KnightHawk
Participant
@knighthawk

Have to go with the crowd and say that the coverup is a helluva lot better than that old hunk of crap. I’m happy for ya man.

Love. Peace. Metallica.

NeverBSatisfied
Participant
@neverbsatisfied

Thanks! As you can tell, I’m on cloud 9. Last post of a different angle/closeup for those who are appreciative of cover ups done right.

(Big pic.)

29893827.jpg

Benjaminho
Participant
@benjaminho

He looked dead before lol

eatatjerms
Participant
@eatatjerms

The new one is much better. I was looking at this thread last night and my four year old son came up, looked, and asked me if the before pic was the bad Superman. I had to chuckle and tell him yes.

ChaosDani
Participant
@chaosdani

Damn! Your artist did a great job on that one. Congrats.

Before, he looked like a pissed off ghost in Superman pajamas. :rolleyes:
I honestly didn’t think the fix up could be this good. But it is.

NeverBSatisfied
Participant
@neverbsatisfied
ChaosDani;59178 wrote:
Damn! Your artist did a great job on that one. Congrats.

Before, he looked like a pissed off ghost in Superman pajamas. :rolleyes:
I honestly didn’t think the fix up could be this good. But it is.

Many thanks and my thoughts exactly. With little room and just plain little to work with, I was floored and absolutely in shock by the turnout and how she took so little and made it into a piece of art that I can say I am now proud of and can show people without hesitating 2 or 3 times. It looks more than great and even though I would of done things different before, I learned and wouldn’t trade in this experience of going through customs to get and find the right artist.

Blue1
Participant
@blue1

That is really rockin now!

NeverBSatisfied
Participant
@neverbsatisfied

I’m already thinking outside of the box and thinking about the full sleeve. Once the Superman symbols blending in with the night sky is finished, completing the half sleeve, I’m thinking about having a theme of having the sleeve consisting of Superman flying up my arm.

My idea is to have Superman, positioned a different angle on my forearm and having his trademark pose flying upwards with his one arm out and fisted.

In the comics, when Superman fly’s at top speed, his feet have a red, yellow and blue blur to them and this will wrap around my arm and meet the Superman’s (the one I just got fixed) feet. Maybe my forearm can consist of a city skyline underneath, and when the streaks of speed wrapping around my arm, it will then enter the Superman in the sky, like flying upwards. Maybe my tattooist can have Superman flying upwards in a blur type motion. Just a thought thus far but I’m starting to plan now for a sleeve, which I ALWAYS wanted.

Have any idea’s for a sleeve, feel free to post any time. 🙂

Butterfly
Participant
@butterfly-2

well as you already have a super man flying i wouldnt have the same on the other arm . i know your a big fan but they is a lot more you could do 😀

like a take on a scene from the film where he takes that girl up in the sky with him and makes her a diamond
could be interesting :rolleyes:

ChaosDani
Participant
@chaosdani

Aren’t you gonna incorporate Lex Luthor in there somewhere?

NeverBSatisfied
Participant
@neverbsatisfied

I defiantly have to put much thought into it, as Butterfly said, I can go into so many different directions and I would love to capture the right scene that would correspond with the upper part of my arm and make more of the scene.

Thinking about it now, having two Superman’s flying could look crummy in a way, but the capture is important and I think if we could capture a scene where he’s flying up in the sky at top speed would be cool but there’s so much to Superman that I wouldn’t want to miss out on a kickass opportunity into making it a rock hard, solid piece. Going to have to brainstorm this one.

vizzielover
Participant
@vizzielover

Much improved, I went through having a shitbag tattoo, had it reworked and love it now. i shall look forward to seeing the finished article.

Butterfly
Participant
@butterfly-2

I think this could make a real sweet tattoo

http://www.orble.com/images/superman71.jpg

mugwump
Participant
@mugwump

awesome reworking… Hope im never in the search for a good coverup / reworking artist but im glad to see that they are out there…

can wait to see the rest of it 😉

Apriltg
Participant
@apriltg

That is a really good reworking, gives me hope that my first tattoo can be made presentable some day. Can’t wait to see what direction you go in when you make it a sleeve.

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 74 total)

You must be logged in to create new topics.