CruisingComet
    Participant
    @cruisingcomet

Well as a few of you already know, I was booked in for my right forearm cover up today, just got back and was really relieved at how little discomfort I felt, the only nippy bits were inside my elbow, S.Neil was certainly right about the equipment being better these days, it was nothing compared to my previous one’s I had done over 20yrs ago.

I think the 1st session went well… major disappointment however was with the dragon Koi and the orientation, as hard as the artist tried to get it to work swimming up the arm It didn’t work, we went for a slightly different design and I had to have it swimming down my arm… Before you state the obvious – I know it’s a bad omen, but I guess in this kinda situation there are other govering factors, I’m really sad its not going upstream but I guess I can live with it!

For those who are unaware of the meaning of a dragon Koi swimming upstream here is the mythology behind it:

Ancient tales are told of the journey of the Koi, leaping through white waters and climbing waterfalls with all of their might and strength to reach Dragon Gate…the turning point in the life of a Koi from fish to Dragon!

Dragon Gate is a place that sits at the top of Yellow River, it is the source of mystical forces and draws the Koi into it’s magnetic current. The Koi swims against the current and jumps out of the rapid waters to gain distance against the strong currents of Yellow River…it’s sole ambition is to reach Dragons Gate to become a Dragon.

A symbol of perseverance, strength and determination, the Koi is revered by many tribes and cultures in todays societies. Not least is the Tattoo community where the Koi is chosen as a permanent mark upon the body to signify the subjects strength and perseverance in life, an hommage to a struggle throughout a journey to reach ones ultimate goal.

Anyway my arm is still wrapped up, the artist told me to leave it that way until after 6pm this evening, there is still a lot of work left to do, and I’m booked in again for the next session in two weeks time!

I will post a photo up later, as soon as the wrap is removed and I’ve washed it down. ๐Ÿ˜Ž

Butterfly
    Participant
    @butterfly-2

looking forward to see a pic , i actually asked a japanese friend of mine about the koi’s swimming up and down stream and he said over in japan people have either way so i wouldnt let it bother you ๐Ÿ˜‰

CruisingComet
    Participant
    @cruisingcomet

Ok here we go, finaly got a photo to show you… not the best of photos but it gives you an idea, as you can see lots more to do yet but we ran out of time!

Before

okwwgx.jpg

After 1st Session

jrea28.jpg

CruisingComet
    Participant
    @cruisingcomet
    Butterfly_Kisses;47671 wrote:
    looking forward to see a pic , i actually asked a japanese friend of mine about the koi’s swimming up and down stream and he said over in japan people have either way so i wouldnt let it bother you ๐Ÿ˜‰

Thanks Butterfly…. The flash design it was taken from it was going downwards. I would have really liked it going up but it wasn’t to be, the stars were the problem, as it is you can see bits and pieces showing through but I’m hoping these will be lost in the next sitting.

S.Neill
    Participant
    @s-neill

looking good, can’t wait to see it finished.

Sherav
    Participant
    @sherav

Hi

That is going to be one sweet tattoo when it is done.

Take Care
    Matthew

CruisingComet
    Participant
    @cruisingcomet

Thanks a lot S. Neill and to you also Sherav for the comments

I’m looking forward to getting more done in two weeks time, so it looks more complete or maybe even finished (not sure yet if I’ll need a 3rd session) one of the scales is unfinished near the tail fin, think that got missed but he was aware of it, and I think some more water splashes or whatever they refer to need to go above the tail fin just to fill in.

Cant wait to get the rest of my tattoo’s covered ๐Ÿ™‚

Butterfly
    Participant
    @butterfly-2

looks like its going to cover up nicely ๐Ÿ˜‰

kinakina
    Participant
    @kinakina

That looks great, I like what you did with it.

Moonchakka
    Participant
    @moonchakka

That looks really good, I also can’t wait to see the end result.

CruisingComet
    Participant
    @cruisingcomet

Just back from my 2nd sitting, pretty sore this time!!! ๐Ÿ˜ฎ

Very pleased with how it’s looking, need to go back in a few weeks for 3rd sitting in october hopefully to complete, got a lot of colour in there today, several people in the studio were pretty impressed with it ๐Ÿ˜€

Will post a photo up later after I unwrap it and give it a wash down, hoping by then it will have calmed down a little.

The artist is talking about using a 9 to really bring the detail together, whatever that means? cant wait to get it finished and move on to my left forearm next.

Will post a photo this evening, just in case anyone is interested anyway ๐Ÿ˜€

Butterfly
    Participant
    @butterfly-2

cool looking forward to seeing the new pic ๐Ÿ˜Ž

CruisingComet
    Participant
    @cruisingcomet

Not the best photo’s.. taken on my webcam – hopefully get a clearer / higher res one up later!

34fntbp.jpg

29zxy8m.jpg

2zid9v5.jpg

Butterfly
    Participant
    @butterfly-2

its looking good and you would never guess that its a cover up tattoo ๐Ÿ˜‰

Sherav
    Participant
    @sherav

That is a very tasty looking sleeve.
    The artist has done some rocking work there.

Take Care
    Matthew

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 60 total)

You must be logged in to create new topics.