NeverBSatisfied
Participant
@neverbsatisfied

Hey guys, I just got home from my first session of fixing up Superman and I couldn’t be more stoked! My jaw dropped to the floor when I saw the result and I couldn’t be more happier. I’m so thrilled, honored, and lucky to have come across my new tattoo artist, SHE is the REAL DEAL!

In the General discussion, I posted a pic of a TERRIBLE Superman coverup tattoo, and I believed it couldn’t be fixed. Well, behold of what a professional can do. I figured I’d post this in the ‘inked’ forum since that seems to be a dead discussion.

Overall time: 4 1/2 hours.

This is my first session. In about a month, I’m going back and we are doing the background for a half sleeve, so focus JUST on Superman and not the background. It’s safe to say THIS IS SUPERMAN:

nowthisisafuckingtat.jpg
Yes, he has a face! Yes, he has anatomy! Yes, he has a cape! Yes. he has legs! Yes… well, you get the goddamn point….

Sorry for the glare, just put the A & D ointment on. Will post a better quality pic when it heals.

ArniVidar
@arnividar

Well that is MUCH better dude.

NeverBSatisfied
Participant
@neverbsatisfied

Thanks man. It’s relieving to finally see a finished result I pictured in my mind and going through countless numbers of portfolio’s and artist to pin point who can do it and who deserves my hard earned money to fix it THE RIGHT WAY. I can rest easy and now plan for the sleeve I always wanted with it.

Comments are suggested, good or bad. ROCK ON.

Benjaminho
Participant
@benjaminho

I cant imagine the pain you mustve gone through having a SHIT tattoo, we get tattoo’s for meaning and to look good, and there was neither in the first .. must be a huge fucking relief to look at it and want to show it to people instead of hide it

Mmildf
Participant
@mmildf

Wow, it’s like night and day very nice fix up

fatboytrucker
Participant
@fatboytrucker

wow!! 10x better! looks great now:cool:

NeverBSatisfied
Participant
@neverbsatisfied
Benjaminho;59059 wrote:
I cant imagine the pain you mustve gone through having a SHIT tattoo, we get tattoo’s for meaning and to look good, and there was neither in the first .. must be a huge fucking relief to look at it and want to show it to people instead of hide it

That’s funny you say that because I remember telling my tattooist today that every time I would glance at it in the mirror when I walked by, a little part of me died a little, that’s how bad it was and how physiological it was knowing that was on my arm. It was almost unbearable given the money put into it, only to get the shittiest job a tattooist could ever create. Watching the process of the fix up and the certain techniques and the overall ability of someone who knows what their doing was a huge weight lifted off my shoulders.

Thanks for the reply’s, much appreciated.

ontwo
Participant
@ontwo

Very happy for you. A vast improvement. My wife went through the agony of a shitty tattoo. Glad you got some relief

Jubakuba
Participant
@jubakuba

I saw the original thread…but never posted, I don’t think. From what I remember, people were saying a cover-up would be a hard task, eh?

Well holy hell your artist did a good job.
She had to put a lot of thought into that one, from what I see.
Darkened the darker spots in order to add anatomy, filled in the shitty pieces…holy hell!

You’ve found a keeper, man.

Congrats on the newly awesome piece.

Sherav
Participant
@sherav

Damn that is so much better! I am also glad you fixed the belt line work 😀

Looks good and a well rescued tattoo.

Take Care
Matthew

NeverBSatisfied
Participant
@neverbsatisfied

In about a month I’ll update this thread with the finished piece. Again, thanks for the kind remarks. Means alot.

Butterfly
Participant
@butterfly-2

well super man still looks a bit angry but your artist has done a cracking job of saving the tattoo .
will make a cool half sleeve when its done 😀

100% better than before , maybe you should email the old artist a pic when its done LOL

Jubakuba
Participant
@jubakuba
Butterfly_Kisses;59108 wrote:
100% better than before , maybe you should email the old artist a pic when its done LOL

ROFL.
Fucking do it.

The title:
Real art.

NeverBSatisfied
Participant
@neverbsatisfied
Jubakuba;59112 wrote:
ROFL.
Fucking do it.

The title:
Real art.

I was actually contemplating this, pretty harshly and so did my tattooist. Made for a good laugh. Give me about 8 shots of Gold Slogger and about 7 Rolling Rocks and I’ll have that son of a bitch in 80 point bold size of every which angle, side to side, up and down, closeups, from a far, and inside out. I can confirm now that the vocabulary wouldn’t be suitable for children, lmao.

ontwo
Participant
@ontwo

We thought about doing that with my wife’s back, but the guy that fucked it up looks like he has killed before. So I think we will just let it go

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 74 total)

You must be logged in to create new topics.