Participant
@mrchen

youre right!

Im tired of trying to tip toe around peoples feelings

anonymous
Participant
@anonymous
Original six;111894 wrote:
I agree with you all but I also think its perception, like we are tattoo enthusiasts so we dont mind waiting, spending more and researching artists to get the best. But ask me about buying cars I will get the cheapest one that works and won’t give me many problems and get me to A to B…

So some one getting a kitchen scratcher tattoo coz its cheap is just crazy to me (a tattoo enthusiast)

But maybe me picking the first car I see because I have no intrest in them and just want a car is crazy to a car enthusiast.

I’m not tranna argue, just looking at it from a different perective.

Hope I worded this well enough to see wer I’m coming from

I agree with you here, but I think anyone who removes all variables from the equation but price is, well … an idiot. You said you would buy the “cheapest one that works and won’t give me many problems.” Fair enough, The guy who let’s his cousin ink him up in the kitchen though would probably buy the cheapest car period, without paying any attention to whether it’s leaking oil, has a sunroof that’s leaking buckets, etc. So I can understand the guy who goes to a decent local street shop because they only charge X per hour and can do his tattoo on the spot, but I can’t understand the guy who let’s his cousin (who got his tattoo machine for Xmas 2011) ink him up for a 6-pack.

Original six
Participant
@original-six
D3FiANC3;111958 wrote:
I agree with you here, but I think anyone who removes all variables from the equation but price is, well … an idiot. You said you would buy the “cheapest one that works and won’t give me many problems.” Fair enough, The guy who let’s his cousin ink him up in the kitchen though would probably buy the cheapest car period, without paying any attention to whether it’s leaking oil, has a sunroof that’s leaking buckets, etc. So I can understand the guy who goes to a decent local street shop because they only charge X per hour and can do his tattoo on the spot, but I can’t understand the guy who let’s his cousin (who got his tattoo machine for Xmas 2011) ink him up for a 6-pack.

Yeahh cudnt agree more, just a shame some people lack common sense when picking out an artist, was just putting a diffrent swing on it but like you said. Can see why a guy wud go to his local shop for a quick tattoo that’s not gunna win awards at conventions but looks presentable.. But not the guy that sits in a kitchen and has his tattoo while stroking the scratchers pet dog that’s wondeing round the kitchen.

mrchen
Participant
@mrchen

there are plenty of artists on the street working in shops that we havent heard of yet, you guys know some friends of mine were not known 5 years ago, now getting all kinds of press, winning tattoo of the day trophies at huge conventions, nothing wrong with finding a gem and getting lots of ink from them,

but the 80$ sleeve in the trailer, nah, I dont think so

Viewing 4 posts - 16 through 19 (of 19 total)

You must be logged in to create new topics.