crowned
Participant
@crowned

I just got the tattoo this past friday January 13 (friday the 13th!!!)
It’s my first tattoo. I have been applying Lubriderm lotion as often as possible, since the tat is on my back and I work 8 hours a day, and the scab has already come off from the shower.

It was supposed to be solid black, but it looks like shading in a black outline =/

Will this change or should I get it retouched by a different artist in a few weeks? :confused:

https://plus.google.com/u/0/photos/112064492023903556746/albums/5698783415161852737/5698783412966165426

kittykat200
Participant
@kittykat200

i would leave it 2-4 weeks and let it heal completely before you can tell how its going to look, if you need a touch up once its healed then wait a couple of months and then go back but for now just keep it clean and so on and keep an eye on it 🙂 welcome to the forum btw x

anonymous
Participant
@anonymous

No, it doesn’t look good. It doesn’t look infected or anything, but the fill is very patchy. Are the white areas trapped moisture or are you just using too much Lubriderm? You’re definitely going to want to have that touched up once it heals, but I would go elsewhere as the quality of the work is very poor.

buttwheat
Participant
@buttwheat
crowned;105497 wrote:
I have been applying Lubriderm lotion as often as possible, since the tat is on my back and I work 8 hours a day, and the scab has already come off from the shower.

What kind of aftercare instructions were you given??
Use a light layer of your lotion once or twice a day and keep it out of the water.
Yes you will need a touch up on this. give it a couple of months to fully heal.

crowned
Participant
@crowned
D3FiANC3;105508 wrote:
No, it doesn’t look good. It doesn’t look infected or anything, but the fill is very patchy. Are the white areas trapped moisture or are you just using too much Lubriderm? You’re definitely going to want to have that touched up once it heals, but I would go elsewhere as the quality of the work is very poor.

Yeah sorry about that, those white spots are just lotion from the person who was putting it on for me and took the picture

buttwheat;105511 wrote:
What kind of aftercare instructions were you given??
Use a light layer of your lotion once or twice a day and keep it out of the water.
Yes you will need a touch up on this. give it a couple of months to fully heal.

I was told not to let it dry out too much. So maybe I kept it over-moisturized? I don’t know I think it has to do with two different inks being used for the outline and the fill-in.

To be honest it was done by a licensed person in his house. My friend has 4 tattoos done by him, he’s been tattooing for many many years and he has a lot of great work. But what can you expect for $60? Everyone keeps telling me it looks good and I believe them because it’s on my back, but now I see this picture and it’s rather disappointing =/

Thanks for your help everyone. I’ll post a pic if it turns out better when fully healed, which I doubt.

anonymous
Participant
@anonymous
crowned;105518 wrote:
To be honest it was done by a licensed person in his house. My friend has 4 tattoos done by him, he’s been tattooing for many many years and he has a lot of great work. But what can you expect for $60? Everyone keeps telling me it looks good and I believe them because it’s on my back, but now I see this picture and it’s rather disappointing =/

To be honest, it was obvious that it was done by a scratcher right off. If you have a link to his portfolio, I’d love to see it, as I bet he has never done a decent tattoo in his life.

buttwheat
Participant
@buttwheat
crowned;105518 wrote:
To be honest it was done by a licensed person in his house.

opp there it is!

mrchen
Participant
@mrchen

not very good work,

over moisturized, you are supposed to wear the thinest layer possible

msmercury
Participant
@msmercury

Welcome to the forum. No point in me chiming in on the particulars ~ it’s all been said. You have received some good advice here. 🙂 🙂

Cornishtiger
Participant
@cornishtiger

All this scratching is making me itch
Hoo Ha I love my job.

darkstar
Participant
@darkstar

yea…definatly scratcher work…..ive never heard of them using 2 diffrent inks for black fill in and liner..ive always gotten the same black period….but being as though i have tattoos from a scratcher ( love ya brother, but you are…) you can kindda tell…ina real tattoo the coloring is uniform, you cant tell where the circles of filling have over lapped and there will NOT be that much uncolored “holidays” in the work, expecially if its supposed to be solid black….but you get what you pay for…. once it heals it wont be SO bad…but youll definatly want to go to a shop to get it filled in and fixed.

ArniVidar
@arnividar

Am I the only one that thinks it actually looks better as black outline with grey shading, rather than full tribal blackness?

crowned
Participant
@crowned

I know it’s a small picture, but this is basically how i wanted it. The shape is fine and all, the solid black is my only issue.

https://plus.google.com/u/0/photos/112064492023903556746/albums/5698783415161852737/5699232207356200594

anonymous
Participant
@anonymous
crowned;105571 wrote:
I know it’s a small picture, but this is basically how i wanted it. The shape is fine and all, the solid black is my only issue.

https://plus.google.com/u/0/photos/112064492023903556746/albums/5698783415161852737/5699232207356200594

So the horrendous line work doesn’t bother you? Does your tattoo “artist” have Parkinson’s?

ArniVidar
@arnividar
crowned;105571 wrote:

If you like it, that’s all that matters 🙂

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 37 total)

You must be logged in to create new topics.