Apostle 228
    Participant
    @apostle-228

looking good man!

Joker1
    Participant
    @joker1
    CruisingComet;51966 wrote:
    Also good to hear you like the Black Cat Aftercare, it goes on real nice don’t it? I have to admit though I peeled like heck using the lotion, but that has stopped now & I’m on my way to healing “Again” ๐Ÿ˜€

I’m peeling at the moment, I forgot how much I bloody hate the healing process! ๐Ÿ˜ก
    The Black Cat stuff is better than Bepanthen in my opinion, after using both. The one I got given is only in the small circular tub, not sure if it’s quite large enough. Half my tattoo has peeled and is looking real bright, and the other half is a thick scab.
    When does everyone else decide to stop using cream on their tatt?

CruisingComet
    Participant
    @cruisingcomet
    Joker1;52210 wrote:
    I’m peeling at the moment, I forgot how much I bloody hate the healing process! ๐Ÿ˜ก
    The Black Cat stuff is better than Bepanthen in my opinion, after using both. The one I got given is only in the small circular tub, not sure if it’s quite large enough. Half my tattoo has peeled and is looking real bright, and the other half is a thick scab.
    When does everyone else decide to stop using cream on their tatt?

The small round tub was easily enough for my forearm. I still have well over 1/4 of the tub left, you really don’t need a lot of it to do the job, the lotion I wasn’t as keen on if I’m honest, i really peeled much more than the two previous times, not sure if that’s a good or a bad thing? I didn’t really get any scabbing.

As for stopping using the lotion, I’ve stopped for a few days when i finished the bottle off. I did order some more but saving that for after the next session. I would def use it over bephanthan anyday, really love the smell of the salve and it just goes on so easy.

How big was your tattoo Joker? I would have thought there should have been enough in one tub?

Joker1
    Participant
    @joker1

We managed to get wrist to elbow mostly outlined, all the way around, and a rather large skull shaded in bright greens, with reddish-yellowish teeth. I was putting it on three times a day, and the tatt will be a week old tomorrow. Maybe I was using a bit much, I’ve got a cobweb on my elbow too, and ended up smearing the whole thing, even though it’s not coloured in yet.
    It probably won’t effect the tattoo now anyway, but i’ll check some local shops and see if any of them have more Black Cat stuff, which i’ll save for next session.
    It was a small tub, a bit larger than a 50c coin (not sure of the English equivalent).

CruisingComet
    Participant
    @cruisingcomet

The tub i got was approx 2″ across and say 1/2″ deep ?

Yeah… Shame they don’t do a larger tub, but I think they have it worked out so you need to buy a new kit for each tattoo, still it’s a reasonable price to buy – must admit I’ve been tempted to buy the 24x studio pack as I’m guessing I’m gonna need loads of this stuff by the time I’m finished!! ๐Ÿ˜ฎ

Joker1
    Participant
    @joker1

Me too, I wish they had loyalty customers or something ๐Ÿ™‚
    Yeah a larger tub would be great, like the size of a hair-gel tub.
    I don’t know if it’s out there or not, but it’d like to see a spray or something you could just spray over your tattoo. I guess you’d still need to rub it in though…

CruisingComet
    Participant
    @cruisingcomet

Well finally got my 4th and last session in yesterday – here is a pic, again not the best as it’s on my webcam but I will try to get a better / hi-res pic taken later on my camera!

Start work my other arm Tuesday ๐Ÿ˜Ž

2v1ltn5.jpg

Sherav
    Participant
    @sherav

That is a fantastic cover up and I have some serious ink envy here.
    Looking forward to seeing your next sleeve in progress.

Take Care
    Matthew

Butterfly
    Participant
    @butterfly-2

Its looking real nice !! worth every penny i think !

Joker1
    Participant
    @joker1

I agree with the others, looks awesome. Those colours are rocking, it really pops out. What are the plans for the other arm?

bittytoffee
    Participant
    @bittytoffee

Wow – that turned out amazing! And don’t worry about your dragon koi going downstream, each time you lift your arm it’s going upstream!

CruisingComet
    Participant
    @cruisingcomet

Wow.. thanx guys for all the nice comments, nice to know you all like it!

Showed my father yesterday for the 1st time and he said “It’s Hideous”
    followed by “I thought the days of you getting tattooed where behind you”
    little does he know huh! :rolleyes:

Anyway roll on Tuesday.. when I start my left forearm

Hey joker it’s gonna be a dragon, not sure of the design as they are drawing something up for me, but I’m hoping something along the lines of this below, that’s what I told them I would like anyway, in
    either the blue or purple, which ever works best – going for 3 hr sessions this time as 4 x2 hr sessions as with the dragon koi just seemed to take forever!

66vwyf.jpg

And here is the offending tattoo it’s going to cover (Hopefully) ๐Ÿ˜Ž

2r3w0g6.jpg

CruisingComet
    Participant
    @cruisingcomet
    bittytoffee;52722 wrote:
    Wow – that turned out amazing! And don’t worry about your dragon koi going downstream, each time you lift your arm it’s going upstream!

Thanks for that Bitty, had lot’s of other people also say just that ๐Ÿ˜€

poxphobia
    Participant
    @poxphobia

Freaking amazing cover-up you got there!!! Looks awsome.

And about the whole mess with appointments; That happens. As long as there is more than one person working in a studio, something will always get messed up from time to time. One time I got tattooed, I had to wait for an hour or two because the woman who went in before me had gotten there waaay late for her appointment, and she kept complaining about the pain so it took forever. It sucks, but it happens.

And a dragon on your other arm will look great with the one you’ve already got ๐Ÿ™‚ Will look pretty sweet if you’re wearing a t-shirt!! ๐Ÿ™‚

CruisingComet
    Participant
    @cruisingcomet
    poxphobia;52815 wrote:
    Freaking amazing cover-up you got there!!! Looks awsome.

And a dragon on your other arm will look great with the one you’ve already got ๐Ÿ™‚ Will look pretty sweet if you’re wearing a t-shirt!! ๐Ÿ™‚

Thankyou so much for the comments, got my other arm done today and am so pleased, have posted photo’s let me know what you think ๐Ÿ˜Ž here: http://www.thetattooforum.com/2nd-cover-up-today-holy-smoke-t13657.html?t=13657

Viewing 15 posts - 46 through 60 (of 60 total)

You must be logged in to create new topics.