vizzielover
    Participant
    @vizzielover

That is a lovely piece of work, I would never have known it was a cover up!

CruisingComet
    Participant
    @cruisingcomet

Thanks for the positive comments guys 😀

The artist said it needs quite a bit more work to get it right, some of the colours are not my choice but I just let the artist do what he thought was best, personally I would have preferred orange, but as you can see there is a lot of red in there, mainly because of the red hearts that had to be covered. The eyes are going to be an electric blue he says which will be a nice contrast.

The artist is talking about picking out the lines more using a 9 ?? I’m not sure what that means but he said now the colour is in he needs to pull it out more and give it more detail.

I’m pretty sore tonight, hoping after a nights rest it will be better in the morning 😀

Butterfly
    Participant
    @butterfly-2

means he wants to thicken the lines up a little 😉

S.Neill
    Participant
    @s-neill

looks awesome

CruisingComet
    Participant
    @cruisingcomet
    S.Neill;49055 wrote:
    looks awesome

Thanks S. Neil that’s a real compliment hearing that from you 😀

What do you think of the colours? Not quite what I was expecting but I’m guessing it works.

Sherav
    Participant
    @sherav

Hi

The colours work well because it is not fighting the ink underneath and there was no need to keep going over the area until it was covered – which sometimes happens when ppl insist on a certain colour.

The 9’s will put a bolder outline so th scales stand out more against the skin and the dragon-koi will look much more defined.

I think that is a great piece of work and looking forward to seeing the healed pic.

Take Care
    Matthew

CruisingComet
    Participant
    @cruisingcomet
    Butterfly_Kisses;49032 wrote:
    means he wants to thicken the lines up a little 😉

I thought it was something like that.. I hope the lines wont be too think as I really liked the fine outline, but I guess he knows what he doing, he said now it’s coloured the detail has been lost and he needs to define it and bring it out more.

I was surprised yesterday BTW when they said my tattoo had not healed fully, said it still had the silvery skin on it? I was convinced it was fully healed, its nearly a month before I go back next time so I’m guessing they are giving it extra time to heal before reworking it.

Butterfly
    Participant
    @butterfly-2

mines takes about a mouth to totally get rid of the silver skin sometimes .
    and i like the colours , its a dragon koi not a normal one so it needs to be dragon colours 😉

CruisingComet
    Participant
    @cruisingcomet
    Sherav;49058 wrote:
    Hi

The colours work well because it is not fighting the ink underneath and there was no need to keep going over the area until it was covered – which sometimes happens when ppl insist on a certain colour.

The 9’s will put a bolder outline so th scales stand out more against the skin and the dragon-koi will look much more defined.

I think that is a great piece of work and looking forward to seeing the healed pic.

Take Care
    Matthew

Thanks, Sherav

S.Neill
    Participant
    @s-neill

like I said before, Awesome work. It looks good, it is well done, the colors are well chosen, your artist is worth his money. I hope you gave him a good tip.

CruisingComet
    Participant
    @cruisingcomet
    S.Neill;49093 wrote:
    like I said before, Awesome work. It looks good, it is well done, the colors are well chosen, your artist is worth his money. I hope you gave him a good tip.

Yeah funny you should mention that, as I saw the polite sign on his wall saying something along the lines of “Tips are cool” 😀

I have it in mind to tip him when its finished, need to keep him keen 😎

Puzzles
    Participant
    @puzzles

I love the colours man, it’s a really striking red. Works really well. Your artist has done some swet work there.

CruisingComet
    Participant
    @cruisingcomet

Well.. I was booked in this morning for my 3rd session, just got back after having had a major disappointment, they had only double booked!
    My date and time was on my appointment card, but not in the book so another client had since been booked into my slot.

I was a little annoyed when they explained what had happened to the female, and as her appointment was only for 1 hr asked if she would
    mind coming back later that day or the following day, she wasn’t happy about that. the artist then said as she was a lady, it was only the right thing to be polite and give the appointment to her WTF? :rolleyes:

I said fair enough, thinking mistakes happen and they were after all very apologetic, but I
    would have thought that someone who is 4 1/2 hrs into a cover up with 2-4 hrs further work to go would
    get priority over someone with a £50 1 hr session. I wouldn’t have minded so much but she didn’t even show any sympathy towards my situation by saying sorry, or even a thank you for being so understanding :rolleyes:

So now I have a further wait of 2 weeks till the next session.
    Anyway, as annoying as it is, it’s just one of those things… Shit happens right!

Butterfly
    Participant
    @butterfly-2

a thank you for understanding and letting me get my tattoo done would have been nice :rolleyes:

CruisingComet
    Participant
    @cruisingcomet
    Butterfly_Kisses;50756 wrote:
    a thank you for understanding and letting me get my tattoo done would have been nice :rolleyes:

Yeah.. oh well, if it had been other way around I would have felt really uncomfortable and guilty, what really narked me off though is he could have fitted her in later
    today or tomorrow, so if she had gone for that (as i would if it was other way around) I wouldn’t have lost my slot and I wouldn’t have to wait another couple of weeks, it’s also
    a bummer that I’ve lost a days wages for nothing.

Not sure if this sort of thing happens a lot? or maybe I was just unlucky, either way I’m kinda beginning to think, Ive made the right choice in going elsewhere for my next tattoo 😎

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 60 total)

You must be logged in to create new topics.