vala
    Participant
    @vala

thanks for the comments 🙂

was a bit of a huge step for my first tattoo but tbh I personally am not a fan of smaller pieces (even though they can eventually be bought together and look awesome). as for the pain well it was about 4-5 weeks after the outline was done and I must have forgotten how it felt because as soon as he started I had a brief moment of ‘what have I let myself in for!’. Also my artist starting on the ditch, elbow and wrist didn’t help!! But like he said at least some of the worst bits are over….phew (the underside of my arm is going to be emotional though!).
    one thing I did notice though was when he was using the gun with about 5-6 needles it didn’t hurt as much but when he change to the gun with 3-4 needles I noticed the tickle very much!!

next sitting booked in for the 21st feb

Tartanmack
    Participant
    @tartanmack

Look forward to seeing this progress —Brave man for the first one to be a full sleave but as you stated worth it in the end stay with it Bro —its going to be awesome 🙂

vala
    Participant
    @vala

well some more work was done today…expected to do 2 1/2 hours however stopped at 2…think dave (the artist) wants to see how this part heals up before hopefully one last session on the lower arm. anyhow here’s some pics…

o1xrm.jpg
    sp906w.jpg
    2z66o8k.jpg
    4ptx6d.jpg

hope to get some more pics up when this stage is healed. currently next session is not gonna be till May (gonna wait till after I get back from Thailand in April) so there’s bound to be plenty of pics of it beforehand!

eighty4
    Participant
    @eighty4

Love it, can you take a pic of your whole arm so we can see how it all fits together ?

Outlaw
    Participant
    @outlaw

looking very nice indeed, its nice to see the progression of this piece from the start..
    is the artist adding any highlights ??

vala
    Participant
    @vala

eighty4, i’ll do my best to get a pic of how its currently all looking later on today.

outlaw, im unsure yet whether the artist is going to be adding any highlights. tbh he kinda decides upon what needs to be done on the day!

vala
    Participant
    @vala

eighty4, here’s a couple of pics of the whole arm after 7 1/2 hours work

2dhgv0z.jpg
    10n6gsh.jpg

eighty4
    Participant
    @eighty4

hey thanks for posting that, its looking great. Keep us posted 🙂

TriciaM
    Participant
    @triciam

This is a beautiful piece of work – can you share who the artist is, or have I missed that somewhere….

vala
    Participant
    @vala
    TriciaM;36143 wrote:
    This is a beautiful piece of work – can you share who the artist is, or have I missed that somewhere….

Thank you:) the artist is Dave Bryant who is working at Evil from the Needle in Camden Town, London.

DonnaMH
    Participant
    @donnamh

Beautiful work…it is going to be amazing when totally done!!

illume666
    Participant
    @illume666

Great piece of art right there… uve got quite the following here. cant wait to see more and more added.

vala
    Participant
    @vala

thanks for all the positive comments up to this point everyone. i’m more and more chuffed now about how this is going. originally i was going to go for the quote written out and wrapped around some sort of pattern but having a good think about it and changing it to a pictorial representation of the quote has been the right choice. on top of that a lot of credit has to go to the artist, Dave Bryant, for the countless amounts of options he presented to me before i fine tuned this design to make it my own. now though the work is all purely his and he’s adding his own touch to it as well which is cool.

i’ll continue to keep this thread updated however there won’t be more ink work till either end of april or sometime in may due to me heading off to thailand for a couple of weeks in april.

vala
    Participant
    @vala

well after i returned from a short holiday in thailand in april i finally managed to get a booking with my artist and yesterday (14/06) went in for my 4th sitting on my sleeve.
    i choose to just put up pics of the newest bits of work, once it heals up i’ll pop up a pic of how the arm is looking at the mo.
    so after 9 and a half hours im left with this…

x6mz4y.jpg
    fntyyb.jpg
    11kw7rm.jpg
    anmy5k.jpg

its all coming together now nicely…my artist reckons another 2 sessions and all shall be done! can’t wait. next sitting booked in for the 15th July!

Shamwow
    Participant
    @shamwow

truly amazing work man

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 60 total)

You must be logged in to create new topics.