FairyLady
    Participant
    @fairylady

That must be one of the nicest full arm sleeves I’ve seen… Really really beautiful, kudos to the artist and nice choice you’ve made! I think it’s a very original perspective for a tattoo…

BIKERinBLACK77
    Participant
    @bikerinblack77

Wow dude, that’s pretty impressive for a FIRST PIECE OF INK!!!!!

And the quote sounds awesome as well, can’t wait to see the finished product.

Baarz
    Participant
    @baarz

wow!! I really love the way the ink looks on your skin. I like how you really have to look closely at it to see the art it’s truly amazing.

vala
    Participant
    @vala

another update on my sleeve.
    due to work commitments I had to cancel my appointment in September then also cancelled my rebooked appointment in October however…..today I managed to get to this one!
    work done today was highlighting main parts of the sleeve that the artist wanted to stand out so nothing new with regards to it except a load of lines have been more defined. due to this i’ll get pics up in a few days once the swelling has gone down a bit.
    booked another session in (fingers crossed there won’t be any complications with this one, lol) for the 28th November and been told this one is for the inside of the upper arm…bugger…this won’t be fun! i’ll admit to say i’m going to be quite nervous for this sitting as i’ve heard it can be quite painful (i’ll be honest and say I haven’t exactly thought any sitting was pain free) however this NEEDS to be done so it’ll be a case of grin and bear it. im booked for only 2 hours so it’s not a long time being a tad uncomfortable.
    also realised recently that I started this tattoo 11 months ago and will definately be over a year from start to finish!

bighairedmike
    Participant
    @bighairedmike

Heya bud, thats a really nice piece you have going on there. I agree that a pictoral representation of the wuote is better than the actual quote itself. Just a quick one, did you use a mirror to take a couple of photo’s or something? It just looks like your tat has switched arms. I hate all this angles crap and get so confused by some pictures.

Again, really nice and ยฃ70 an hour… Nice work.

vala
    Participant
    @vala

Yep, some of the pics were taking with the aid of a mirror. I’ll have some updated ones in a couple of days which I’ll make sure someone else takes so you can see it all properly. For referance till then though the tattoo is on my left arm.

bighairedmike
    Participant
    @bighairedmike

Cheers bud. Just confused me a little. Again, nice work.

vala
    Participant
    @vala

well here’s a couple of pics from the work that was carried out Sunday gone. nothing major, just outlining has gone over again (is this what’s known as highlighting?) to make certain parts of the piece stand out.

20aq4va.jpg
    90r7ee.jpg
    se7odv.jpg

The Mighty Ming
    Participant
    @the-mighty-ming

Amazing stuff, really liking it.

How many sittings have you had now? 6? 7?
    My 3 quarter length sleeve has taken 3 sessions so far and one more to go. ยฃ70 quid an hour also.

vala
    Participant
    @vala

well after 14 hours and 45 mins (spread over 7 sessions), spanning just shy of 1 year my sleeve is finally complete:)
    the final part was the inside of the bicep area, an area I was not looking forward to at all! however it wasn’t too bad, 3 times I had some Bactine run over the area to take the edge of it.
    well here are a couple of pics (there taken with the aid of a mirror so unfortunately are reversed)

x3g8eh.jpg
    1torvr.jpg

next thing for this sleeve is to look into getting some proper photo’s of it taken in a 360 degree fashion and then photoshopping that into a kind of big poster type image. fingers crossed that will be done early next year.
    in the meantime its been an awesome journey for my first tattoo. now looking forward to getting ideas in place, finding another artist (Valerie Vagas at Frith Street Tattoo’s is currently my first choice) and get work started on my right arm sleeve.

redkomodo
    Participant
    @redkomodo

I like it…looks like a Led Zep album cover ๐Ÿ™‚

Ross_W
    Participant
    @ross_w

Seems the idea of “go big or go home” for first tattoos is all the rage these days… not that its a bad thing! Looks like yours was planned out well, too. Good man!

vala
    Participant
    @vala
    Ross_W;53855 wrote:
    Seems the idea of “go big or go home” for first tattoos is all the rage these days… not that its a bad thing! Looks like yours was planned out well, too. Good man!

lol. tbh im not personally a fan of small pieces and would rather, for myself, to have bigger areas covered hence the sleeve as my first tattoo. as for the planning it took a year from idea to ink, 8 of those me personally thinking about ideas solely and then the remaining 4 with my artist.
    next up is another sleeve!

Benjaminho
    Participant
    @benjaminho

Tbh whats the point in small tattoo’s on guys – im definately a fan of go big or go the fuck home ๐Ÿ˜€

Ross_W
    Participant
    @ross_w
    vala;53861 wrote:
    lol. tbh im not personally a fan of small pieces and would rather, for myself, to have bigger areas covered hence the sleeve as my first tattoo. as for the planning it took a year from idea to ink, 8 of those me personally thinking about ideas solely and then the remaining 4 with my artist.
    next up is another sleeve!

oh i agree. My first tattoo was my full backpiece. Everyone said i was crazy at the time, but these days, people i know getting their first tattoos have been avoiding the little “stamp” tattoos, and really putting effort into getting pieces that are much larger. Im not sure what it was that steered people in this direction, but i cant complain at all. Its making people think long and hard about their first tattoos and getting more involved in the tattoo process. And when they come out with an awesome piece of artwork, they will want more! leading to more business, etc.

One thing i do often tell people who intend to get a whole body part tattooed as their first, is that its quite involved and in reguards to time, pain and money, and that they need to be prepared to stick with it no matter how much it hurts ๐Ÿ˜€

Viewing 15 posts - 46 through 60 (of 60 total)

You must be logged in to create new topics.