant
@ontwo

Can’t wait to see the progress

Sherav
Participant
@sherav

Looking forward to seeing it.

What are you having done?

Take Care
Matthew

NeverBSatisfied
Participant
@neverbsatisfied
Sherav;62885 wrote:
Looking forward to seeing it.

What are you having done?

Take Care
Matthew

I think it’s going to come out looking pretty S-W-E-E-T. She said Superman’s still tender and won’t touch it up until after the half sleeve background, so I’m going in next week to look at the art work for the piece for the finished overall product.

Where Superman is “flying” on my arm, we are going to have a red,blue, and yellow blur coming from his feet and arching out to signify he’s flying in direction from the side of my arm (in the comics, when Superman fly’s at top speed, he’s viewed as a colorful red,blue and yellow blurr.)

Behind him will be a purple and pink night skyline with stars, clouds and nebula’s. The kicker to it all, is that there will be Superman symbols faded throughout the night skyline. I didn’t just want Superman symbols placed and the sky around it, I wanted the symbols to be apart of the sky, with all different shapes, angles and sizes. She is drawing it up for next week (March 12th) so I can go in and confirm, so I’m STOKED.

My actual sitting in March 31st, 4 days after my birthday, so it’ll be a great b-day gift to myself.:D What do you guys think of the idea?

AztecManiac
Participant
@aztecmaniac

hehehe nice superman 🙂

NeverBSatisfied
Participant
@neverbsatisfied

UPDATE:

GREAT NEWS! Just received the call today that my artist had a BIG cancellation today and asked if we wanted to do the half sleeve tonight! It made my day, so instead of waiting until the 31st, I’ll be posting pictures tonight of the new and improved Superman tattoo! Wish me luck!

Cya guys tonight,
-NbS

NeverBSatisfied
Participant
@neverbsatisfied

Got the half sleeve and background started. Made some changes! We just did the black and outlines, was in the chair from 6-9, so we still have a good 3 sessions to finish. Came out really well and it’s starting to take its shape. Superman she said healed badly and said the scabs were so thick that when it became wet, it took some ink out so we are going to touch him up when the scars heal in about 2 months.

backround1copy.jpg

^Here’s the night sky, scattered with Superman symbols. The purples and pinks are yet to be added for the sky.

backround2m.jpg

Here’s where the changes are made. From where you see the shitty other artist that did my tattoo with those lines, she’s covering that with buildings. What you see underneath the building is going to be a water-like scene where it’s going to look like the buildings are reflecting off the water. Going to be awesome and LOVE the idea.

backround3copy.jpg

We tried to get regular lighting with no flash, so I apologize for the atrocious lighting. From behind the building’s is where Superman is flying from. The “speed swoosh” is going to be colored in with reds, yellows, and blues with a blur like effect of him flying.

Excited to see the overall aspect finally coming to life.:cool:

ontwo
Participant
@ontwo

Congrats on finding someone to fix that thing. It is really coming together

KnightHawk
Participant
@knighthawk

Starting to look pretty damn sharp my man.

Love. Peace. Metallica.

Sherav
Participant
@sherav

Is it wrong to lick the computer screen? :p
Your ink is looking well tasty and will be an awesome sleeve when done.

Take Care
Matthew

Apriltg
Participant
@apriltg

Wow, that certainly has come a long way. Looks very good.

NeverBSatisfied
Participant
@neverbsatisfied
Sherav;64008 wrote:
Is it wrong to lick the computer screen? :p
Your ink is looking well tasty and will be an awesome sleeve when done.

Take Care
Matthew

I put “lol” just for the hell of it, but your post really made me laugh out loud, hahaha.

Thanks for the responses lads and gents, it for sure has come a long way and this is just the tip of the iceberg, it still had another long way to go, I’d say another 9-10 total hours. Got my Aquaphor creme today and ready to lotion it up within the next weeks. This place is great, glad I found it!

Why do tattoo’s have to be so damn addicting?:confused::D

Viewing 14 posts - 61 through 74 (of 74 total)

You must be logged in to create new topics.