Zorba
Participant
@zorba
BertNaked;107686 wrote:
…Here in Norway tattoos and bodymods have been much more accepted by the public. Could be something cultural here, that we won’t find in the US.

When it comes to this kind of stuff, the US is one of the most backward nations in the world…

bluey
Participant
@bluey
Zorba;107697 wrote:
When it comes to this kind of stuff, the US is one of the most backward nations in the world…

It’s not just America. There is a pub (Hotel) that has banned visible tattoos and that is the patrons. Australia has some of the worlds toughest race laws, so it’s only going to a Maori with a facial tattoo and they are going to be in a lot of trouble, but it still doesn’t stop someone from trying. Remember the difference form tattooed people and non tattooed people is that tattooed people don’t care if you are tattooed,

http://www.dailytelegraph.com.au/news/sydney-hoteliers-move-to-ban-patrons-with-visible-tattoos/story-e6freuy9-1226274718106 Link copied form I think Aussie_Al in another thread

kcgreyhound
Participant
@kcgreyhound

As Aussie bars are banning tattooed guests, maybe this story will be an indicator of where tattooing in the US is heading.
http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2012/01/05/prayers-and-ink-flint-township_n_1186157.html
I just hope that they find a better artist than this, because my 2-year-old nephew could do a better job than is illustrated here.

KatieScarlett
Participant
@katiescarlett

i have forearm tattoos. my job also does not have anything about visible tattoos in the dress code. i am female also, so unfortunately, there is usually more of a stigma attached. honestly, i have zero regrets about tattooing my forearms. yes, people stare sometimes, yes, people comment sometimes. but it doesn’t bother me.

so i say got for it.

goldengraemes
Participant
@goldengraemes

My company has a no visible tattoo policy but as I am the Boss I let the small ones some of the staff have slide with a general feedback of when the District manager comes cover it up.
I have 2 1/2 sleeves but would like to go full sleeve with both but if a little bit pops out the bottom of the shirt sleeve I don’t know how this will effect things with my line manager so if I do go full sleeve I won’t have a design that is right to the wrist or solid black towards the wrist.
In todays society it shouldn’t really matter too much if a little bit pops out but I don’t want my tattoos to be so much of a talking point my work takes a sideline for people.

kcgreyhound
Participant
@kcgreyhound

It’s been 48 hours since I posted this thread. After a lot of soul-searching, I think I’d actually regret choosing the half over the full sleeve. I have spoken to trusted friends, and I’m aware of the risk. Worst case scenario is that I might, someday, be asked to wear long-sleeve shirts. Since I don’t see that day on the horizon, and since the climate of tattoo acceptance is changing daily, I think I’m going for it. I’m no pioneer, but if another successful person shows up to work and does his job, that might help the cause of others who are under a strict no-visible-tattoo policy. I have time to change my mind, but I’m booked for early April.

Amok
Participant
@amok

Good for you mate, I’m sure you’ll be ok if you’re happy to wear it.

You’ll want to do your other arm soon….

metalmancpa
Participant
@metalmancpa

A choice made for the right reason. Good luck and hope it comes out the way you envision it (or better).

Viewing 8 posts - 16 through 23 (of 23 total)

You must be logged in to create new topics.