mrchen
Participant
@mrchen

man, have you seen some of the album stuff Ive seen lately,

have you been watching those images that pop up on the gallery when you open the main page?

Ive seen some scary ass looking scratcher, hacker ink

Please lord tell me our members are heading towards better ink, tell me we learned our lessons the first time and are now on here looking for better artists to get some dope ass ink,

Thank you that this ink is not on me,

I know everyone doesnt like my ink, but at least I get my weird shit done well,

please folks, research your artist before going to get ink,

Original six
Participant
@original-six

you know it’s bad when in there ‘studio’ pictures you can see a toaster or there pet dog hah

anonymous
Participant
@anonymous

You should have seen what I saw at the supermarket yesterday. I considered trying to sneak a cell pic while the guy was next to me at the self-checkout. Both arms were covered in homemade tats. The one arm had what I believe were supposed to be flames and every two inches you could see where the “artist” stopped and started again. It made me feel silly to be concerned about some of the technical faults in my Luca tat.

GrayCatLove
Participant
@graycatlove

The feeling’s much the same here, Chen. While everyone may not love my tattoos, at least they were done by lovely, nice, professional people.

Cardinal
Participant
@cardinal

I see so many poor tattoos on people, and I do find that quite sad, but sometimes, I don’t think they realise that it is poorly done.

I don’t think the majority of people appreciate the amazing work they can get if only they exercise patience and research their artists. So often you see people being put off by a waiting list. What’s a year or more, if the artist is really who you want?! Don’t settle!

Maybe some people don’t care; they don’t mind how bad it is as long as they can get it done next saturday and it’s cheap 🙁 . I saw a man in my local town a few weeks ago with some half finished tribal on his arm. The outlines were SO bad, I winced as I walked past.

I have friends with tattoos who I would consider to be sensible people and even most of them were agast at the cost of the work I have had done, and the time I have waited for appointments. I think they are starting to appreciate that you get what you pay for though. 🙂

mrchen
Participant
@mrchen

amen, Cardinal, amen,

a good artists is worth his money, he is worth waiting for!

Original six
Participant
@original-six

I agree with you all but I also think its perception, like we are tattoo enthusiasts so we dont mind waiting, spending more and researching artists to get the best. But ask me about buying cars I will get the cheapest one that works and won’t give me many problems and get me to A to B…

So some one getting a kitchen scratcher tattoo coz its cheap is just crazy to me (a tattoo enthusiast)

But maybe me picking the first car I see because I have no intrest in them and just want a car is crazy to a car enthusiast.

I’m not tranna argue, just looking at it from a different perective.

Hope I worded this well enough to see wer I’m coming from

Cardinal
Participant
@cardinal
Original six;111894 wrote:
I agree with you all but I also think its perception, like we are tattoo enthusiasts so we dont mind waiting, spending more and researching artists to get the best. But ask me about buying cars I will get the cheapest one that works and won’t give me many problems and get me to A to B…

I think that’s a good point too. Maybe it’s that an enthusiast sees a tattoo as a piece of art work, so the perspective is different.

Original six
Participant
@original-six
Cardinal;111896 wrote:
I think that’s a good point too. Maybe it’s that an enthusiast sees a tattoo as a piece of art work, so the perspective is different.

Dude I’m so glad u got the point and not just slate me haha, but yeah it’s like my girlfriend asking me about dresses, truth is, I just don’t care lol

Panter
Participant
@panter

I think you make a good point there O6, just seems crazy though when it’s something that’s indelibly ingrained in your skin.
I only drive old crap, I just don’t see the point (for my purposes) in driving something nice but then I don’t have to walk around with it fixed to my arm for the rest of my life 😀

Some people are really proud of their poor tattoos though, another forum I use (not a tattoo one) has a tattoo thread where people routinely post up work they’ve got and some of it is just utter shite

mrchen
Participant
@mrchen

I agree Panter, we are talking about permenantly marking my skin,
got nothing to do with the hoopty I might drive,

I dont spend the big bucks on everything, but on my body, permenant, I dont skimp,

Cardinal
Participant
@cardinal

I know a few tattoo haters in my circle of friends and family, who have been brought around to tattoos by my showing them good work. Not that they would run out and get one themselves, but they appreciate the art or the skill involved.

There are far far more bad tattoos around then good. Sometimes I wonder where all the people with good tattoos are, when I have to wait a year for an appointment :p

mrchen
Participant
@mrchen

I visited a highly regarded dermatologist yesterday, he is from thailand, he got a twiested look on his face and he said “who did all your tattoo?” ” were they done in the united states”………….I told him yes, mainly brandon bonds all or nothing tattoo and josh woods at black 13…………..he said “I didnt know they could tattoo that well here, nice work”

mrchen
Participant
@mrchen

guys I have just started to have my blood boil………………I am tired of looking at all this shit ink and trying to be nice……………..I guess its been a bad week at work, no I dont guess, it has been tough the last few weeks…………………..but damn, threads like I used my nephew scracther half apprentice and my shits blown out?……………..yeah, no shit, who have thunk it

Original six
Participant
@original-six
mrchen;111929 wrote:
guys I have just started to have my blood boil………………I am tired of looking at all this shit ink and trying to be nice……………..I guess its been a bad week at work, no I dont guess, it has been tough the last few weeks…………………..but damn, threads like I used my nephew scracther half apprentice and my shits blown out?……………..yeah, no shit, who have thunk it

If there big and brave enough to get a tattoo from a dude in his kitchen his big a brave enough to take honest criticism from us lot lol

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 19 total)

You must be logged in to create new topics.