GrayCatLove
    Participant
    @graycatlove

Good news! He’ll email me with ideas when he gets a chance. We’re on our way.

GrayCatLove
    Participant
    @graycatlove

Good news! We’re doing it in two sessions, and we’re doing the outline on the 4th. He’s not sure about the cat, so I’m letting it go for now. He wants to make something aesthetic and lovely, and he did good on my rose, so I’m not going to kvetch.

I’m very excited about getting this thing covered up – It’s almost four years old, so it’s done going through all those little changes you see with the scarring process. So ready to get this covered! I’ll post a before pic when I’m feeling less lazy.

GrayCatLove
    Participant
    @graycatlove

Just a little update: I emailed my tattoo artist (same kid who did the rose) some measurements so he can take into account the proportions he’s working with.

He’s seen the scar, but I took a “before” picture for you guys and my own comparison:

This guy mainly likes and excels at classical tattoos, but he’s also done some neat Asian inspired things, and he gets free reign… So long as he doesn’t put photorealism on me. It’s just not my thing.

The scar is pretty large; it’s 8 inches across and as you can see having a giant tumor is pretty rough on the old bod. Looking forward to getting it covered. ๐Ÿ™‚

buttwheat
    Participant
    @buttwheat

Scars are hot

Sam-I-Am
    Participant
    @sam-i-am

@buttwheat 126611 wrote:

Scars are hot

Thanks Butt!

GrayCatLove
    Participant
    @graycatlove

Oh, Sam. It looks like that part of the old bod has seen better days!

Thanks, buttwheat. The tumor itself was pretty impressive, but not sure if everyone would appreciate my disgusting throbbing tumor. ๐Ÿ˜‰

Anyone who’s tattooed over scars is more than welcome to advise.

Sam-I-Am
    Participant
    @sam-i-am

@GrayCatLove 126623 wrote:

Oh, Sam. It looks like that part of the old bod has seen better days!

That is a crushed elbow that happened 7-20-80. It was the result of driving with your arm out the window. (don’t do that) I only have 7″ of movement in that elbow.

GrayCatLove
    Participant
    @graycatlove

Holy moly. I bet that hurt!

Did you do PT afterwards?

Sam-I-Am
    Participant
    @sam-i-am

@GrayCatLove 126628 wrote:

Holy moly. I bet that hurt!

Did you do PT afterwards?

What really hurt was the skin grafting!
    PT for months. I was one of the first successful nerve grafts in our area.

GrayCatLove
    Participant
    @graycatlove

@Sam-I-Am 126630 wrote:

What really hurt was the skin grafting!
    PT for months. I was one of the first successful nerve grafts in our area.

That’s really cool! Was it from a human donor or from a pig?

Sam-I-Am
    Participant
    @sam-i-am

@GrayCatLove 126631 wrote:

That’s really cool! Was it from a human donor or from a pig?

The skin was from my left thigh. The nerve was from my left leg. (as my right foot was being tattooed I thought about my LEFT foot with no feeling on the top)

GrayCatLove
    Participant
    @graycatlove

@Sam-I-Am 126633 wrote:

The skin was from my left thigh. The nerve was from my left leg. (as my right foot was being tattooed I thought about my LEFT foot with no feeling on the top)

I’ve always said there’s no graft like an autograft. ๐Ÿ˜‰

Call_me_Lola
    Participant
    @call_me_lola

Well, I found this idea a little too late. I know your artist is already drawing a kickass design up for you, but peacocks are beautiful, and there are a ton of them in India.

So I thought I’d throw it out there.

https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid=515109188547778&set=a.482605228464841.111000.482586805133350&type=1&theater

GrayCatLove
    Participant
    @graycatlove

It didn’t show up, Lola! I’ve always loved your peacock, though, and that would have been lovely. ๐Ÿ™

Well, I have an untouched back, and I need more animal tattoos. Good idea for the future! ๐Ÿ™‚

buttwheat
    Participant
    @buttwheat

@GrayCatLove 126623 wrote:

Anyone who’s tattooed over scars is more than welcome to advise.

I have a tattoo that reacted very poorly that left a large scar on my chest. see this thread http://www.thetattooforum.com/new-ink-today-t17669.html That I had redone you can not see the scar anymore but you can can feel it.

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 72 total)

You must be logged in to create new topics.