CruisingComet
    Participant
    @cruisingcomet

Went for my 3rd session on Monday, had the outline redone, along with more extending and black shading in the windbars to cover up the stars that were coming through, he did quite a bit more shading around the sides too which has finished it off nicely

I go back in 3 weeks for what should be the last session. Up to about 6 1/2 hrs now so far, so glad it’s coming to an end!

Been using Black Cat salve on it and its been really calm, last time it was burning, throbbing, felt tight and very sore, this time around I would never even know Ive had any work done, seems very good stuff so far but it is early days, mentioned it to clive the artist and he said stick to bephanthan but i tried it anyway and its been much calmer ๐Ÿ™‚

Will post a pic up when it’s finished on the final session incase anyone is intrested ๐Ÿ˜Ž

Butterfly
    Participant
    @butterfly-2

i would like to see a pic now !! ๐Ÿ˜€

CruisingComet
    Participant
    @cruisingcomet
    Butterfly_Kisses;51478 wrote:
    i would like to see a pic now !! ๐Ÿ˜€

Thanks for being interested butterfly ๐Ÿ˜€

The pics again ain’t that great but you get an idea, it needs about a couple more hours to finish so
    I’m hoping it will look even better then! BTW the colours look lighter than they are in the flesh for
    some reason, but I think he is going to shade in some of the colours again next time.

I go back on Fri 13th (Spooky) and on the 17th I start my other arm (Indian head cover up) at last ๐Ÿ˜Ž

CruisingComet
    Participant
    @cruisingcomet

1z73j9i.jpg
    16jk6bn.jpg
    34g8tms.jpg

Butterfly
    Participant
    @butterfly-2

its looking real nice , i think you should make that arm into a complete sleeve :p

Sherav
    Participant
    @sherav

That is looking damn fine cover up and is begging to become a full sleeve.
    How many more sittings you going for?

Take Care
    Matthew

CruisingComet
    Participant
    @cruisingcomet

Thanks B_K & Sherav

I don’t think my other half would be overjoyed at me getting a full sleeve, although i must admit she’s been very good about my eagerness to get my old tattoo’s covered up as she knows how badly I hated them, she understood it was better for me to have tattoo’s that I’m happy with even if it means they are bigger and take up more space on my arms, having said that.. talking of going for a full sleeve wouldn’t go down to well I do know ๐Ÿ˜€

I think my left arm will almost be a sleeve when its done simply because of the geisha on the inside of my arm. I want the new cover up to meet into it and blend together somehow, I like the idea of adding a pagoda / temple in the background but not sure how it would scale or work, anyway we will see how the forearm cover up turns out first.

With regards the amount of sessions Sherav I have many to go yet! I’m 3 sessions in on the dragon koi but he’s hoping to wrap it up next time, so it will have taken around 8 hrs in total and stood me around ยฃ400 – TBH I never really expected it to take that long, which might have been a little naive of me ๐Ÿ˜ฎ

My upper arms I think are gonna have to go big to cover, may have to get advice regarding what will work there, like to keep with a japanese theme with maybe an hanya mask, or otherwise maybe something nautical, quite like the idea of a mermaid / lighthouse / starfish etc worked into some kind of sleeve maybe?

Phat_Goddess
    Participant
    @phat_goddess

Wow, that is a very nice coverup! I agree with others that a sleeve would be awesome lol.

Rockysmom
    Participant
    @rockysmom

the colors look great. 1000% improvement over what you had before.

Butterfly
    Participant
    @butterfly-2

myself i would carry on with the japanese theme i feel it ages well as the style never really changes much from year to year ๐Ÿ˜€

and ยฃ400 is not to bad at all really , i dont really want to add up how much mines cost me LOL

CruisingComet
    Participant
    @cruisingcomet
    Butterfly_Kisses;51556 wrote:
    myself i would carry on with the japanese theme i feel it ages well as the style never really changes much from year to year ๐Ÿ˜€

and ยฃ400 is not to bad at all really , i dont really want to add up how much mines cost me LOL

Yeah B_K guess I’d have to agree with all of that! ๐Ÿ˜€ ๐Ÿ˜Ž

CruisingComet
    Participant
    @cruisingcomet
    Rockysmom;51555 wrote:
    the colors look great. 1000% improvement over what you had before.

Thanks for the compliment – so glad that other stuff is covered over! ๐Ÿ˜€

Joker1
    Participant
    @joker1

Just read this thread through, your tattoo’s a great improvement on the last, I think it’s the first dragon koi i’ve seen too. I went to my appointment on monday, walked into the shop 10 minutes early and there was a woman there hoping I wasn’t going to come in so she could pinch my spot :rolleyes:
    If I was you, I would have tried buying the lady out of her appointment, see if she’d take $20 or something ๐Ÿ™‚
    I’m using the Black Cat product too, in my opinion it’s so much better than Bepanthen. It’s a lot easier to apply, you don’t use that much of it and it soothes a lot more.
    Anyway, great work on the tattoo, enjoy it. Are you going to be a regular arm-shaver now?

CruisingComet
    Participant
    @cruisingcomet

Hi There Joker

Glad your appointment went ok 4 you ๐Ÿ˜Ž

Also good to hear you like the Black Cat Aftercare, it goes on real nice don’t it? I have to admit though I peeled like heck using the lotion, but that has stopped now & I’m on my way to healing “Again” ๐Ÿ˜€

With regards missing my appointment slot, time before last.. Yeah I was mighty pissed off, mainly because I had taken a day off work , anyway I’m going to another artist for my next tattoo

Viewing 15 posts - 31 through 45 (of 60 total)

You must be logged in to create new topics.