Mistress_Of_Pain
    Participant
    @mistress_of_pain

Hummm I will look around some more then. I know my fiance got on there last night and looked around but couldn’t find much (he’s more tech savvy than I am for the most part). I will let you guys know when/if I figure it out for sure.

Mistress_Of_Pain
    Participant
    @mistress_of_pain

Looks like the only way to follow my blog is by email address. A notification will be sent to your emails when I have posted something new. I’ve gone through every little section that talks about following blogs and every section says a notification will be sent via email

ArniVidar
    @arnividar
    Mistress_Of_Pain
    Participant
    @mistress_of_pain

Well thanks but I’m still not seeing much in terms of changing anything

ArniVidar
    @arnividar

Sorry m’dear, I forgot to paste the second link:

WordPress › Support » How to add a Rss feed to my blog

There is some discussion in there on RSS links in the sidebars being different between themes, and it gives what appear to be a few different paths to get it installed if you like. I don’t want to sound like I’m pressuring you into this, mind you. It’s just that I’ve never seen a blog (wordpress or otherwise) that doesn’t have a feed button.

I have, by the way, already subscribed to your blog, since my RSS reader finds the feed on it’s own when I input the blog URL.

Tecratt
    Participant
    @tecratt

Subbed by email.

Mistress_Of_Pain
    Participant
    @mistress_of_pain

@ArniVidar 130126 wrote:

Sorry m’dear, I forgot to paste the second link:

WordPress › Support » How to add a Rss feed to my blog

There is some discussion in there on RSS links in the sidebars being different between themes, and it gives what appear to be a few different paths to get it installed if you like. I don’t want to sound like I’m pressuring you into this, mind you. It’s just that I’ve never seen a blog (wordpress or otherwise) that doesn’t have a feed button.

I have, by the way, already subscribed to your blog, since my RSS reader finds the feed on it’s own when I input the blog URL.

The thing I noticed was if you type in my url and then after the wordpress.com you either put in /feed/ or /atom/ it will give you a totally different look to my page and offers you a subscribe button at the very top of the screen. I also just noticed the RSS widget I can add which is done so hopefully that’ll work out. WordPress is kind of a pain in the ass to figure out lol I do appreciate the help though, very much!

Mistress_Of_Pain
    Participant
    @mistress_of_pain

@Tecratt 130129 wrote:

Subbed by email.

Awesome thank you! I just added an RSS feed thing if you want to try and subscribe through that. I’ll have a new post tonight I’m hoping

ArniVidar
    @arnividar

@Mistress_Of_Pain 130133 wrote:

The thing I noticed was if you type in my url and then after the wordpress.com you either put in /feed/ or /atom/ it will give you a totally different look to my page and offers you a subscribe button at the very top of the screen. I also just noticed the RSS widget I can add which is done so hopefully that’ll work out.

Yeah, the feed is a bit more boiled-down version of the site, which your (anyone’s) RSS reader then turns into a news ‘story’, pictures and all. The new RSS button works splendidly.

@Mistress_Of_Pain 130133 wrote:

WordPress is kind of a pain in the ass to figure out lol I do appreciate the help though, very much!

Aye, I always hated WordPress when I was working with it, but it does offer a very comprehensive widget/skin system and thus caters to a pretty broad blogging audience. The two main blogging platforms for beginners have always been Blogger (now a Google product) and WordPress. You’ll get used to the WordPress quirks soon enough.

peterpoose
    Participant
    @peterpoose

Enjoyed reading that and am also following now:)

I also loved the idea of a blog but after the initial posts on your own stuff i pondered on what else to write about that would be interesting at such short intervals such as every day.

What sort of other stuff do you think you will blog about?

Mistress_Of_Pain
    Participant
    @mistress_of_pain

@peterpoose 130137 wrote:

Enjoyed reading that and am also following now:)

I also loved the idea of a blog but after the initial posts on your own stuff i pondered on what else to write about that would be interesting at such short intervals such as every day.

What sort of other stuff do you think you will blog about?

Well as I mentioned in my introduction post I’ll probably cover music, maybe photography. I’d also like to feature a few artists here around town (I know a couple that are pretty awesome). I’ll post updates on my sleeve’s progress and my other tattoos. Tattoo stories and ideas, you get the idea! And I also want to say thanks for following 🙂 I appreciate it guys

Mistress_Of_Pain
    Participant
    @mistress_of_pain

@ArniVidar 130135 wrote:

Yeah, the feed is a bit more boiled-down version of the site, which your (anyone’s) RSS reader then turns into a news ‘story’, pictures and all. The new RSS button works splendidly.

Aye, I always hated WordPress when I was working with it, but it does offer a very comprehensive widget/skin system and thus caters to a pretty broad blogging audience. The two main blogging platforms for beginners have always been Blogger (now a Google product) and WordPress. You’ll get used to the WordPress quirks soon enough.

I actually looked at blogger and really didn’t care for it because it wanted to use a gmail account and I really don’t use gmail at all. I liked the idea more so of wordpress then blogger but like you said, i’ll figure it out. I always do!

Mistress_Of_Pain
    Participant
    @mistress_of_pain

To anyone who may not be following along already, a new post is up right now! I’m liking this 🙂

Mistress_Of_Pain
    Participant
    @mistress_of_pain

Thanks to everyone who is currently following! I hope you’re still finding it a good read

Sherav
    Participant
    @sherav

Love the layout and is a great read.

Makes me think of dusting off my blog again at some point. Keep it up with the hard work it is great!

Take care
    Matthew

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 79 total)

You must be logged in to create new topics.