ducatigsx42
@

haha well truly it would be great to design islander style of a scorpion but ive never seen such a tattoo.. really love that style the most. honestly the rock has the sickest islander tribal ive seen.

shaggs2riches
Participant
@shaggs2riches

My quick thoughts. I went with a tribal design on my right arm and not yet done with it either. I love the work that has been done, but like others have said over time some of your opinion might change. For instance I still really enjoy the tribal design that I have, but want to add more to it than what is there so that it isn’t a flat black piece of ink. I haven’t had the opportunity to go back to where my artist is to get more work done; which, evidently gave me more time to consider the rest of the work to be done. Browsing for ideas I’ve seen sleeves where the tribal work has been blended into a themed sleeve which looked really amazing. The tribal then became something more than it ever could have been if it was just left as the single design. Like I said I still really like my tribal, but seeing those other pieces gave me the idea to do the same with mine. If I would have came across that before it would be a lot easier to work the design in to the whole picture by overlapping some of the other artwork. If I want to do any of that now it will require laser work in appropriate areas, cause nothing can coverup solid black except more solid black. Basically I’m saying that if there’s any chance later on you want to add to the overall picture on your arm try to sort that out now. Its totally understandable why people don’t like tribal anymore, but if you’ve considered what these fine people have told you and still want the work done then go for it. Just don’t rush into it because that’s where you might find yourself having regrets later down the road. It took me 10 years (15-25) to decide I was good with my back tattoo, and about 8years (19-27) to seriously decide I was still good with getting tribal.

Cheers

ducatigsx42
@

absolutely agree..granted i kinda feel like i am rushing into things just getting a tribal scorpion. i have seen some great arm pieces that are tribal and have multiple themes pieced together with the scorpion zodiac symbol in the middle. instead of just settling just for a huge tribal scorpion..im gonna try to design themes that piece together to make a diverse tribal half sleeve.

thanks for the suggestions.

Viewing 3 posts - 16 through 18 (of 18 total)

You must be logged in to create new topics.